We chose this Nashville hotel pretty much as a result of the reviews on TripAdvisor. We were very pleased with the rates, which were half of downtown hotels. The Drury Inn and Suites provides many extras as part of your room rate that the downtown hotels add on. Those ad ons could add as much as $50 at downtown hotels for amenities such as parking, wi-fi, newspapers, fitness/pool, and breakfast. At Drury every guest receives these benefits and more.
At Drury you can start each morning with a breakfast with selections that include hot and cold cereals, juices, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, make your own waffles, rolls/bagels. Every evening from 5:30 to 7:00, each adult guest can partake of a limited number of adult beverages, and all guests can feed themselves from a buffet table of hot dogs, chili, chicken fingers, Mac and cheese, baked potato, chips, coffee and soft drinks. You also can enjoy unlimited trips to dispensed soft drinks and freshly made popcorn.
For families, kids stay free in their parent's room. Also, parking is free in a secured lot, which could cost you $15 to $25 in downtown lots. The hotel is very close to the airport and major highways. The price of a round trip cab ride to honky-tonks is just a couple of dollars more than paying for parking, without the safety concerns of drinking and driving.
We spent 7 nights at the Drury and found all of the staff, including the desk clerks, management, maintenance/cleaning and the food service staff very pleasant and competent. On several occasions we were provided with a greater level of service then we expected. We found our room, bedding, towels and general areas neat and clean. It's also a 100% smoke free facility.
Though we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, there are a few CONS:
1. It's a family hotel so expect a lot of kids. If you're an adult and thinking of enjoying the heated pool and whirl pool, forget it. The kids own it all hours and really, do you really want to trust that the chlorine is working?
2. If it's feeding time and the parents were successful in getting the little darlings out of the pool, expect delays in the buffet line and the soda dispenser. And beware of the wet spots on the floors and inside the elevators from their not quite dry feet and swimming suits.
3. The hotel has 6 floors and ONLY 2 elevators that can be very slow due to increased usage in the mornings during breakfast and check-outs. Expect delays.
4. If possible get a room above the 3 floor if you expect to sleep in. (This I learned from conversations with other guests.). The desk, lobby, and eating areas are beneath an atrium design reaching the 3rd floor. The noise channeled upwards when the area is crowded with many talking people is disturbing.
Given all this, I highly recommend the Drury Inn and Suites in Nashville. The airport noise didn't bother us and we easily were able to drive throughout the area quite easily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at I-40 and Donelson Pike, the Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport is less than one mile away from Nashville International Airport and less than 10 miles away from downtown Nashville. Relax in our clean, comfortable rooms and enjoy free hot breakfast and 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. Experience "Music City" with Drury Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Hotel Nashville
- Drury Inn And Suites Nashville Airport
- Drury Inn Nashville
- Nashville Drury Inn
- Drury Nashville