1,314 results
All reviews backstage grill grand ole opry cracker barrel free shuttle atrium area on site restaurant live music shuttle service the room was nice downtown nashville starbucks interstate broadway
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We are now making it our #1 question to ask when we book a hotel: Do you have sleep number beds? If the bed isn't worthy of a good night's rest the room is a BIG NEGATIVE. This hotel had lots going for it but how do you overlook a crummy night's sleep?

Room tip: Room we had opened to the outside which meant more noise from the traffic.
Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Thankfully this hotel was able to save us from a bad exerpience at the Days Inn in Downtown Nashville. We called the Radisson at 10pm on Friday night and they were able to secure us a room quickly. Front desk was wonderful! Location is super easy to get to. Being close to Opryland Hotel was fun. The room was clean and seemingly freshly renovated. Our only disappointment was that the pool heater was not working, and I wasn't a big fan of our room door facing the experior; however, only hotel patrons are able to access the room door because you can only enter the hotel or access the room doors via the lobby. Hard to describe, but it was just fine. I would definately stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Sorry my post is late. I was another review with the issue on the pool and I had to make sure I express my discontent as well. We stayed at the Radisson in mid december and had booked an extra night so that my daughter could go swimming. We checked in and was told that the pool was closed for maintenance. They offered a van to take us to another property close by (inconvenient but none the less it was our only option). The indoor pool area at the Rad was beautiful. However, when we started for our room we realized that it was outdoor corridor, so I was even more upset that if the pool had been working, we would have been walking out in 25 degree weather to get to our room. The website does not say anything about outdoor corridors. We decided to go ahead and take advantage of the other hotel pool so the van driver promptly picked us up to take us across the street. We were told by Rad front dest that the other hotel pool closed at 11pm only to be informed by the driver when he dropped us off that his last pick up is at 10pm. We got to the hotel at 8:30 which only gave us an hour to swim. The other hotel seemed rather annoyed when I had to request their assistance to contact the radisson to pick us up. We had a double bed room and it's nearly the size of twin beds. My young daughter often likes to sleep with us in unfamiliar places and usually don't have a problem with her lying with us, but it was very cramped. Most hotels I've stayed at have 2 queens in the room. The sleep number thingy didn't work properly. We requested a handicap room and the bathroom was very large but the walkway to the bathroom was very narrow- not sure if we would have had a wheelchair that it would have fit through the walkway. The shuttle service to the Gaylord was nice- although they need to advertise some of the shuttle stops a little better, especially at the ICE exhibit. The new ICE building is nice but don't be deceived. When you get in there are multiple rows to go through before entering a large room that shows a video of ICE history, then you move to another room going through multiple lines to get your coat then finally enter the exhibit. The actual exhibit seemed smaller this year that in the past few years that we have been so I was disappointed in that as well. When we came out of the exhibit the line horribly backed up outside. I can't imagine the wait they had. If you have had problems at the Radisson you can contact the main number to dispute the issues with your stay and you may be able to receive a voucher for a free night at any radisson.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We ended up arriving at The Grand Ole Opry later than intended and had nowhere to stay in Nashville. So we were looking quite late after the performance. The Radisson was just across the road from the entrance to the Opryland complex, but significantly cheaper than what is inside it.

Considering the prices they could charge, it's reasonable enough. The rooms were comfortable. We didn't eat there, so can't comment on that.

Location is great for Opryland, but not for the rest of Nashville. The dining options nearby are all in the cheap and cheerful category, although having finally chosen to eat in the Cracker Barrel, we found that to be pretty good for the prices charged.

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Just stayed at this hotel on January 15, 2012. At check-in they asked, "What do you plan to do while in Nashville 2 nights?" My response was, "Swim in the pool and just relax!" The front desk response was "Our pool is closed" as she hands me a form letter explaining the pool issue. (not dated I may add). Are you kidding me? I made my reservation directly with the front desk which gave them every opportunity to notify me that the pool area was closed. I specifically selected this hotel due to the indoor pool and hottub. How convenient they do not tell guests until you have completed the check-in process and have your key in hand. I was on the Radisson website researching this hotel before my stay and they have nothing posted. Front desk and and Manager insist it is on the website. I go to my room with my laptop and of course IT IS NOT POSTED! People, this hotel has had the pool shut down for MONTHS! They do not notify you via the phone number, address, or email they have on file from your reservation and I find that very unfair and wrong.

On another note, the room was comfortable, however the special sleep number bed did not function. The internet access worked fine even though the Radisson website I immediately logged onto kept popping up every time I tried to go onto something else. The tv was nothing but snowy with few channels. Do get an inside room. Many of the rooms have an outside door to your room and not pleasant or safe in my opinion. I do agree with another review that this hotel was probably a rehabbed Ramada or something. Oh, did you know this hotel is owned by Gaylord? It is a slum compared to their Opryland Hotel across the street. You have been notified. :-) Btw, there are many other hotel choices and a lovely Hyatt Place down the street.

Check out downtown Nashville in the evening for good restaurants and duck into the bars to hear some country music and open mic music.

Room tip: Make sure you book an inside room. (Rates may be higher due to room location)
Date of stay: January 2012