1,301 results
All reviews backstage grill grand ole opry cracker barrel free shuttle on site restaurant atrium area live music general jackson shuttle service the room was nice downtown nashville starbucks interstate broadway
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Used a free night reward on our way back from FL vacation. Glad I didn't pay the normal rate. I have to assume they put me in the cheapest room facing the outside. Room was very very small. Hard to close bathroom door or even take a shower. Seemed dirtier than the Marriott quality. Not even Kleenex in room

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights, for $440. Compared to the Hampton Inn, this place was old and worn. I would not stay here again. Right up front I didn't like the way the hotel charged my card for $75. Said it was for 'incidentals' like movies, etc.. (Days later, I'm still waiting for my credit card reversal}.
The furniture was skimpy and old. There was no refrigerator. There were no comforters on the beds and they look like sheets only (though, they were sufficient, since the AC was below average). I thought the reception staff was kind of 'in your face' during the few times I interacted with them. There was no continental breakfast offered. On top of everything, the house maid did not clean up our room on the second night!

The best I can say about the room was that the shower had great water pressure, which in turn made the massager work excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love cats...cat urine not so much, and for $200/night I would expect to find a room that doesn't reek so bad it's hard to breathe in. I suspect it's not actually cat urine but rather mildew, and I wouldn't be surprised if all the exterior rooms of this hotel/motel were flooded during the 2010 floods that destroyed the Grand Ole Opry which is just across the highway. I started out in room 2066 which is an exterior room whose door faces the parking lot. The smell hit me as soon as I walked in, so I immediately called the front desk and requested a room change. A very friendly hotel manager came to take me to my new room, 2121, which was also an exterior room whose door faced the parking lot and McGavock Pike. That room smelled just as terrible, but the hotel manager was unable to move me again so instead she gave me some industrial strength air fresheners (which tells me this is a known issue that the property has been unable or unwilling to resolve). Even after spraying air fresheners and kicking up the air conditioning, every time I left and re-entered the room that musty order greeted me like a kick to the gut. An odor that strong in the hospitality industry is completely unacceptable, but that wasn't the only deal breaker. The walls of both my rooms were paper thin, and because they face both the parking lot and a busy highway, the noise was impossible to sleep through. It didn't help that a huge shuttle bus has a regular stop just outside room 2121.

If you have to stay at this motel/hotel, request an interior room. The atrium overlooking the Starbucks cafe is very nice, and it's possible those rooms didn't flood since their doors don't face the outside. Noise is probably less of an issue as well. The hotel is conveniently located to the Grand Ole Opry and the Gaylord Hotel & Convention Center, but if your goal is to be near either of those, I'd spend a bit more to stay at the much nicer Gaylord Hotel.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at this motel/hotel, request an interior room whose door doesn't face the outside. The atrium overlooking the Starbucks lounge is very nice, and it's possible those rooms didn't flood since their doors don't face the outside. Noise is probably less of an issue as well.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
BNAGIINN, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at The Inn at Opryland. The room conditions you have described are certainly not our standard and we apologize for this. Your feedback is not taken lightly and has been passed along to our management team. We hope that you will consider The Inn at Opryland during your return to the Nashville area, as we look forward to providing you with an experience more in-line with our aim at flawless.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for CMA fest 2014. We got there early, the staff gladly held our luggage and told me they would give me a call as soon as the room was ready. No one called. When we finally got into the room it looked clean however when we went to get in bed that night we realized we were wrong. The comforter on one of the beds looked like it hadn't been washed in weeks. We threw it in the floor with a note that said wash me, we received a new cleaner comforter the next day. We left notes for extra towels and always received them. When I went to use the wifi it told me I had only 24 hours of wifi available. That aggravated me as cell service at the hotel was terrible. The staff was friendly and some what helpful when we had a question. Our room didn't have a window which I think was the worst part. The shuttles ordered for CMA fest were great and ran very smoothly. Overall, the hotel wasn't bad and I would stay there again if necessary. However, if I'm going back for CMA fest I'll stay closer downtown to avoid having to use the shuttles.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a windows
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krysta B
BNAGIINN, General Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Our staff works diligently to ensure a high-level of cleanliness in our resort, guest rooms and hotel grounds. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to guarantee each guest has a flawless stay. We were pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and that the shuttles ran smoothly for your CMA festival experience. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I went with a friend to go shopping. We booked this hotel and after reading previous reviews I was a little afraid of what I might find. But overall it was a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying near Nashville. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was decent size. The hotel was very clean. The beds are the Sleep Number beds and were slightly uncomfortable. It was difficult to adjust because of the controls were used to much, but wouldn't deter me from staying there in the future. It's very close to Opry Mills and convention center, and also close to downtown Nashville.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Jennifer, Please accept our sincerest thanks for this great review! We are grateful you selected The Inn at Opryland to stay during your recent shopping trip to Nashville. We apologize for the difficulties you had with the sleep number remote, we offer different bed types and empower our front desk agents to offer room changes for guests when available. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience.