1,305 results
All reviews backstage grill grand ole opry cracker barrel free shuttle on site restaurant atrium area live music general jackson shuttle service the room was nice downtown nashville starbucks interstate broadway
Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you are attending a conference or convention at Gaylord and not planning on spending much time in your hotel room this is a more affordable option. Rooms are clean but dated. Bathroom is super small, a tall person would have a hard time in the shower. TV was grainy. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Shuttles are available to main property and other locations. Best feature of this hotel is that there are several restaurants across the street so you aren't stuck eating "on property" like at the main Gaylord hotel. There is also a nice restaurant in the hotel with live music. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank itraveltheworld2013
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just attended a convention at Gaylord Opryland, couldnt get a room there, stayed at this hotel
Check in was fine, front desk staff, polite, helpful however the first room we were given had such a horrible odor, it was intolerable. Went to the front desk and immediately got another room, which was much better.
Backstage @ Opryland Restaurant good, but closes way too early, 10 pm daily and 11 pm on Friday and Saturday seems very early for the summer

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
BNAGIINN, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Our staff works diligently to ensure a high-level of cleanliness in our resort, guest rooms and hotel grounds, therefore I apologize for the odor you experience in your room. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to guarantee each guest has a flawless stay. We were pleased to hear that you found our staff polite and helpful and that you enjoyed our in house restaurant, The Opry Backstage Grill. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Used a free night reward on our way back from FL vacation. Glad I didn't pay the normal rate. I have to assume they put me in the cheapest room facing the outside. Room was very very small. Hard to close bathroom door or even take a shower. Seemed dirtier than the Marriott quality. Not even Kleenex in room

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights, for $440. Compared to the Hampton Inn, this place was old and worn. I would not stay here again. Right up front I didn't like the way the hotel charged my card for $75. Said it was for 'incidentals' like movies, etc.. (Days later, I'm still waiting for my credit card reversal}.
The furniture was skimpy and old. There was no refrigerator. There were no comforters on the beds and they look like sheets only (though, they were sufficient, since the AC was below average). I thought the reception staff was kind of 'in your face' during the few times I interacted with them. There was no continental breakfast offered. On top of everything, the house maid did not clean up our room on the second night!

The best I can say about the room was that the shower had great water pressure, which in turn made the massager work excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love cats...cat urine not so much, and for $200/night I would expect to find a room that doesn't reek so bad it's hard to breathe in. I suspect it's not actually cat urine but rather mildew, and I wouldn't be surprised if all the exterior rooms of this hotel/motel were flooded during the 2010 floods that destroyed the Grand Ole Opry which is just across the highway. I started out in room 2066 which is an exterior room whose door faces the parking lot. The smell hit me as soon as I walked in, so I immediately called the front desk and requested a room change. A very friendly hotel manager came to take me to my new room, 2121, which was also an exterior room whose door faced the parking lot and McGavock Pike. That room smelled just as terrible, but the hotel manager was unable to move me again so instead she gave me some industrial strength air fresheners (which tells me this is a known issue that the property has been unable or unwilling to resolve). Even after spraying air fresheners and kicking up the air conditioning, every time I left and re-entered the room that musty order greeted me like a kick to the gut. An odor that strong in the hospitality industry is completely unacceptable, but that wasn't the only deal breaker. The walls of both my rooms were paper thin, and because they face both the parking lot and a busy highway, the noise was impossible to sleep through. It didn't help that a huge shuttle bus has a regular stop just outside room 2121.

If you have to stay at this motel/hotel, request an interior room. The atrium overlooking the Starbucks cafe is very nice, and it's possible those rooms didn't flood since their doors don't face the outside. Noise is probably less of an issue as well. The hotel is conveniently located to the Grand Ole Opry and the Gaylord Hotel & Convention Center, but if your goal is to be near either of those, I'd spend a bit more to stay at the much nicer Gaylord Hotel.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at this motel/hotel, request an interior room whose door doesn't face the outside. The atrium overlooking the Starbucks lounge is very nice, and it's possible those rooms didn't flood since their doors don't face the outside. Noise is probably less of an issue as well.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
BNAGIINN, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at The Inn at Opryland. The room conditions you have described are certainly not our standard and we apologize for this. Your feedback is not taken lightly and has been passed along to our management team. We hope that you will consider The Inn at Opryland during your return to the Nashville area, as we look forward to providing you with an experience more in-line with our aim at flawless.