“Not your Typical Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center
Ranked #36 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for a business meeting in early May 2014 and was pleasantly surprised by the property. The hotel had far more services (in terms of meeting space and shuttle bus) than a typical Holiday Inn Express.
I was given a room on one of the renovated floors and it was a nice size, clean, and comfortable.
The hotel offers a breakfast (not too bad for this type of hotel), shuttle bus to attractions within 2 miles of the hotel, and a small exercise room and outdoor pool.
They do provide free internet - but it was rather slow.
All of the staff were very friendly -- from the desk clerks to the shuttle drivers.
There is parking below the hotel, but I didn't have a car so I'm not sure of the cost.

As others have stated, the hotel is on the 'fringe' of the downtown area and ~<1.0 mile from the main entertainment area. I did take the shuttle to/from without any problem.

All-in-all I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated floor - the non-renovated floors are dated. The shuttle bus to/from the entertai...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

We appreciate your valuable feedback regarding your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown; and for taking the time out of your day to post a review on TripAdvisor.

You are correct, we are not your typical Holiday Inn Express; we are actually the largest Holiday Inn Express in the country with 287 guestrooms, complete with 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. This, in itself, allows us to cater to a larger clientele looking for that full service hotel experience. Our location (two blocks away from the entertainment district), size, and team is what truly separates us from the rest of the competition in the downtown Nashville market.

Your recommendation and comments will not go unnoticed, and I will make certain to pass along your positive feedback to my team for a job well done. Next time you are visiting Nashville we would love to have another opportunity to welcome your return visit for another great experience.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here for one night - great central Nashville hotel - usual quality room from Holiday Inn Express- not cheap as we booked last minute. Easy parking downstairs and only about a 10 minute walk from the main Nashville downtown experience - so superb for sightseeing.

Breakfast is not brilliant - rather poor - but for location and convenience it is spot on.

Staff were also helpful and engaged

Good job all round.

Room Tip: Try to book early to see if you can get a better deal - as it is right in the centre think they don...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. My team and I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your detailed experience with the social media world on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read your kind recognition of my team's efforts to ensure you were comfortable and warmly welcomed. Our professional service team is what truly sets the opening tone for that lasting, and memorable experience. I am also pleased to read that our location was convenient for your visit to downtown Nashville. We personally believe our location, and award winning guest service, is what sets us apart from the rest of the competition in the Nashville market.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I liked the Holiday Inn Express. The room was in good shape, and we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We used the hotel shuttle a couple times, and the drivers were great. Parking was conveniently located at the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

I am pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

Your recommendation towards our brand, Holiday Inn Express, cleanliness, complimentary Express Start breakfast, and professional/courteous shuttle drivers is indeed heart-warming to read. Thank you for inspiring us to go above and beyond what is expected to continually offer great comfort and convenience to our valued guests.

We certainly hope to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I called for a room on 5/4/14 looking for a one night stay with my boyfriend on our one year anniversary of being together. Got room 604. Talked to a lady who seemed to be very friendly. Asked if the the pool was open. Weather was hot. 85° and sunny. Her exact responce was "Oh silly giri, it's hot outside. Of course the pool is open." So we get there and check in. Go to our room. Get ready to go to the pool. Go downstairs to the front desk in our swim suits, beach towels, coolers full of beverages to lay in the sun. And ask where the pool is. And to my surprise they tell us the pool is closed and is open "seasonal". So what, did this friendly lady just tell me this so we would come to your hotel. We came from Wisconsin to spend our vacation outside. In nice weather. Who ever this woman was I hope you are proud of your employees. Besides the "friendly Employee" everything was very friendly.

Room Tip: Don't go if the pool is out of season and the weather is hot.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DianeJStLouis
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time in providing us your detailed experience at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. Our team strives to provide the best possible experience whether staying with us for business or leisure. With that said, I apologize that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory.

I, too, would not appreciate the annoyance in our pool not being open. Did you report this inconvenience to our Manager on Duty? We have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day to assist our guests with various concerns. We would have gladly made it right with you by purchasing your party day passes to the YMCA to utilize their pool. With respect to the inconsiderate employee, I would like to discuss this in further detail with you so I may find out which employee you might have possibly dealt with after arriving with us. This will help me determine, not only the employee in question, but when exactly you stayed with us. Unfortunately, I've run into a brick wall researching this issue because we have absolutely no record of your stay, or the concerns detailed in your review. We do have an outdoor pool, yes, and are one of a few hotels in downtown Nashville that have an outdoor pool. Our outdoor pool is open seasonally, per the Nashville/Davidson County Health Department. Unfortunatly, due to us having an outdoor pool, our hands are tied as to when we can open it. However, I am happy to announce that our pool is now open for the season.

Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience at 615-244-0150 and I will be happy to speak to you about your experience with us. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just passing through. This hotel was great, clean and the people at the front desk was very helpful. Great location, we walked downtown. One thing, I think it's a rip off and I'm seeing more hotels do this now. Why do we have to pay for parking, it's not like there's a valet. I think it's just another way of getting more money.

Room Tip: Just pick one.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel, staff, cleanliness, and convenient downtown location.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to others. Our team makes every effort possible to deliver upon the high standards we set for ourselves, while also remaining welcoming and personable to our guests. For all of this and more we sincerely thank you.

Along with my team, we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future to the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown for another great experience.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have just returned from a 2 night stay in which I booked 5 rooms for 10 traveling companions to attend a nearby conference. I booked the rooms online and then called the hotel and was connected to Valeri who was friendly and personable and went above and beyond the call of duty to take care of us. She secured a special room for a guest with "mobility issues," as well as took the time to share about local eateries and sights of interest within walking distance. It was obvious that Valeri loved her job! (Given the chance, I would hire this lady immediately!)

The rooms were comfortable, clean and had a mini-fridge and microwave. The breakfast buffet was outstanding, and had a great variety! My only complaint would be that the breakfast serving crew seemed to be overwhelmed & understaffed. Their demeanor was that of frustration and hurry. It seemed that the hotel was full, and during peak times, (7-8:30) the coffee and some food items were constantly running out. But there was alway plenty of their signature cinnamon rolls!

The prices here were very competitive with other hotels and the Holiday Inn Shuttle would take guests and pick them up most anywhere within a 2 mile radius.

I would definitely stay here again if I was working or attending an event downtown, and would be sure to ask for Valeri if special assistance is needed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BigMack
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown for your 2 night, 5 room, 10 person trip to the Music City.

My team and I are absolutely delighted to read that you consider our hotel “amount the best for Holiday Inn Express.” In fact, we are the largest Holiday Inn Express, within the InterContinental Hotels Group portfolio, in the country. Our ultimate goal is to not just live up to your expectations, but to exceed your expectations each and everyday. It was our pleasure to provide you the personalized concierge service that we are known for. I shall certainly extend your great comments to Valeri. She is one of our seasoned professionals who exemplifies customer service to a tee. Thank you so much for recognizing one of my employees in this regard.

On behalf of my team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This isn't a purpose built HIExpress so it has some challenges (older building; noises) but apart from that it is great. I had a spectacularly fast check-in and all of the clerks recognized me by name following my first walk up. I got great advice on restaurants and assurances I'd be safe walking the few blocks into the center of everything Nashville - they were right. There was a courtesy van on offer but I needed the walk. Comfy bed, nice view over Union Station, furnishings work.
I had a noise in my room that was intermittent - about once an hour there was a loud buzzing noise. I was in bed and nearly asleep when I figured out it wasn't just the TV - and by then it was too late to call for maintenance. I told front desk in the morning and they expressed concern - so hopefully no one else is awakened every hour or so by whatever this is. (likely the refrigerator)
I want better in room coffee makers - don't care for the single serving in a styro cup thingy that is becoming common. (it's just instant coffee - and not particularly good)
I want a luggage rack - I hate putting my suitcase up on furniture where it can leave marks or damage upholstery.

Room Tip: I love trains and train sounds so a view over Union Station was great for me. If you aren't a f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

You are correct, we are not your typical Holiday Inn Express; we are actually the largest Holiday Inn Express in the country with 287 guestrooms, complete with 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. This, in itself, allows us to cater to a larger clientele looking for that full service hotel experience. We sincerely appreciate your feedback outlining our top-notch service team that will do Whatever It Takes to create lasting memories for our guests. Our location, size, and team is what truly separates us from the rest of the competition in the downtown Nashville market. With that said, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize if you were left to feel disappointed with the buzzing noise coming from your room. I will make sure to follow up with our engineering team to pinpoint exactly where this is coming from. With respect to luggage racks, all of our 287 guestrooms and suites have luggage racks in the closet; and some of our larger rooms actually have multiple luggage racks for even more convenience.