“Would Recomend”

Ranked #12 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Would Recomend”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We only stayed one night but found the staff to be great, hotel to be clean and appealing, room nice spacious and clean, bed and bath clean, breakfast good. Would stay again without a worry. Getting kinda spendy for this level hotel.

One tip. If you are traveling with a pet, please clean up after it. We are finding that happens less this year than last and we need the good will of hotels so we can continue to travel with our dog.

Sadly Drury has added a $10 charge for pets. Non pet travelers don't like to see dog droppings on the grounds and who can blame them. I imagine if "we" don't clean up after our pets someone has to be paid to do it.

1 Thank Don C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
TALLAHASSEE
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is an OK hotel - but for the price paid, we could have stayed somewhere much nicer. Rooms are very clean and well appointed, but small. Beds are not comfortable at all. Don't be fooled by the "5:30 kickback" as justification for the higher price - the food is not very good, and the bar selection extremely limited. I've stayed here twice and the food selection was identical - hot dogs, baked potatoes, mac & cheese and chicken tenders. You'll be much happier if you go OUT for dinner! Breakfast is OK - but other chains do it much better. I'm sure it wouldn't break the bank to provide individual portions of real butter instead of cheap (and disgusting) squeeze margarine that doesn't even melt on hot waffles or toast. A better grade of popcorn would be nice too - the one being used has a lot of hulls. The indoor/outdoor pool is great when it's not overcrowded and I do like the pet policy - but next time, I'll likely stay somewhere else. My final surprise was a bill under the door for my pre-paid room -- it was about $30 less than what I had already paid via website. No offer of a refund of the difference, and no apology for billing me for a room I'd already paid for either.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Islandgirl2992
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern with our free 5:30 Kickback during your stay at our hotel. In addition to the items you mentioned, we offer a rotating menu featuring a wide variety options featuring soups, salads, pasta, meatballs and chicken tenders. Additionally, we offer six types of liquor, four types of wine and draft beer. We feel that this, in addition to all of our amenities, makes us a great value compared to the surrounding hotels.

That being said, I was quite pleased to read that you enjoyed our cleanliness. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Tim T., General Manager
Pewee Valley, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I have been down to Nashville several times lately for appointments. Recently we had to stay for a few days, and went to the Hampton Inn near Vanderbilt. This time, we only needed to stay overnight, and decided to save a few dollars by getting a hotel a bit farther away from downtown. Drury was the only hotel in TripAdvisor's Top 10 under $100 a night, and we had a pleasant experience at a Drury in Georgia....so we booked it.

The hotel is near the airport and right off the interstate, making it convenient for business travelers and those willing to drive 10 minutes to Nashville's downtown in order to save some money. The area is a bit downbeat but not dangerously so. (The lobby doors are actually closed at night; a "teller's window" can buzz you in, or you can flash your room card.) Parking is free. There is a gas station next door. If you're planning to eat somewhere besides fast or greasy food, be prepared to drive a bit. A Waffle House is across the street, a McDonald's and Wendy's are next door. Don't expect a place for a pleasant stroll.

The decor inside is actually unexpectedly nice, with a comfy lobby and an atrium. Our room (king bed) was on the top of the atrium on the fourth floor.

The room itself was very clean, except for some anomalies; a unused tissue was in the toilet unflushed and one of our handtowels was either recently used to wipe makeup or was stained. One flush took care of the first problem, and we had plenty of extra towels to throw the bad one in the floor.

While the room isn't spacious, it's plenty big for a couple. I appreciated the extra plugs at the top of one of the nightstands for plugging up electronic devices. Wifi (free) was solid, easy to get onto, and fast enough for surfing and streaming.

Two of the biggest plusses for Drury are the food "extras" and the customer service. First, the service: even a maintenance man went out of his way to say hello and make sure we were doing okay. We needed a wine bottle opener because we forgot to pack one, and the front desk accommodated us quickly and with a smile. Second, the food: from the free popcorn and soft drinks 3 to 10 pm and the free "kickback" 5:30 to 7:00, you won't go hungry. We were too full from dinner to partake, but the food choices were hot and plentiful. As others have said, you could easily make a dinner of the kickback, and for a family, this would be a significant savings. For a fee, there are also many snack choices in their 24 hour "pantry," although you could probably save a few bucks if you got some of the same items next door at the gas station.

One of the concerns we had was our ability to sleep because of the nearness of the airport. Yes, we heard a few planes while awake, but ironically it was not planes that woke us up at night. Early in the morning, we heard trucks near what sounded like dumpsters (garbage pickup?) that roused us more than once. The traffic outside seems constant and is a bit intrusive. The beds and pillows were average as well -- we had a bit of tossing and turning.

Many of the reviews here mention the pool, but we didn't have time to partake.

It is hard to determine a final rating for this Drury. In terms of location and sleep quality, I was a bit disappointed and might be willing to pay a bit more to be closer to downtown and with a bit more lux accommodations. On the other hand, especially for family trips, the value of the kickback combined with the under $100 rate make it an attractive option for those on a budget. So my 3.5 grade will be rounded to a 4. I would not be against staying at this hotel in the future and still enjoy the Drury chain for what they offer that similar priced hotels do not.

Room Tip: AAA is your cheapest rate, according to Drury's 800 line, so be sure to use yours!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The kind of people who bring their pets to a hotel are not rude and inconsiderate. First off, those rooms are cleaned and the bed sheets you are sleeping on have been cleaned since a dog's butt was on them. I moved across the country last year and my dog stayed with me at the hotel. What do you expect people to do with their pets (of 10 years) get rid of them every time they move? You are the kind of jerk that makes it hard for animal lovers to find places to stay and even live. Shame on you for being so heartless towards pets. People like you are why I love my dog more and more every day. Get over yourself, pets are family too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KenOw
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I am not sure why I had the perception that the Drury Inn brand was a less than desirable. Maybe Drury and dreary are too close. But that was my perception. We typically stay at (and have had the most luck with) Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses when traveling and need a place to stop. We were picking up family in Nashville in the winter and needed a quick place to stop with indoor pool (for kids). After searching TripAdvisor, Drury Inn Nashville Airport was at the top of the list. While I was hesitant, I called and made the reservation.

And it was great. From the first phone call to checkout the front desk was friendly and helpful. Exceptional really.

We stayed in a king suite and it was clean, spacious (large) and about as good a place as I have stayed in the "chain" market. The suite had a true separate bedroom and pullout couch which was particularly nice with kids.

The breakfast was heavy (eggs, biscuits, sausage/bacon, etc), fresh, and tasty.

The pool was a big hit with the kids as it was an indoor/outdoor pool---connected so you could swim from the inside to the outside with no problem (just go under a glass wall). The water was warm even though it was 15 degrees outside and the kids had a blast going from inside to outside in the water. I have to admit it was pretty neat being in the warm inside part and then coming up for air in the below-freezing outside part of the pool. The hot tub (inside) finished things off nicely.

I am a bit embarrassed that I had a negative perception of Drury. If this establishment is anything close to normal, Drury can expect to get a sizable chunk of my travel dollars.

Well done Drury and well done TripAdvisor for cluing me in against my own unfounded biases!

2 Thank TheWealthofNations
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We just discovered Drury a few months ago, and this is the third one we've visited -- and certainly not the last! The suite was comfortable, with a large TV in each room. Nice having WI-FI to surf local restaurant choices. Sometimes we don't bother to go to dinner, but just enjoy the Kickback; especially like the nights when meatballs and pasta are offered; add a green salad and I'm a happy camper!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brown
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Picked this hotel because through Trip Advisor it was cheaper then on the hotels website. We enjoy the extras with this brand of hotel. Met the first morning by the manager and made sure we were doing okay with the hotel not having water due to a water main break. He was around the breakfast area the next morning checking on all the visitors and clearing dishes. The only thing that we were a little irritated with was on Saturday evening we had just gotten back from the Opry and came down for soda. It was 10:05 and a lady was cleaning the popcorn machine and we asked if she would let us get a drink of soda. She wasn't pleasant at all. We understand the they close the popcorn and soda at 10:00 but we weren't that late. Everyone else had been so pleasant and this throw my sister and I off. If you don't like kid do not stay at these hotels. VERY family friendly.