“I had a great stay”

Ranked #66 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“I had a great stay”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The Hotel had a comforting atmosphere right as you walk in the door. The lobby is great with the fireplace in the center of it. The rooms were very clean. The only problems in the rooms I had was the towels were really rough. they do not use softener and pillows had alot of static in them. With it being by the airport it is quiet.The staff was very friendly and accommodating to us. The balcony was a plus. When we got in the elevator it smelled like 2 n1 oil. Great location pretty centrally located to where ever we wanted to go.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for your kind and honest review of our hotel. One of the many features that sets us apart from our competition is our two-story, glassed-in atrium with the open pit fireplace in the middle. It definitely creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our guests. I was sorry to hear of the linen concerns you experienced, and I will review this with our Laundry department to ensure the linens are not over-dried. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to Nashville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Jackson, TN
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Hotel and room appeared well kept and clean. I recently stayed at the property on a "Stay and Fly" rate and parked at the hotel. At check-in, the room I was given initially had not been serviced from the previous guest. This was promptly corrected. My major issue was with the shuttle return after a 24 hr travel day on the return. I landed, retrieved my luggage, and called for the shuttle. After 30 min. No shuttle showed. Got tired of waiting and took a taxi to the hotelto see two shuttles sitting at the door. Very poor service in my view.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I was saddened to read of your experience at check-in but was even more troubled about our failure to meet you at the airport for your return ride to retrieve your car. We have a driver scheduled 24 hours a day and though we transport guests anywhere within a two mile radius of the hotel, our primary responsibility should always be to our airport guests. This issue will be reviewed with our Shuttle and Front Desk staffs to ensure this type of miscommunication does not happen to any other guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for this and I genuinely hope you will come back and see us upon your next visit to Nashville.
Beggs, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 January 2013

These people are so friendly and helpful. We checked in and they were so friendly and helpful. We got to our rooms and really nice & clean. They have a balcony that you can see all around the town, I got sick and needed to go to Wal-Greens and get some medicine and the wonderful bus driver took me to get it so I didn't have to drive. He told us where to eat, what to see, I just can't put into words how helpful and nice this guy was. I would go back and stay in this motel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank oilfieldwife1
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
What wonderful comments! Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel and I was pleased to read that your visit was so positive. We have a very friendly and helpful staff and I am glad that we were able to demonstrate our true southern hospitality. We look forward to welcoming your return when your travels bring you back to Music City, USA!
Tokyo
Reviewed 13 December 2012

The hotel is located very near the airport and provides the free shuttle service every 15 or 20 min. The facility is not old but not new.

Room Tip: My room was a little far from the entrance so it may be better to make a request to have a room clos...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We stayed here for an overnight trip to Nashville. Got a great rate using an online coupon. Check-in service was professional and prompt. Everything was explained thoroughly. Lobby is spacious and attractive. King room was a great size with high ceiling. Spotlessly cleaned. Flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, new-looking carpet, etc. Room was VERY quiet at all times. I was surprised since this hotel is near the airport. I don't think I heard an airplane at all while inside the hotel. Breakfast was nice and included hot items such as sausage, egg & cheese omelets, pancakes as well as cereals and other cold items. Lobby/eating area has an open central fireplace that looks nice in the fall and winter with the flame going. The hotel is about 5 miles from Opryland and about 5 or 6 miles from The Hermitage and both are easy drives with the good roads and highways in the area. We will definitely stay here again when we are in Nashville.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Thank you for your heartfelt review of our hotel. It is always gratifying to read nice comments about our staff and our facilities and I was pleased to read your positive feedback. As you mentioned, our atrium area is an excellent place to relax, especially on a cold evening, where you can sit by an open fire with good company, or simply alone with your thoughts. We look forward to hosting you again when your plans bring you back through Nashville. Happy Holidays!
US
Reviewed 3 December 2012

If you have read my reviews you know the Hyatt Place sets the bar for me when it comes to business or budget travel. They are not everywhere but if you can find one they rock. Great modern rooms, excellent amenities (couches, refrigerator, large flat screen TV) and great breakfast all at a price point of many lesser hotels like Hampton and Holiday Inn. So that being said on to my review.

I was heading out of town and the Hampton Inn I am used to staying at was full so they passed me off to the Holiday Inn Express which was further away from the airport and a little off the beaten path. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The shuttle staff was a mixed bag. The older driver I had in the AM was great. The younger driver I had in the PM was silent and never even offered to help with luggage. I tipped him though he never earned it. Alas.

The main lobby/lounge area is fairly impressive with a nice stacked stone fireplace. I was hopeful as I headed to my room. Unfortunately the lobby/lounge was as good as it got. The room was clean however for the money it was very drab. Two beds, a tiny plain desk and a small flat screen TV. The sheets on one of the beds were very itchy and had little bumps of fabric like you expect when they are washed many times. They probably needed to be retired. I was glad I chose two doubles instead of a king as I was able to swap beds. The staff is the only reason I gave the Holiday Inn Express 3 stars. Based on the competitors in the area at similar price points I would probably give the rooms a below average for the $119+ rate. They did let me park free though (the Hampton has never charged me). Had they charged for parking I would have given the hotel 1 star overall.

My review may seem hyper critical for a lower end hotel but when the Hyatt Place charges $89-$120 depending on the market I just can't see how these low end, older hotels get away with their prices. On a brighter note it turns out there is a Hyatt Place two hotels away from the Holiday Inn Express that I never knew about. Next time I will stay there. You should too.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
I was disappointed to read this review of our hotel, as it read more like an advertisement for our competition rather than a sincere review of our hotel. Additionally, when I read some of the other hotels this reviewer has surveyed, they were locations that many would consider as "luxury" hotels, when the Holiday Inn Express brand is a quality and economy brand. That said, I did not feel this review was an entirely fair and unbiased appraisal of our hotel. We welcome reviews of our hotel, and appreciate the comments our guests share.
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I've stayed here a few times when visiting Nashville. Most recently I was here during the Women's Health Magazine Half Marathon in Sept 2012.

The value for the price is very good. No complaints. The breakfast is good, same thing you get at all Holiday Inn Express hotels. The bed was comfortable and room was adequately clean.

Nothing over the top but it was a good location for me and reliable, meaning that it was at the level of other HIX that I've stayed at.

I would recommend this for a low-middle price place to stay in Nashville. I will most likely be staying here in the future too.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. The Holiday Inn Express brand of hotels always have excellent staffs who are ready to assist our guests and rooms that are always clean, and we are no exception. We also feel that we are an excellent value with our 24 hour courtesy shuttle and complimentary hot breakfast. Additionally, we just added a weekend package which includes transportation to Opry Mills and the Opryland Hotel. It is a great value if anyone doesn't want to fight the traffic around the mall and hotel. We look forward to your return to Nashville and seeing you back at our hotel.