“Dirty, Not worth the money”

Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City
Ranked #92 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago
“Dirty, Not worth the money”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way moving from Michigan to Texas. I chose this hotel because I had my 2 cats with me and pets stay free. They had made a small attempt to update the rooms. Paint, art and bedding. The sprinkler was still completely covered in tape from the paint job. The carpet looked and felt gross though. The room description included a mini fridge but there was none. The bathroom was moldy and dirty. The shower fillled up with water before I was done and didnt drain in time for my boyfriend to be able to shower. The sink was completely enclosed under it except for a small hole where my cats chose to hide. I had no way to be able to get them out. Finally they came out to eat amd it must have been cat heaven laced with catnip because they spent all night crying to get back in there. No sleep. The breakfast consisted of a waffle or bagels, no toppings. I would not recommend staying here at all.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Shawna S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My daughter was heading north through Nashville and called and asked me to find her a hotel for the night. Using Google Maps, I found this Red Rood Inn that looked pretty good. However, that turned out to be a big mistake. The room was full of fleas. The next morning, she had red bite marks all over her. Not just a few bites; she was covered. There is no way that housekeeping should have missed this problem. They rightfully did not charge her for the room, but this was awful. I felt horrible having selected this hotel for my daughter.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Roderick B

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is located outside of Nashville with about a 7-10 minute drive to the downtown area. The hotel was okay at best the rooms were dirty from my experience hair and finger nails by the bed as well as hair in the bathroom drain. The room was decently sized but seemed cluttered somehow. At night it seems a bit creepy from the outside but we didn't have any issues.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trevor O
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Yes, this property isn't "walking distance to a starbucks" it's also not a Hilton!
This Red Roof is clean with a rather large pool, a very tasty breakfast, literally a 7 minute drive anywhere! i.e, downtown, green hills, opry mills, the bed was very comfy and the staff friendly

Room Tip: rooms on high floors are farther away from the breakfast room/pool so may be quieter, we were on the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Hello Ms Hamilton
I am writing this email to inform you of a disturbing situation that I had at your hotel on brick church pike.  My company is doing an IT project in this area. My supervisor made a reservation for me for today and tomorrow at this hotel.  I called at 1130 this morning and spoke with Chelsea . I asked if I could check in early because I needed to prepare for my projects.  She put me on hold and returned saying that I could check in early at noon.  Relieved I drove to the hotel.  Once I arrived and spoke to Chelsea reminding her of our conversation,  she quickly back pedaled and said there were no rooms available until three o'clock this afternoon.  A major inconvenience as I had other hotel choices that had no issues with me checking in early.  I know that it is subject to room availability,  but she checked when I called and said no problem until I arrived.  Not sure what the problem was when I showed up but very poor customer service and maybe other issues . Not sure if this issue will be resolved, but I informed my supervisor,  who now is extremely upset.  I hope that this issue will be addressed as my supervisor wants to escalate this issue. Thanks for taking the time to read this email.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had multiple problems in this visit. I'm a person that is easy to get along with, & I can forgive nearly anything--if you're nice & fix it & apologize--I never received a single apology for the broken air conditioner, dirty pool, shower curtain that didn't close, wifi that was down, etc. Had so many problems there isn't even room enough to list them here. The breakfast does not have a lot of options. One afternoon we came back to our room and the staff had made the bed & it looked as if they had then taken a break on it and layed on the bed. I also noticed that the shower had not been cleaned b/c when I went to take a shower that night my sister's hair was still in the shower drain from her shower that morning.
The only real positive thing that I can say here is that the location is decent enough to the interstate and it made it convenient to the locations where we visited. However, I will not stay at another Red Roof again. It was a good value for the money, but the way we were treated was not good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I can not tell in 200 characters how I was treated after traveling over 13 hours in a car. I left my cell number for the property manager to call me...she never did. I completed a survey I received from Red Roof Inn per email with no response either. I have stayed at 5 Red Roof Inns on this trip and will probably never use them again.

Stayed July 2014