“3 rd floor has had water leak for years, mold mildew ?”

Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City
Ranked #102 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here in November 2013, the mold and mildew buildup was unbearable, was coughing a lot while I was here. They have a homeless person stay in the lobby during the night. Found staff at front desk, incredibly not able to smile or even be somewhat nice to people checking in. Would not go here ever again. The bathroom, needs caulking, that is just basic house keeping, The lady and gentleman that cleaned the rooms were super nice. Actually they should work the front desk rather than who all they have now. Whenever I am back in Nashville, this is where I WILL NOT stay. Would rather sleep in the truck. Hope this is help full.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel not this one.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank TravellerCda1

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The hotel itself is sufficient, comfortable beds, nice tv, etc. but the fact that we were awakened at 3am to the building shaking from the music (re: LOUD bass) of a car parked in the lot below ruined it for us. My wife called the front desk and the car left within minutes. Then about 10 minutes later a small group was outside the entrance talking very loudly. Again, another call to the front desk and it eventually dissipated. The front desk should have dealt with this without the phone calls, it was very obvious!

Room Tip: Get a room not overlooking the parking lot...too much noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KP1935
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is nothing special, although it could be considered a gem in comparison to the sketchy motels that surround it. the lobby is nice and the bedroom part of our room was updated and attractive. The beds were very comfortable, especially for a low-end hotel. The bathroom was outdated and there was mildew around the tub area. the room and bathroom looked clean, buy still gave me a very unclean feeling. Rarely do I worry about walking barefoot in a hotel room, but I felt I had to wear shoes when walking around the room and would not let my feet touch the floor in the bathroom. There were black curly hairs on a couple of the pillows. Although my friend and I never felt unsafe, there was a homeless man sleeping on one of the lobby chairs one night and the second night, there was a very strange guest who was trying to lure us into his room to see his dogs. My friend and I were in town over Veterans Day weekend and were looking for an affordable alternative to the high priced downtown hotels. I love Hotel Preston, but was unable to get a good deal there this time. This hotel is not in a very nice area, but did the job. Taxi ride downtown was around $17. I would probably not return here, unless I was destitute, nor would I recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank SunBum09
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof to attend a Titans/Colts Thursday night football game. I wanted to stay within walking distance or a short cab ride to the downtown area. The Red Roof Inn was an $8 cab ride to downtown and $13 back to the hotel (?). Well worth the price considering the cost of the downtown hotels.

The hotel doesn't appear to be in the best part of town, but we didn't have any problems and the parking lot was well lighted. We had a slight glitch at check-in that may have been due to making our reservations with an on-line travel site, but it was taken care of in a timely manner. The hotel appears to be in the process of being updated. Our room was clean and comfortable and the room was large for a hotel room. But this made it appear to be sparsely furnished with a large empty area that would have been nice to have a chair or something to sit on other than the bed. The bathroom only had two bars of hotel size soap and no shampoo, we also had to ask for hand towels at the front desk. The hallway leading to our room had one room the was lacking hardware on the door and another that looked like the door may have been kicked in at one time or another. Since we stayed out late to celebrate the Colt's victory we didn't get up in time for the complimentary breakfast.

For the cost and the location of this Red Roof Inn I will stay here again when I'm in town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DonaldJJJ
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Paid $150 for 2 nights when the other places wanted even more for 1 night. Everything was great - check-in, breakfast, room, etc. You can tell it is older hotel but they are renovating - flat screen tv was in every room. Accessibility for person in wheelchair was a problem but manager promised to make things right by the time I make my next visit to Nashville. Overall, it as a great deal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie W
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Pull off the highway for this one! Exceptional value. Very clean. Some cosmetic flaws, but you can tell you are currently updating. A nice alternative to paying well over 200$ to stay downtown. This is extremely reasonable. .. And only a 13$ cab fare each way to downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Jackie C
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Came in town for a funeral and all of the hotels were book up. I start checking for hotels around Tuesday and it was even booked then. The decent ones were either sold out or double and triple the price. I was not going to pay $200-$300 a night for a 2 or 3 star hotel. We came in early Saturday morning drove around, there was one hotel available but had outside rooms. We drove up the street and saw the Red Roof (hotel rooms inside).
Steve was at the front desk and only had a smoking room available. Since I don't smoke he allowed me to check the room to see if it wasn't to bad for me. Since we were tired, driving from Dallas and the room was ok I told Steve I would take it. He gave me the best rate ever and made sure that my needs were accommodated. We end up staying for 2 nights. The room was just ok (nothing to brag about) but Steve customer was A1! For that I told him I would make sure I leave a good review. Thanks Steve

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family