“Best Red Roof inn”

Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City
Ranked #98 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Price was good. Close to everything. Very clean Manager and staff was amazing. We forgot our pillow after checkout and the held it for us to
Come back and pick up Dogs stay free. I highly recommend, and will stay there next time in Nashville

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank beachsunnybeach
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The staff was as friendly as could be expected given the working conditions. The hotel is generally unclean, dimly lit and in serious need of renovation or destruction. We reserved 2 rooms weeks in advance and we given rooms on separate floors - inconvenient and poor planning. The rooms we marginally clean to not clean at all. Bathroom linens were stained and very few were provided and those that were - were quite small. No linens were provided for the sofa beds and one room had no bathroom linens upon check-in. When we requested them, we were told there were none available at that time. We had to inquire again about the sofa bed linens. Upon that request, we were given a stack of pillow cases. When we returned the pillow cases we received only 2 sheets. The Wifi was working intermittently...the pool was only modestly maintained and the chemicals were likely out of balance. Our rooms were not made up during our stay in spite of our absence from our rooms for 12-14 hours and the dining area was dark and dirty. My understanding is this is a privately owned hotel with the Red Roof Inn name on it - I would recommend that Red Roof remove their name as soon as is practical. I would not under any circumstances recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Yes I would stay here again and I am picky. This is a budget priced hotel. I am only comparing this hotel to similarly priced budge hotels.
Room size - small
Beds - modern mattress - not hard - not soft
if 2 beds in a room then the beds are small full-size
Pillows - 3 very small pillows for each bed
Linen - clean but they reuse blankets
Smells - smelled slightly stuffy. No sinus problems this stay.
Bugs - non visible, no bites
Work area - small table - no work chair, only a side chair like for a doctor's office waiting room
Bathroom - tiny corner bathroom, large crack in mirror, door very old with many dings along the edges, counter very small and looks homemade. tiles look new but badly remodeled.
Sound - can hear other conversations if the people are loud but not TVs. If room has an adjoining door, then may hear more words but mostly muffled unless a parents becomes loud with a child or hard-of-hearing person. Also can hear through bathroom vent.
TV - flat screen, worked well with a variety of channels
Ventilation - old fashioned, loud, was either on or off without a number setting but was sufficiently cool in the heat.
Refrigerator - dorm sized refrigerator had a freezer (microwave was in the downstairs lobby)
Towels - 2 small full sized thin towels (no holes), 1 hand towel, 2 face towels
Coffee maker - makes one cup of coffee, coffee and supplies sufficient for 2 cups of coffee or
2 bags of tea.
Furnishings - updated, newer paint and carpet, but cheap.
Cleanliness of room - as clean as an expensive hotel.
Supplies - soap, shampoo and conditioner for one person. sample of deodorant.
Price - good for what you get, negotiate for a lower rate and you will be happier with what you get. If you pay full price, you may be disappointed. Negotiate directly with hotel or online 3rd party site. Do not look online then try to negotiate for the online price. They know those games already.
Parking - free. People outside seem like regular guests
Pool - appeared clean. Families with kids seemed to like the pool. Only open certain times of the year so call to ask if its open.
Outside grounds - clean, no trash. Staff cleaned inside and outside during the day.
Inside common areas - dirty at night. Clean during the day.
Elevators - 2 elevators, both very dirty and damaged over time through wear and tear.
Breakfast - Only hot part was waffles. A Microwave was in lobby. Coffee was actually okay. Other foods such as yogurt and milk are available upon request. There may have been fruit and cold eggs available upon request but I did not request any. For people who need high protein breakfast, bring your own or go to nearby breakfast restaurant. If you come during a time of social events in the city, this hotel could become very noisy. My stay was quiet and peaceful.
Staff - not overly friendly but if you speak kindly to them they are pleasant and professional. If you have a problem, tell them and give them a chance to help you.
Location: Is it safe? I do not know. Several of our group rented rooms and we had no problems with guests, visitors, or theft. Yes this is in a historically African American part of town but not a bad part of town.

The rest of the story:
The rumor is that at one time this was a Hampton Inn. Many retired African American professionals live in beautiful old and well-manicured homes a short drive from this hotel so "Don't judge a book by its cover" is the rule in this part of Nashville. The hotel is a short drive to downtown and a reasonable drive to the airport. Prior to this visit I was hesitant to stay in this hotel particularly because of people I saw outside of hotels nearby. This visit proved that affordable hotels are available in Nashville, and that they can be clean and neat in this part of Nashville. All types of ethnicity were represented among the guest and every got along with one another.

Room Tip: As to see the room first. If you plan to get more than one room....see all the rooms first.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I was in Nashville for the CMA fest June 6-10th. My friends were in charge of booking the hotel room. When they told me we were staying at the Red Roof Inn, I was very hesitant. I became even more leery when reading the other reviews that were listed. However, when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised.

-The staff was incredibly friendly. However, I was not pleased when the lady behind the desk had to ask me to wait because the district manager or what not was on the phone and refused to be put on hold. The clerk tried to put her on hold multiple times but I could hear her yelling from where I was standing. Customers should come before yelling at the staff over prices of the hotel rooms.

-The bedding was not what I was expecting. The reviews that I read all talked about stained bedding and nasty sheets. They scared me so bad that I brought my own. They were not needed. The sheets we had looked like there were new. Although, the pillows they provide are very tiny.

-The TV's have been updated to the flat screen.

-The beds were comfortable.

-The staff were all really kind. The manager even drove us to the local dinner in his own car so that we wouldn't have to get a cab.

-We didn't have issues getting towels.

-My only complain is that house keeping came at 8:30 in the morning. Make sure you have your do not disturb sign out or they make come knocking early.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Lets just say I was hesitant about this place when I couldn't locate any pictures on the chains website. We walked in asked to see the room before checking in- did a onceover- then walked out. The overwhelming musty odor coming from the room as we opened the door was the first red flag. Then we moved on to the sight of the room and the outdated furniture, bedding, snagged rug, grungy bathroom and overall appearance made s pull out our handy phones and start searching for a new place. I DO NOT RECCOMEND STAYING HERE unless you like to absolutely have to. By comparison it does look better than the two places next door- one of which dries bed sheets on the railing.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Em B
Reviewed 25 April 2013

All the real nice places are downtown and cost a lot of money. This place was about $70 per a night with a free breakfast. I was told by the front desk that this hotel was not in the ghetto, but stopping at the Tiger Mart across the street after dark will make one feel otherwise. This is a hotel that people use for cheap prices too party in downtown Nashville. When I checked in they told me the room had been cleaned and that was not the case. The only thing that saved this hotel was the one guy who worked front desk and breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank forrill04
Reviewed 22 April 2013

To begin with, this is not the best area of Nashville to stay in. It is a little under 5 miles to the heart of downtown though. It's fairly cheep too, although probably the highest in the area. We paid $79 for two double beds. Days Inn and Econo Lodge were around $40-$50 but trust me once you see them and the other hotels in this area, you'll pick the Red Roof Inn! The rooms were also inside the building not on the outside which made us like it better. We stayed here and took a taxi to downtown so we could party and not have the worries of being too drunk to drive. We were only in the room from about 1 in the morning until about 7 so it worked for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends