The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel
Ranked #65 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
WEST LOTHIAN
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Found this hotel to be excellent, good clean room overlooking pool and atrium ,all staff friendly and good location situated in Music Village with several bars and restaurants many with live entertainment. Grand Ole Opry only 5min mins drive away , downtown Nashville 20 mins away. Free shuttle bus to large shopping mall or paid shuttle to the Honky tonks on Broadway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

So, we came to Nashville for my husband's birthday and decided to spend a little more to stay at a nicer hotel and thought that a Marriott/Gaylord hotel would fit that bill (we LOVE Marriott). The lobby, conference areas, and staff were fine but the room was average (at best). We booked a King room but got two full sized beds. Even when we asked for the King we had booked, they said "sorry about that". The beds are Sleep Number - which are TERRIBLE!!! They are air mattresses... and not even glorified air mattresses... they are juuuuuust an air matress with a pillow top. The air pumps on the beds are VERY LOUD, when you actually get the bed remote to work. One of the pumps/remotes never worked, even after maintence came up and replaced it. We didn't have the noise issue that others seem to have, but we were on the exterior... our door went right out to the parking lot like a Motel. We paid $100+ for that night.... a mistake we will never make again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tennille, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were there for a conference and enjoyed the stay. The rooms were nice for the price. The staff were helpful and cordial.
Overall a good weekend.
The hotel had a lot of visitors to Opryland that were noisy and left a mess in the lower restrooms by the grill on the last night we were in attendance. When notified the area was cleaned immediately.

Room Tip: Street noise at night in outside rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Williamsvile, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed at the Opryland Hotel across the street for a few days and had such a good time we decided to stay for a extra day or so. Unfortunately the hotel was booked solid for a convention. They suggested we try the other hotel. I thought, because it was afiliated with Opryland, that all would be fine. It is, at best, what appears to be, and old hotel that falls short on all levels. And I ended up paying more to stay here that at Opryland. I did book Opryland ahead of time. Beds were unconfortable, bathroon was tiny, and the room was noisy. The front desk personal were ok, although the directions they gave us to our room took us oout of our way. Would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rich G
La Vernia, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

It is a old motel with doors to the outside. Redone I to a marriott. They have select number beds which I realize I am not a fan of. The staff and service is very good. I find fault in the design of the hotel with atrium with little use and bathrooms that are hard to move around in. If you put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig. It was a. Ice try to renovate and make something. Nice but the noise level from traffic outside the metal doors that do not close very well. It still is just a motel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Justin K
Hampstead, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

For folks staying here for a conference it is great. I didn't fall into that category and am not a country music fan. There was an event in the Atrium which was directly outside my room - country music blaring until 10pm. Not really my favorite. There was also one ceiling tile outside of my bathroom that was black with mold in the entire corner. I'll overlook a little mold - you can't get it all. But this was fixable and really disgusting. Other than that the room was clean and well appointed. I would say not really up to snuff with most other Marriott properties though. The food at the Backstage Grill was really limited, especially for someone who wants to eat healthy/light. The whole place was bustling from sunup to sundown - if you're like me and prefer light traffic and a quiet environment to get work done, this would not be ideal for you. I was also kind of annoyed that I couldn't get an upgrade through my Platinum Elite status; I do understand that I can't always get that. However I also wasn't able to get a king size bed which I specifically called out for in the comments during my booking. Upon check-in the woman at the desk told me it was not noted in my preferences. I have over 85 stays this year and have never had this issue.

Room Tip: Inside you get loud bands, outside you get traffic noises. I'd say take outside, traffic will be...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

stayed in the hotel, while I had a conference in the Opryland convention centre.
The hotel is just across the room from the conference centre, a 10 min walk .
Rooms are ok, clean, spacious.
Only thing is after a few days the won`t supply you with shampoo etc, but front desk wil have it available
Staff at front desk is very friendly. I was helped by a trainee (forgot her name) she is a true jewel, very friendly and kind.
Free wifi, wich isn`t that fast, but it works.
ample parking space
nice indoor pool

Room Tip: ask for one on the top floor, and an "outside room" avoid the rooms at the back of the hot...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business