“Cheap, ok for 1 nite”
Review of Thrifty Inn

Thrifty Inn
Ranked #146 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Easy access off the highway, room was adequate size. The room was clean and the price was right. Bed however, was like sleeping on a cardboard box. Signage needs to be better, we ended up around the corner & drove thru the gas station. Coffee at the continental breakfast is instant - go the the Shell station. Seemed to be a good part of town, Wal-mart about 4 blocks back across the freeway.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 June 2012

If you need an inexpensive place to just to sleep and leave out the next day, this is the place. There are many restaurants, and fast food places near, and it is right off the interstate. The gated type situation after dark was new to me, but we were leaving the first thing in the AM. No refrig or microwave, so don't plan on keeping anything cold, or warming up anything. Beds were ok, for this type of motel. I wouldn't stay beyond a night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane N
Reviewed 23 November 2011

No it's not the Hilton, but it was clean in general...Like all budget places, carpet had some stains. Bathroom was clean and modest. The place is on "lock-down" at night so you need your room key to drive in and out after the gate comes down. Honestly, i thought that was somewhat appealing. Overall, the area seemed quite okay and its location right off I-24 was great. I heard planes from the nearby airport but it was fine. In general, a step up from econolodge but a step down from a days inn. Lock the door though because the Front Desk apparently doesn't keep good records on who is in what room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank NYCerinVA
Reviewed 15 June 2011

first I want to mention in June 2010 management told me I owed them more money than origanaly put on id number. (confirmation number) and told me there was no rooms available at the time I walked in, then I walked around the hotel just to be curious there were 6 available at that time I told about it. And they asked if I'm challenging the management skills and told me to leave if I don't like it. So I waited 2/12 hours for the
next available rooms and letting other costumers rent rooms before me while I wait outside.June 2011 I had another I.D. with origanal qoute and when I walked up to the counter they said I owed more than origanaly said because there was an event going on in town they made a mistake they made me pay for that mistake. Finally,I had several rolls of toilet paper and A couple boxes of kleenax boxes of in my suitcase and housekeeping opened up my suitcase searching threw my clothing and removed the toiletpaper
and kleenax and closed my suitcase back up. Did it behide my back. I did that for a test to see if I could trust them.Since the india people took over the hotel it went down. I'm not races. I'll never stay there again and I go to nashville 5 to 6 times a year, they lose me for good.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank nashville44881
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I'm usually not one to write a negative review but this story needs to be heard. On a work related trip with four other friends we decided to stay here. We called ahead and the girl attendant on duty was extremely kind and deserves an award for putting up with her boss. She made no fuss about having an extra person and provided a cot. At the counter the next morning instead of giving me the towel i asked for, the Indian man claiming to be the head manager proceeded to ask me how many were in our room. After answering 4 or 5 he called me a liar (with no mention of the towel i needed) and drilled me with several other questions. I stayed calm but complained about his customer service skills and praised those of the attendant we originally dealt with. I found myself at the counter again for checkout, my friends explaining that there was no problem with hotel staff about number staying the night before. As we calmly explained out situation this manager interrupted me and told me to shut up. He then told my friends that I didn't understand anything and had an attitude problem. This angered me but still I didn't leap across the counter and choke him out like I wanted to. When all was seemingly resolved my friends were leaving as I gathered some things. He waited until they couldn't hear and pointed at me yelling, "you NEVER come back here again!" Believe me, I realize it sounds like I'm leaving something out of this story but that is exactly the way it went down. This guy with no service skills whatsoever just wanted to pick a fight. So if you want a cheap but smelly motel where management treats you like you live in their third world country, by all means Thrifty is the place for you!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank danimalsnyder
Reviewed 25 March 2011

This place is terrible, when I called they said they had a pool, when I arrived the pool is closed. I've been here a week and they still haven't cleaned my room, they offered me the use of their vaccum, If you need clean towels you have to beg for them. I'm leaving this dump as soon as I can find another room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JTBMichigan
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This hotel had wonderful prices and the room was decent. The a/c didn't work well though. The pool was nice as well. On our first day the check-in desk said that the pool was open as we were walking to our rooms we noticed the pool sign said closed til ? I have 3 small children just wanting to get in there. So as we were leaving to head to the zoo we asked a guy sweeping up glass on the sidewalk if the pool was open. He looked up at my husband and then went back to what he was doing as if he hadn't heard a word he said. He was Indian and my husband asked honestly with no harm meant (bc the man acted like he didn't understand us) do you speak english. He started flipping out and yelling basically calling us a racist and told us he was the general manager, that he owned this hotel. As we walked off he yelled I"M NOT A MEXICAN!! I don't even know where that was coming from.

Halls were in bad shape, the ice machine on our floor had the door tore on it, the first day we were there the only elevator was out of order. The mans attitude before and after our question was enough to never want to come back, you don't need to treat ppl staying at your hotel so horrible.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family