“stay clear of this place”

The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel
Ranked #65 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Frederick, Maryland, United States
“stay clear of this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

This hotels customers service sucks, we couldnt even sleep here, people were working out front at 7 am in the morning, we complained and they we like oh well, room was dirty and noisy, would never stay here again,,,Didnt recieve 20 deposit back they say you will get when you check out,The only good thing about the location was we were close to everything, but I would never stay here again, all they cared about was money spent there, screw what the customer has to say....to bad customers are just a number to them............

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank David T
Amber S, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
We truly do apologize for the issues experienced during this recent visit. We welcome any feedback regarding issues in room and/or disturbances around the property. We will be reaching out to this guest to get further information about stay and work to resolve- we value all of our customers and appreciate the opportunity to make it right.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Weeki Wachee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

We just returned from 5 days in Nashville for the Grand Ole Opry birthday celebration and stayed at the Radisson. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very nice and the staff accomodating. There are many restaurants within walking distance as well as in the hotel. The food in the hotel was really good so there is no need to leave. Fried chicken was some of the best I've had as well as the strawberry shortcake!

Room Tip: We prefer staying on an outside room as the inside rooms are sometimes noisy if they are setting up...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetotravel0075
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

Two nights here on our Dixieland tour.
The hotel has interior and exterior rooms. We were on the inside balcony surrounding the restaturant/ pool/ convention area. Could be slightly noisy when a convention is going on.
Lovely pool but spa jets weren't all working so not many bubbles !
We didn't eat here but ate at Cracker Barrel across from the hotel.
Good value for money.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker, ask for an outside room, then you can smoke on your balcony walkway.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Madison, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

The shuttles to the Opryland campus run on time, but take 30 minutes to do a complete loop, so, if you're in a rush to attend a meeting, plan accordingly. It's a bit frustrating, as Opryland is across the street, but not safe to walk to, for lack of sidewalks.

The front desk workers were, I think, understaffed. It took three calls down to the concierge to get an answer. I requested help with my luggage and was told "Oh, we'll have to send one of our engineers." Said engineer didn't show, so, I lugged (late, and annoyed) all my tradeshow stuff from my room down to the car. The lobby was empty...

I didn't get an email receipt, I didn't get a confirmation number, an inexpensive necklace is now missing (could be my fault, but, that would be unusual for me), the shuttle situation was less than ideal, my water bottles were never replaced after the first night, etc. It just wasn't a great experience.

Room Tip: You want an internal room. This used to be a motel, it seems. The inner rooms have a glass ceiling o...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicole G
Amber S, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We strive to provide amenities suitable to our conference guests, and truly do apologize if these were not to your satisfaction during your recent stay. We take all comments seriously and will be looking into staffing levels to avoid incidents as you described from occurring in the future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Excellent tranqil hotel built like apartments around a pool giving a great feeling of openness. We had a great sleep here as in all American hotels tn was very comfortable. You'll need this after a night out in Nashville a place where everybody can sing. Good staff and an offie around the corner for your hooch.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

The entire experience started off bad. Never received the e-mail confirmation they promised to send. Arrived at hotel and bus was parked in the check-in area. Would not have been a big deal, but there was an actual bus lane NOT being used and all close parking was full. Parked a bit away and, not wanting to go back and forth to the car, I lugged in my luggage, only to lug it back past my car to my outside room. This after check-in in which one employee ignored me and the other one saw me waiting in line. When it was my turn and she was watching me approach the counter, she saw another hotel guest cut in front of me. She attended to the needs of the other guest and never apologized for the delay. Then she proceeded to answer the constantly ringing phone delaying check in even further. I told her I wanted the quietest room possible and she said she had an "inside" room. She started to assign the room and then said, no, it's outside. She assured me it would be quiet, but it was not of course. It opened directly into the parking lot so you could hear the car doors open and close, engines, etc. Then the air didn't work and had to call front desk. There was hair in the bathroom. Finally get in bed after waiting on maintenance to fix the air and the entire remote for the sleep number bed was missing. When I called the front desk, she seemed annoyed with me!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Carol C
Amber S, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
We always strive to provide our guests with flawless service beginning with their arrival experience. We are sorry to hear of issues experienced during the arrival process, and we're currently looking into this and other issues reported during stay. We will then be following up directly with this guest to resolve.
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Great location, very close to Gaylord Opryland, the Mills and all of the surroundings. Free shuttles to the Gayloard resort and the Mills. Pleasant hotel with a large open atrium type inner space with pool and restaurant lit by skylight. Nice little restaurant named John A's next door with decent food and live country music in a mellow setting, really enjoyed that. Free WiFi on the whole property is a big plus and appreciated, I was there on business and utilized this often. Nice pillows and the sleep number beds were interesting, never had that in a hotel room. Quality furnishings, Kohler fixtures, but a one piece smallish shower, it works, but a little tight if you're taller. I really liked that Kohler shower head, just might get one for home. Coffee maker and 2 free bottled waters. No refrigerator or microwave. Also a good size LCD tv in standard definition. The room was clean. With this central location, you have options of walking to many eating establishments. They have a restaurant/bar in the premises.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business