We just returned from a long weekend in Nashville. We chose this hotel based on price and location. We knew we had a car so decided that we did not need to spend double to stay downtown. We made the right choice. This hotel is only a 5 minute ride to downtown! There are restaurants that are around the hotel but you are better served to dine downtown. Since I always like the "pros and cons" reviews, I will do my best on this review.
-Beds are real comfortable
-Rooms are well sized
-The room has a small fridge (bonus!)
-Only a 5 minute drive to downtown (I already mentioned that but needed to repeat it)
-Very nice staff (including Valet, Desk, and Bartender)
-Easy access to the freeway and airport (hint: fill up your tank prior to returning your car here. It will still show full at the rental return)
-Starbucks located right outside the front door
-the sink drain sounded like it had a clog in it. We mentioned this to Housekeeping after our first night bt it continued throughout our stay (Room 637)
-Valet Parking was $24 per night. It sounds a bit steep but name another hotel valet in a big city that doesn't charge in the $20's for valet
-the "city" view is not much to look at. Ask for a stadiumview even during off season.
-Some spoke about the internet charge, but we did not use it at all (who brings their computers on vacation????). We only used our smart phones.
I hope you enjoy this hotel as much as my wife and I did. Check for my reviews on a few of the restaurants and attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Vanderbilt University campus, Marriott Nashville is one of the area's premier West End Nashville hotels. The hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University stadium and Centennial Park and the famed Parthenon. In addition, this top-rated Nashville hotel offers a free downtown shuttle to check out all Music City has to offer. Park25 Bistro, featuring Chef Kimo Akana, serves an eclectic American menu that is comfy, local, and creative. Other amenities include Marriott's new Entertainment Package to stream from personal Netflix, Hulu and Pandora accounts, a renovated fitness center, self/valet parking and a concierge level. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott