“Clean / Great Value”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Airport
Ranked #66 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great place on east side of Nashville. Half a mile off I-40 near airport and Elm Hill Pike. Great for those driving late from Memphis to Knoxville or beyond and wnat to get an early start teh next day. Great staff and better rates than downtown properties.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jacob_Thompson26, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2015

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Tennessee/Airport, I would like to personally thank you for choosing to stay at our property and also taking the time out to provide feedback to our team. It is greatly appreciated!

I would like to extend special thanks for your compliments and taking the time out to recognize members of our staff here at the hotel. Our staff works very hard on ensuring all of our guests leave satisfied with their stays. I will share your compliments with the entire team and acknowledge the great job they did. Survey’s like these help provide feedback on areas we need to improve and maintain so we can continue to provide a 5 star experience for our valued guests.

Please feel free to personally contact me the next time you are planning on coming back or have suggestions to help provide an even better experience the next time you stay with us. It would be my great pleasure to take care of you!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had a great 3 day stay at this hotel. The staff was some of the most responsive and friendly I have ever encountered in a hotel. There was a problem with the tub draining and it was resolved immediately. The breakfast food was good. The rooms were clean and the service staff friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This stay was not up to par. We'll try another hotel next time.

Our room was not available when we arrived at 5pm. Housekeeping had been running behind due to being short staffed and nearly full the night before. Front desk did comp us a full (hot) breakfast during our stay (value $9.95 per person/day), which was appreciated for our inconvenience.

Restaurant/bar was under renovation. That's fine, I get it, but update the website to say that to set my expectation. Website said renovation was completed 12/20 the day before I checked in on 12/29.

Standard room with nice looking, but cheaply made furnishings. I was disappointed in the poor mattress and bedding quality (the sleep number gimmick thing is a waste).

Room was stuffy and we could never get the temp quite right. This, coupled with the uncomfortable mattress affected out sleep quality. Wall-based HVAC control was not working so had to adjust unit near window. Walls very thin. You'll every nearby door in the hall slam. We could hear the family next door (who were only talking in normal "indoor" voices) through the "adjoining" door. First flights take off from nearby Nashville airport right before 6:00am and will wake you. Yes, I realize it's an airport hotel, but really -- that loud? Did not like that bathroom door had an auto shut mechanism -- there was no way to leave it open.

Breakfast was decent and staff was eager to please, but some of their English language skills were weak. Thank goodness I speak some Spanish. I provided some translation services for other guests. Coffee was poor.

Like the fruit-infused water in the lobby. Did not like the loud, awful music in the lobby. Front desk staff could spiffy up their appearance.

Exercise room was clean and functional.

No hot tub, which was disappointing. For some reason, thought they had one? One of the sites I used said it did.

Affordable room rate compared to downtown hotels that were 2x-3x more per night, but I guess in this instance, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

They have adjustable beds (firm to soft) and I cannot get mine right. The bed is either too firm so I feel like I am sleeping on a board or too soft so I sink into the middle and have trouble turning over. The quality of service isn't bad. The waitstaff is great - very friendly and willing to help you with anything. The continental breakfast is exactly what you'd expect however, I hear the omelets aren't the greatest. They are redoing the kitchen and bar area currently and I am hoping that the renovation improves the restaurant. Overall, an average stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Samantha B
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The price of the room at the Garden Inn represented excellent value. The room was clean and was up-to-date. Two issues limited this from being an excellent review---a remodel going on just off the lobby area for bar/restaurant and the room type reserved was not available. Still overall, I would return. The price was right and the hotel is just three or four blocks off of I-40---easy to reach Opryland and down town area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Well-run hotel for business person or overnight visitor to Nashville, rates are a plus, all was fine except bed way too soft and not because of a pillow-top, just seemed to sag. I would return because the price was very low and it is a Hilton so I got Honors points but it was not what I have come to expect in terms of comfort from Hilton beds.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is our first time in this hotel but we typically stay in this area a few times a year. The location is good- just 5 minutes to the airport and 10 minutes to Opryland Hotel where we visited for the Christmas festivities. The lobby was undergoing renovation, but everything was clean and the staff was very nice. Our only complaint was the beds. They were like sleeping on bricks. Upon checkout, I noticed a sign that stated that all of the beds were adjustable. Since my husband checked us in, I didn't see this and my back was quite sore and disjointed for the next few days. I am sure had we known to adjust them to a more comfortable setting, they would have been fine. We will be on the lookout for this if we stay here in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family