“Hotel needs renovation in rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport
Ranked #67 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The lobby is beautiful but the rooms look tired and old. The gold frame pictures and mirrors are a throw back for sure. Our toilet seat was a little wobbly. The hallways are narrow and the elevator was so small we could barely get our cart and two people inside. I wish now I had chosen the Marriott across the street.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport. Admittedly, we are not the newest hotel on the block, but we did have a guest room and hallway renovation less than 2 years ago. During the renovation, the beds were replaced, the wall vinyl was removed, rooms and hallways were painted and new carpet was installed throughout. Within the past month, we replaced all the in-room lounge chairs with new pieces and we will continue to make improvements to our facility. I am sorry that you were displeased with the aesthetics of our hotel, but I hope that when visiting the area again, you may give us another opportunity to win you over as a loyal guest.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night for the Beyoncé concert at Bridgestone Arena. I was able to get this hotel on Hotwire at a very good rate compared to other equivalent hotels nearby. My room as well as the lobby and hallways were very clean. The front desk was helpful with answering any and all questions that arose. The free (hot) breakfast in the morning was a great start to our day. The attendant was great at keeping the food and supplies stocked along with helping everyone find seating. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent visit to our hotel. I was pleased that you found our accommodations to your satisfaction and our staff friendly and helpful. We hope to see you again when your plans bring you back through town.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed here again in March. There was no recognition of my having stayed multiple times as I had wondered if there would be in my last review, but the stay was good as always. Hotel is clean, staff are friendly, breakfast is great!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and I remember your other posting from this past March. There are different versions of Front Desk systems that IHG hotels have, and our system does not provide us with repeat guest information. It is unfortunate because it certainly is a "WOW" factor when a front desk agent can welcome a guest back and know when they stayed with us before. I will certainly make the suggestion to IHG to see if this type of enhancement can be made. We appreciate your loyalty as a repeat guest and look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to Nashville.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I arrived into town 6 hours earlier than planned. Check-in is normally around 4pm; we arrived at 8am. We called ahead and we were told to come on over. Even though they were sold out the night before, they had the first room "checked-out" cleaned immediately...just for us! The room was very nice (standard double bed room), very clean, roomy, and quiet. A?C worked wonderfully and it wasn't too loud either. Breakfast was awesome (complimentary).

This hotel is easy to find and well taken care of. Highly recommend. We didn't use the pool, so I can't comment on that. No hot tub.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Express Airport. I was pleased to read that our staff members were diligent in assisting you with an early check-in and that you found the accommodations to your liking. Our guests always seem to love our complimentary hot breakfast and I am glad you were equally pleased. We hope to have an opportunity to host you again when you return to Nashville.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was our first in a string of 5 different stays at HIExpresses. As a Priority Rewards member, I frequent this chain for work and leisure. This one was nice, the room was large, clean and smelled fresh. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We spent a little time in the pool, which was small, but clean and stocked with towels (and a handicap lift if you need one!).

We did not take advantage of breakfast (had to try the Pancake Pantry...see review...overrated), but overall had a very comfortable stay. Recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and accommodations. We also appreciate you mentioning the pool lift since our pool is compliant with the new ADA law. I sincerely hope you enjoyed the remainder of your trip and we look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans bring you back through Nashville.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

For 7 years another teacher and I have co-hosted a small training event in Nashville. This is the 3rd year we held our event at the Holiday Inn Express Airport. They are truly a wonderful group of people to work with. It's why we keep coming back every year after bouncing from hotel to hotel prior to finding them. The staff is always very friendly and courteous accommodating our every need. The location is great, close to the airport and a major Interstate (I-40). Several good sit down restaurants (as well as a choice of fast food restaurants) are literally minutes away. We definitely plan to return next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent visit to our hotel. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we always appreciate when guests and groups return year after year. We appreciate your kind words about our staff because they really go out of their way to make our guests feel welcome. We look forward to hosting your group again when you return next time.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I've been staying at Holiday Inn Express for years and most of the stays have been very pleasant. Unfortunately, I can't include this one as one of my better experiences. Our room had mold on the wall around the thermostat, the phone jack had been pulled out of the wall, the windows have no locks, the lamp shade was cracked, there was no mini-fridge or microwave and the room had a heavy chemical smell to it. I opened our curtains to find a man standing on a ladder just outside our window which was on the 3rd floor. The staff was friendly but had little knowledge of any restaurants in the area. The property needs some serious maintenance and I was left with the impression that the hotel management doesn't seem to inspect the property on a regular basis. No one seems to take any responsibility for getting routine maintenance tasks completed. My family and I will stay elsewhere on our next trip to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I want to thank this reviewer for taking the time to post their comments from their recent stay at our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and work very hard to ensure that all our guests enjoy their accommodations and their stay. Unfortunately, it is clear that we failed in the eyes of this guest. The ladder that this guest referred to outside of the window is actually being used by a team of workers correcting some roofing repairs that were made earlier this year. We do not have micro/fridges in every room and we do not advertise that we do. I find it unfortunate that this reviewer was dissatisfied with their accommodations and I will try to reach out to them through TripAdvisor to contact them directly. Guests that know this hotel have seen the improvements we have been making over the past year, and we plan to make even more in the coming months. I sincerely hope this reviewer will give us another try when they return to Nashville.