“Just What You Would Expect”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt
Ranked #42 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Just What You Would Expect”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This Embassy Suites is just that -- an Embassy Suites -- and it was what you would expect it to be. I was attending a meeting nearby and this was one of the closest hotels. Breakfast was excellent. The evening reception was enjoyable. There are plenty of places within walking distance to eat.

It was VERY cold and rainy/icy weather while I was there. The room was comfortable but the lobby area just stayed cold. Also the first night, I thought I heard water running all night. I couldn't find a leak and didn't hear it the second. My guess is that I was near some type of downspout for the hotel.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
jengo12
Reviewed 14 March 2013

5 couples stayed for an extended weekend. Stay was excellent, breakfast was great and happy hour made it! We had a problem with the toilet and it was fixed immediately. Location was awesome and so was shuttle.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Close to everything. We were there for a long weekend. Free shuttle. We used it multiple times. Free evening cocktails. Free excellent breakfast. Wonderful staff. Excellent experience. We will be back!

There is an excellent place around the corner called Losers. The house band is great. They play six nights a week. It is literally a two minute was from Embassy Suites.

This hotel has it all. Great staff, great location, excellent customer service.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank indybrad
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We (two teenagers and I) spent two nights here (February 21 and 22, 2013) and found it quite enjoyable. We were in town to visit Vanderbilt, and this location is very close. Valet parking was $20/night ($14 for self park, I think) and their service was fantastic - never a long wait. We were driving through - but if I had been in town for a quick touristy visit, I would have probably taken their shuttle - it seemed quick and helpful. Great rooms, fantastic breakfast. Oh, and this Embassy Suites was under renovation while we were there - but we hardly noticed. Very positive experience.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LibsterP
Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed for a long weekend over President's day. Good location and the breakfast was excellent. The shuttle to downtown was a very nice perk. Room was clean and comfortable. Would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Walter S
ooltewah
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

February 22, 2013. My wife and I stayed here for 2 days for my birthday. It was a great place to stay. The hotel is in a great location close to the strip but far enough away. There was plenty of things to do right around the hotel as well.
The hotel is very clean and our room was very comfortable and cozy. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful. My wife ask lots of questions about things to do and they were very helpful. The breakfast buffet was not bad but I felt sorry for the lady making omelets. The line was always long. She could of used some help. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Michael j
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was very pleased with the hotel when I saw my room and with the amenities. However, there was children running around the hotel knocking on doors, running down the halls late at night, stealing the luggage carts after I had been waiting for one of the few for about a half hour, being extremely loud in the pool area, running around with barefeet and all wet in their swimsuits in the exercise room, and worst of all riding the elevators up and down leaving it impossible to get on one of them. There were for instance of getting into the elevators with all of the buttons pushed after children ran off and one time where they had pushed all of the buttons and a new child got in each time. I understand that kids will be kids but there was no parental supervision or workers taking care of the issues. I left rather disappointed with my stay here.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank samchamp9
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read from your review that you were pleased with your room and the amenities we offer our guests. Our goal is to do what it takes to help our guests have an exceptional stay with us. I was sorry to hear that did not happen in your case, and that neither their parents nor our staff were able to step in to remind those children to be more considerate. Please accept my apology on our behalf.

Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Best Regards,