“Great location, mixup at checkout”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown
Ranked #43 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Detroit, Michigan
“Great location, mixup at checkout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a block of five rooms here for a bachelorette party weekend. It was a great stay for us in terms of accommodations, location to downtown and cost. Great pool and very friendly staff who are used to dealing with a lot of excitement, if you will. If you are looking for a quiet weekend with kids this may not be a good choice.

My only complaint is I had a lot of issues dealing with the checkout process. My credit card was initially charged for someone else's reservation, which I didn't realize until I got back to the car and noticed someone else's name on the receipt. I had to go back and get a refund to the card. Not to mention, the payment was supposed to be split between two different credit cards, but the manager was having so much trouble that we gave up on it and I ended up just charging everything to my credit card. The whole checkout/payment ordeal took over 45 minutes while my group was waiting to leave.

All in all, I would stay again and hope they were just having a bad day at the front desk.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AngelaHernandez
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Ms. Hernandez,

Thank you for your time, business, and most importantly your continued patience with us from your bachelorette party experience at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in May 2014.

My team and I specifically remember this particular incident, and would like to again apologize for any confusion and/or frustration caused at departure. However, I am happy to report to the TripAdvisor community that we made amends by discounting a large portion of your stay as a result of the mix up on your departure Sunday in May. This is the least we could do considering the obstacles you experienced upon departure. We understand that, at times, mistakes and oversights happen between both parties (hotel/guest); but it is how my team and I deal with said oversights is what truly sets us apart from the rest of the competitive. Thank you for alerting us to this mishaps, and I am happy to report that we quickly remedied the situation; and that you would stay with us if your travels plans bring you back to Nashville.

Thank you so much for your business and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Nashville.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived here on 4th July, check in was quick, reception staff were very welcoming. There were over 200,000 people in town that night and the hotel was extremely busy but we found it quiet in our room. The free lemonade and meatballs and pasta were very welcoming after a long drive.
The free breakfast was also very good, ok not as good as some breakfasts but free and lots of different choices. Our room was comfortable and clean.
The location was great, just a short walk to downtown. My only criticism is the antiquated safe that we were presented with at reception. It was a very ancient lockable tin box that, when placed on the counter I could hardly see in. We would definitely stay here again if visiting Nashville.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and it was quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
On behalf of my team, I would like to sincerely thank you for your time in detailing your experience with us on your July 4th weekend excursion to Nashville!

July 4th is one of Nashville’s busiest time of the year with over 200,000 people huddled in downtown for our Red, White & Boom festival. Reading your review gives me great joy to know that we were able to provide you with a pleasant experience.

Thank you again for your time, business, and for allowing me the opportunity to respond to your review. We welcome you back anytime!

Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

At first glance, this seemed like a nice hotel. But when you look around, it's hard not to notice it's pretty filthy. The floors in the lobby/elevator were sticky. There were fingerprints and ctumbs on all the tables in the lobby, as well as fingerprints on the doors to the lobby and garage. Our room was never cleaned! We had to go down to the front desk around 5pm to ask them to tidy up. The worst part of our hotel experience happened when the shuttle failed to pick up our party of 7. We were told twice that they were on the way. The third time we called, after waiting 30 minutes, they said the shuttle stopped for the night leaving us to fend for ourselves! We would have never known if we didn't call them. I suggest staying elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time in providing us your detailed experience at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. Our team strives to provide the best possible experience whether staying with us for business or leisure.

Along with my team, I would like to apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. It is indeed troubling to read the challenges outlined in your review. Did you report any of your inconveniences to our Manager on Duty? We have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day to assist our guests with their various concerns. With respect to our shuttle, we do have an on-demand/first come-first serve complimentary downtown shuttle; a complimentary shuttle that most hotels in downtown Nashville do not have as an amenity for their guests. Our shuttle does not take reservations, as it is on a first come-first serve basis. On an average weekend our hotel is servicing anywhere between 2000+ guests, with the majority of our guests wanting to utilize our complimentary on-demand shuttle service. Because of this, wait times, unfortunately, can sometimes occur when the volume is this high. With that said, I, too, would not appreciate the annoyance of having to wait.

Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience at 615-244-0150 and I will be happy to speak to you about your experience. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

West Harrison, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel! And I am very very picky! The staff were all so friendly and helpful we felt very welcome. We stayed on the 7th floor, they are recently renovated on that floor I think. Omg the bed was amazing and the pillows the best ever! I am one that cant sleep in hotels, but the bed was so comfortable I slept like a rock. The room was extremely clean too. The hotel also put put afternoon snacks in the lobby and then pasta and fruit at dinner. I have never seen a hotel do all that, we were very happy. Breakfast was really great too, thank you! !!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mgilbert89
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for your valuable time in posting a review of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. Feedback like yours is exact lasting experience we want all our guests to have while staying with us.

We are humbled by your positive remarks pertaining to our friendly team, clean guestroom with amazing comfortable bed, hors d'oeuvre, and refreshments in the evening. Your kind words about our hotel, and especially about my team of hospitality professionals will not go unnoticed. I have already posted your review on our Hall of Fame board for our entire hotel team to read.

On behalf of my team, we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for another great experience!

Manteno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very nice hotel in a great spot. Also free shuttle to downtown and other points of interest. You can walk to downtown but a shuttle is available until 10:30pm. The shuttle even took us to Rick's Restoration and picked us back up when we called hotel. The hot breakfast was a plus too. There is a $22 a night parking fee at the hotel added to your bill, but worth the fee.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pam R
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am also very delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and for commenting on our facility, team, service, and product. Thank you sincerely for recognizing our team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for another great experience

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Loved, loved, loved this hotel and believe me I'm very picky on cleanliness! great facilities in room, i.e. fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, T.V. tea/coffee and hot water. Staff very helpful and friendly loved the girls on reception they were always so complimentary on my outfits...tell them I was the "Rosie the Riveter" lady!! I was really pleased to be greeted with the FREE ice cold lemonade in the lobby each afternoon after sightseeing in Nashville. Room very comfy fresh white cotton bedding and fluffy towels. Loved the free breakfast lots of choices and also that you could get it " to go" if you wanted, my hubby wasn't pleased with the plastic cutlery and plates but as I pointed out to him this meant tables were cleared quickly and we never had a problem getting a table!
We spent 5 great days in Nashville and moved onto Memphis were friends had told us to stay at The Peabody Hotel because of the ducks!! ....okay so it's an impressive old hotel with lovely olde worlde charm but rooms were really noisy and no match to a Holiday Inn, No fridge, No Microwave, No tea/coffee in room only a bottle of water which we would be charged $4 if we drank it!.....we looked at each other and said..."We should of booked the Holiday Inn" !!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wdnesgal
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read how much you enjoy your time with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments about what we like to call our Nashville Style. Hors d'oeuvre, refreshments, live music in the lobby from one of Nashville’s up and coming musicians, award winning guest service, all of this and more is part of our Nashville Style. Thank you again for recognizing us in this regard.

On behalf of my team, I do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in the near future.

Otis, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great location, easy walking distance to the convention center, Music City Center, downtown, and many attractions but far enough away you're not bombarded with the live music. Disappointed they do not provide a shuttle to/from airport. I would think this would be a major selling point. Staff was helpful and arranged for car service to take us to Grand Ole Opry and the driver returned to take us back to the hotel. Rooms could use some updating, Struggled with finding available outlets to plug in chargers.

Room Tip: Higher is better to get away from street noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank i911
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Along with my team, I would like to sincerely thank you for your time, business, and review of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown on TripAdvisor.

Your kind words outlining our centralized downtown Nashville location right in the middle of everything that our Music City has to offer really hits home for my team. My team and I personally believe its because of our picture-perfect downtown location, coupled with our award winning service, is what truly sets us apart from the rest of the competition. Thank you very much for your acknowledgment.

Please reach out to me personally the next time you are visiting Nashville and I will roll out the red carpet for you!