“Great staff”

Ranked #12 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Evansville, Indiana
“Great staff”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We were pleased with our weekend stay. We had a king suite, nice big rooms and very clean. Pool was nice, so were the freebies but I would not have paid for them outright. However those type of things are what made us feel at home, great for the price. On the con side, elevator was terrible slow, the decor was very up to standards, but the upholstery needs some work. It can be alittle noisy! Nothing against animals but it does take you back alittle when an elevator door opens and there sits this big dog.

1 Thank bonba52

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 April 2012

When we checked in and got a room on the 6th floor, I was worried because that is a smoking floor. The person at check-in suggested going down to the far elevator to get to our room, which meant more walking since we had to double back to get to our room. Now I know the reason for that is that the 6th floor is about 1/3 smoking and 2/3 non smoking. But the main elevator lets off at the smoking side of the floor. We decided to use the main elevator the rest of our stay. We were shocked to see a redneck girl smoking a cigarette while sitting on the threshold of her hotel room door with the door wide open. Isn't that just like a smoker? Smoke was all over the hallway. First of all, in this day and age, Drury should be a non-smoking chain. I mean come on. But if they are going to allow smoking, they should tell guests that it must be done in their rooms with the door closed. Also, floors should be either all smoking or all non smoking. Our room was not bad, but you could definitely tell we were on a smoking floor.

Other than that, typical Drury stay. Excellent.

Room Tip: Avoid 6th floor if you are a non smoker.
2 Thank BillVol
Estes Park, CO
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our experience at the Drury Inn began at check-in. There were two other families checking in at the same time. The desk is immediately to the right of the front door. The person at the head of the line was being checked in at the far right side of the desk, making the line to check-in form---outside the front door! Really? I peek ed around the corner. There were two other people at the front desk, looking down, at something with their full attention. No eye contact; no comment. Eventually that person moved on and we got to come into the building while we waited. Why not check people in at the left end of the desk, allowing the line to form inside the building?

Our room was beautiful. We were in suite 501, a king suite with a separate living room. The drawers were all open on arrival, perhaps to demonstrate that they were clean and empty. A little different, but okay. The room was really clean. I went looking for dirt and could not find any. Kudos to housekeeping.

We tried the 5:30 Kickback. Again I was surprised at the ergonomics. One gets in line on the far right and picks up one's plastic dinnerware and snakes slowly down the line. THen at the far left, one gets into a separate line to get one's beverage. Why cannot the server serve people at the end of the food line instead of having then stand in another line to get a beverage? Maybe because people are getting refills on their beverages and don't want to stand in a twenty person line to get another drink.

Lines were the theme our our stay. There were at least 3 tour buses of people who all ate and drank in synchrony. Thus long, long lines to get anything. For breakfast, 20 people in line for the breakfast. Then a separate coffee line in another part of the room. AT breakfast, when at last we got food, there was difficulty getting a table at which to eat. Really crowded. Every day (we spent 3 nights). Very few families. We only saw 2-3 kids the whole weekend. And only one elevator. Long waits for an elevator. We were on the 5th floor and took the stairs down, but did not want to climb up. Never rode an elevator by myself.

Used the exercise room daily. Again very clean. Good variety of cardio machines (and no lines!). Big screen TV. THe first day, the container of sanitizer wipes was empty. And one of the two remote controls had a dead battery. A housekeeper named Aurora came in to empty trash. I told her about the empty container and the dead battery. She had both situations corrected within 5 minutes. No attitude or "that's not my job". Kudos to Aurora.

The bed was my biggest disappointment. It is old and saggy. "U" shaped. My husband and I both rolled to the middle of the bed during the night. I tried to roll back uphill to my edge, but it was hard with his weight in the middle of the bed to get back to the edge. Finally found that the 8 to 10 inches along the edge were firm. So I tried to stay on the edge. But a backache woke me up each day and propelled me out of the bed. Backache improved with 15 mintues out of the bed. I have looked at prior reviews and no one mentioned saggy beds. So perhaps I am the canary in the mine, warning the manager that the beds need to be replaced. I spoke with the manager about the problem, and he had a maintenace person flip the mattress. No improvement. Suite 501 needs a new mattress. Trust me before others begin to complain.

WE did not find the brekfast experience tolerable. We tried it the first day. The eggs were entirely flavorless, even after we added the ham crumbles and the cheese. By the time we got a table to sit at, the food was cold. The jelly had separated into liquid and solid. Very industrial food. After the first day, we went to the Shoney's across the street where for $5 a person we had hot eggs, bacon, toast, potatoes, pancakes and coffee with table service. Their coffee was worse than the hotel's, so I took coffee from the hotel with me to drink at Shoney's. But the breakfast food and experience was better.

Overall, would I stay again? I don't know. The downtown hotels are all very expensive and then charge for parking and internet. Same for the hotels near Vanderbilt. Other airport hotels are older and have not been renovated. So choices in the mid-range are limited. Drury Inn may be the best of the bunch, but there is still room for improvement or for a newcomer.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you concerns with your arrival as well as the service of our 5:30 Kickback and our breakfast service. Unfortunately the crowds can seem very daunting, however we make every effort ensure every guest gets to enjoy this amenity, with the multiple stations it prevents one line for every item. There is always a manager present to help direct the flow of traffic, and assist guests with anything else they may need. We appreciate your business and do hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your travel needs.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Drury Hotel! Nice friendly staff. Free food free Internet, free long distance. This is a great location. Just a few from Opry land area. This location is safe and clean. Your not going to go wrong staying here!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Charlies1600
Dowling Ontario Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2012

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean hotel where the staff is wonderful and the atmosphere is welcoming then the Drury Inn Nashville is for you. I can't thank them enough for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reidville
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed at Drury Inn on my way to Texas and back. I enjoyed this hotel so much. My rooms were always very clean and comfortable. I was traveling alone and with my little dog. I always felt safe in my room and when I took her out for her walk. Spacious walking room for her. It was quiet hardly any noise, none at night. Breakfast was great! The staff especially desk clerks, Mike and Theresa were very friendly and helpful. Theresa was able to help me with a problem with another desk clerk and the outcome was very favorable. She went out of her way to make sure I was happy and that I would come back and stay with Drury Inn again. I most definetly will plan my next stop at this Drury Inn. Great place!!!

Room Tip: Enjoyed my room on third floor much better than one on fifth floor. A/C worked better and bed more c...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We recently spent 5 nights at this Drury Inn. It was our 1st time staying at a Drury and we are now hooked. The room was very clean and spacious. We hardly ever heard any outside noise and we were right by the elevator.

The breakfast was wonderful and so was the kickback each evening. The manager Tim, was the best manager we have ever seen. We have traveled a lot and never have we seen a manager as involved helping, cleaning up and interacting with the customers. That made a huge impression on us.

The pool was GREAT! Our children were in it everyday and our daughter actually learned how to swim without her floaties here. The option of being indoor or outdoor is a wonderful feature!

We have family all around the area so we will make a point to make this our hotel of choice from now on when visiting Nashville!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family