“Excellent Service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt
Ranked #42 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Embassy Suites at Vanderbilt for 9 nights.
The hotel is conveniently located with shuttle service provided to the downtown area.
We did not have a car, therefore, found the shuttle service met our needs with excellent friendly services from the drivers. The rest of the time a taxi between four friends was affortable. Dining at the Omaha Steak house located on site, we found the service and food very good. Although the complimentary manager's reception provided a cocktail or glass of wine with taco chips and dip around 5 p.m., considering we were non drinkers of alcohol we missed out on the wide variety of snacks offered at other Embassy Suites.
Complimentary breakfast was a plus with an omelet station and a wide range of other breakfast foods. Our rooms were clean and it was very nice to have a suite instead of just a room. After teaching How to Provide Excellent Customer Service for many years to large organizations, I would have to recommend Mary at the front desk for the excellent service she provided to us during our stay. She was always attentive, helpful, and more than willing to accommodate. I would not hesitate staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Vanderbilt.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,312)

Reviewed 3 October 2010

I chose this hotel because of its location, downtown is always my first choice. Good hotel, the room is quite comfortable and clean. The staff is also good to their guests.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We were in Nashville, visiting someone at St. Thomas Hospital and needed a nice hotel nearby. I found out that I had enough HHonors points for the Embassy Suites and booked it right away. I was a little nervous using my points, because the last time I used them at a Doubletree in Chicago, we got stuck in the worst possible room they had. Not fun! This time, the desk person, was very helpful and congratulated me on having a rewards night. Then we got to our room, on the 6th floor and were very excited. It was a beautiful King suite and very clean. Very spacious and had all the usual suites things, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, two tv's and a pull out sofabed. The bathroom was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Our only disappointment of our stay, was that there was no pool. I've stayed at a lot of Embassy Suites and this is the first one that didn't have a pool. I just assumed that it would and didn't check, so when I'm taking my swimsuit clad child down to go swimming, after a long day of driving, we were told that they only had a hot tub in the fitness area. We went in the hot tub for a few minutes, but I had a very disappointed pre-teen. We slept very well and went down to the dining area in the atrium for a nice hot breakfast. They have everything! Omelets, french toast, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, grits, biscuits, bagels, bakery items, juice, soda, coffee, milk, cereal, etc...
We had a wonderful stay and I would of given it 5 stars, but I think a hotel this size, should have a pool, especially when there were so many families staying there. Also, they charge for using the WiFI connection. The location is great for being close to downtown, the stadium, Vanderbilt University or the Belle Meade area. The parking structure is kind of scary to drive through, so if you don't like making really tight curves in a small area, use their valet service. Just a few dollars more and you have free in and out service.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2010

This hotel is really nice from top to bottom. Great rooms, service, free breakfast that taste better than u would get at a restaurant, free drinks for 2 hours with a bartender that made me the best Margaretta i've ever drank, and free shuttle to downtown. Have stayed here before and will stay again. (take note--- self parking is $18. bucks which i thought to b a bit on the steep side)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We had a very pleasant experience at this hotel during our recent visit to Nashville. The staff there was friendly and courteous. The room was very nice and made for a good night's sleep during our stay there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2010

This hotel is located approx 15 min walk from the main downtown area. The hotel does run a shuttle bus to and from the main sites downtown which is great service to have. The hotel itself is really lovely - very clean and spacious. The rooms were excellent and very well maintained. The restauraunt in the hotel was very nice. The only negative I would have is that there was no free WiFi - in this day and age I just do not undertsand that!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Blownawish
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Typical embassy suites except no pool :( great spot with free shuttle to downtown. never waited more then 10-15 minutes. cab ride from 2nd and broadway $5. All employees were great. One word of caution...there are a few bars behind the hotel that can get loud fri/sat nights. we were on 8th floor facing south and got an earful. Other then that, the hotel is great. Parking is $15 a night.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Nashville hotels
Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt
Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt
Hampton Inn Nashville / Vanderbilt
1 mi away
Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville at Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!