“Good food good atmosphere”

Opry Backstage Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Opry Backstage Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 2,039 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The show that made country music famous is now making its mark on Southern cuisine in a new Nashville restaurant as uniquely entertaining as the Grand Ole Opry itself. Visit for lunch or dinner, or come by after the show for dessert.
“Good food good atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Was in Nashville for two days was recommended to this restaurant
We went at first I was not sure the entrance is kind of odd but then I realize it's backstage it's meant to look like you're going backstage.
Our waitress was very good or service was very good.
I had the barbecue meatloaf with French fried onions on top
I recommend it was great I have eaten a lot of places in my time
If you go after 8 o'clock they have live music the waiters also sing
They also have the Opry highlights playing on TVs everywhere
Plus they have lots of Opry memorabilia hanging everywhere
The place is a lot of fun and I recommended for families
Next time in Nashville I'll go back!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Visited there ONE time”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I live in this area.
I went their ONE TIME to take a friend for her birthday. The food was over-priced. The service was below average. They are located far away from the actual Opry.... so I do not understand their name as "Opry Backstage" Grill.
The food is good.... but small portions...so don't come hungry. The food reminded me of "hotel food".
The place is VERY CLEAN - which is good. But it does not make up for the over priced food and average service,

Visited August 2014
Blacksburg, Virginia
“great food, good service, pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The restaurant is located across from the Opryland resort but attracts more than tourists, a good part of the patrons were local the evening we went. It's much better than the usual hotel restaurant. We were seated and promptly served by a friendly, attentive waiter who doubles as a singer on the small stage in one corner of the room. The room itself is wide, with dividers so that it's not too noisy, and a bar area that serves local beers on tap. There's a bunch of Grand Ole Opry memorabilia on the walls and large TV screens displaying past Grand Ole Opry shows. Alternatively some performers may play live music.
The menu offers gluten free and a few vegetarian items. We first had the appetizer sampler, with wings, fried green tomatoes, pimento cheese, deviled eggs and BBQ sliders, and everything here was delicious. We next had the BBQ sampler with pulled pork, brisker and ribs, each of us being entitled to 2 sides with it. BBQ is actually made in the parking lot in a large smoker, and it's one of the best I ever had. The meat is tender and tasty, never dry. The portions are huge, but my husband managed to squeeze in a slice of pecan pie and it was, as described on the menu, piled high up with pecans and meringue and can only be described as a killer. All the food and drinks are very reasonably priced for the quality and amount of food. All in all, a great experience in a pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited August 2014
Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Located directly across from the Opryland Hotel among other touristy type places, but once inside we were pleasantly surprised by the great food and awesome service, kid-friendly menu, reasonable prices, and pleasant atmosphere.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Atlantis104
South Hill VA
“Very nice atmosphere with good food”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Glad we added this place to our list. Big screen TV's showing videos of the Grand Old Opry added to back stage feel. Even the waitress sang a couple of songs.

Visited July 2014