We stayed four nights in an "exterior" room at this hotel. The building is an older "motel" which has been remodeled and is very attractive on the inside. The rooms are very clean. The food in the restaurant is surprisingly delicious. The problems include those cited by earlier reviewers --
1. The hotel is extremely noisy. I was awakened daily at 5:00 or 5:30AM by the passing buses, cars and motorcycles on the freeway which was right outside our single paned window. It literally sounded like there was no glass in the window. I travel A LOT and I have never stayed anywhere that is as noisy as this was. We were there for a convention and all the other conventioneers no matter where their rooms were located reported the same problems.
2. The bathroom is the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel. You literally must squeeze back between the toilet and the tub to get the door to close. The door brushes the tub and the front of the toilet. Someone that is overweight would not be able to fit in or to close the door!
3. The toilet paper is the thinnest, cheapest and worst quality I have ever seen anywhere. They must have to send away special to get toilet paper this bad. It is almost impossible to use even when folded and bunched many times. It literally shreds while coming off the roll.
4. Housekeeping was friendly and nice and did a great job. Unfortunately, they are sorely understaffed and did not get to our room until 6:00PM each day. That meant that we spent the day in a dirty, messy room or had to tidy the room ourselves. Neither is the service I was paying for.
The hotel is in a nice location and not too far from downtown. The staff is friendly but from the front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant they are sorely understaffed. The interiors have been updated nicely but the exterior is very dated. There is no breakfast available on property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our ideal location on Music Valley Drive next to Gaylord Opryland Resort and the Grand Ole Opry allows easy access to Nashville's world-famous attractions. We are also close to one of Nashville's premier shopping and entertainment complexes, Opry Mills Mall. Our Nashville hotel welcomes guests with warm hospitality and modern amenities in a vibrant, music-inspired atmosphere, making our hotel perfect for vacations, events and meetings alike. On-site conveniences include restaurants serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner; our large indoor pool; a newly renovated fitness center; plus 15,000 square feet of stylish meeting and event space. Come experience all Nashville has to offer from one of its most hospitable locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Hotel Nashville
- Radisson At Opryland
- Radisson Nashville
- Nashville Radisson