The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel
US$301
US$247
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Music City Hotel(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$382
Sheraton.com
US$408
TripAdvisor
1,250 results
All reviewsbackstage grillgrand ole oprycracker barrelfree shuttlelive musicgeneral jacksonshuttle servicethe room was nicedowntown nashvillestarbucksinterstate
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The small, poorly designed Atrium appears inviting BUT echoes every sound, every conversation, every squeaky wheel on the service carts.... focused right through the single-pain interior guestroom windows. As noisy as a "No Survivors" Frat Party on Fri & Sat nite... off-&-on until past 3:00am. No one, not a single person in our group got a full night's sleep. Better suited for conventions & parties. Nice Grill, location, & staff are not enough to compensate. I will return to other Gaylord/Marriott properties, but never to this one. What a disappointment?!

Room Tip: Request an interior room at the far end of the Atrium well past the Coffee Bar & staircase.... as far from the single Elevator as possible- OR - an exterior room away from the street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We were on our way through heading to New York City and choose this hotel for simplicity and price.
It's a strange place with an overtly sumptuous lobby, the building being an old style quadrant hotel that had been up graded by covering the quadrant over and using the internal space for exhibitions etc.

We liked it, it was different, doesn't feel very private but we weren't looking for vast privacy.
However, we did think the Wifi could have been better.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

we just stayed at the inn at operyland, we were in a group of 4 couples and this hotel was chosen by one of the other couples, based on price I think...the first thing I did was look at trip advisor before booking and was dismayed by the large number of bad reviews, but since all the other couples were staying there I went ahead and booked it anyway...

being a little concerned, I was surprised to find it was not all that bad...I selected a room on the inside, overlooking the atrium...which housed the pool, hot tub and a huge amount of open space.

the room was on the small side, but it was clean, with modern bedding, and I might add a very comfortable bed and pillows...the bathroom was really small, but was updated and clean. it had shampoo, conditioner, and all you expect to find...plenty of towels also. so while the room was small by todays standards, there was not one thing wrong with it.

hotel staff...they were very polite and eager to help with any request, could not have been any professional. absolutely nothing wrong with the staff.

we did not eat or drink at the hotel, so I have nothing to say about that...

we went downtown to party..the cab ride was a flat 25$ each way, and was farther away than I thought it would be...I do not recommend staying there it you are going downtown, once again I didn't pick this place...6 weeks ago when we all went there I picked the Marriott downtown, which was in walking distance of the bars...I think most people who stay here do so because its close to the outlet mall...so if that's your reason for going to Nashville and you don't want to stay in the operyland hotel, then this is probably as good as any place.

mainly im writhing this review because I didn't find any of the complaints many other reviewers had to be applicable to me. so to sum it up, I didn't fine anything wrong with hotel, while I probably will not stay there again, due to location, if you are looking for a somewhat inexpensive hotel room, based on what the market will bare, then this is as good as any....and trust me , I would skewer this place if I thought it deserved it...

Room Tip: choose a high floor, they are quitter...I don't think I would choose the inside rooms if I stayed there again....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nights while I attended a conference at the Gaylord Convention Center, which is in walking distance. I got a nice deal on the room-the price went down considerably each night that I stayed.

The hotel is fine. It serves its purpose of someplace to sleep at night, some breakfast and a drink in the evening. I'm not sure that it is worth the first night's price that I paid, but considering the price points of the hotels in the surrounding area it is fine. I wasn't here during the day. Wi-fi was free and was readily available and fast as well, so I was able to get work done when I was not at the convention.

The only complaint I had was the outside noise-which is to be expected as the room was an exterior room. We can't prevent outside noise-that is a given, so rather than complain about the noise, I would suggest that perhaps the hotel invest in some quality doors. My door definitely had a large gap between the door and the floor, which allowed lots of sound in. I could easily hear folks' conversations and definitely smell cigarette smoke.

That is my only complaint. The restaurant is decent with friendly staff. The fitness center is great and the breakfast isn't too bad either.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ssminey79
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Miserable, dismal overflow property for the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Don't be confused like I was when I booked it through my Marriott account. It is an old, dated property. Not up to either Gaylord or Marriott standards. It has all the look and feel of a 60's or 70's highway motel. Our room was noisy, particularly after they surrounded us with students traveling to an FHA convention. Can you say party central. We asked to be moved and thankfully were. New room had a door that did not shut properly and which rattled every time someone walked by. No TV remote so we called front desk. And called. And called. It took almost 2 hours to get one by which time we were too tired to watch. Rooms are dark and dismal. Windows open to an interior enclosed courtyard. No sunlight every touched these rooms. Very disappointed that this has a Gaylord or Marriott connection. It should be shut down and remodeled or just shut down. They run a shuttle bus to the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and the Opryland Mall. Those of us riding on the bus joked about heading back to the gulag or having to go to the other side of the tracks (or worse). It is close to Opryland and the highway and there is the shuttle bus but if you are used to the Gaylord or Marriott, then be careful how you book. Avoid this dismal excuse for a Gaylord or a Marriott. In fact, Marriott should not even offer this as an option if you are booking using their site.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple