“Great location and fabulous staff”

Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University
Ranked #37 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Great location and fabulous staff”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Right on campus with views of the Vanderbilt football field and the Parthenon. Close to downtown and many restaurants. The staff was always excited to help us and everyone was so friendly. This is now our preferred hotel when visiting Nashville especially Vandy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Vanderbilt University. We are extremely pleased that you stay met your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I came to Nashville for a company-sponsored training. The reservation for this hotel was done 2/24/14 for a 3 night stay starting 3/3/14. I called from the airport on 3/3/14 where I was coming from and spoke with Peter that my flight was delayed and I will be checking in late. He said he will make the necessary annotation. When I did come in at 11:00P.M. I was surprised at first that the front desk staff told me that I am not in their system for the 3 nights but was only booked for 1 night. That overnight stay is dated 3/5/14. He even asked me if I have the right Marriott. Now I am beginning to be upset at this point as I am tired of traveling and delays at the airport. All I want is to get some sleep and be ready to attend my training. There are some people that came in after me to check in and it was a breeze for them. It made me think that maybe since I belong in a minority group that I do not warrant the same service or that they can "push" me around without me saying anything. After a while and a lot of computer keystrokes later, they conveniently "found" me a room. I also used their complimentary shuttle the coming and going to my destination on the first day as it is within the 2 mile radius of the hotel. The morning shuttle was prompt. The afternoon shuttle was not. I called to be picked up at 3:17 P.M. but wasn't able to be there @the assigned time of 3:30. I called again & was informed that they'll come back in 15 minutes. It's already 4P.M. when I called again and was told that it'll take another 10 minutes. Still waiting up until 4:30 when I was about to call again and the shuttle finally showed up. Mind you, the temperature all this time that I was waiting outside was low 20's! It's freezing! I'm outside so that I can't miss the shuttle if and when it does pass by. Suffice it to say that I didn't use the shuttle again for the rest of my stay. Oh, and did I mention I found some hair in the bathtub before I even shower on the night I checked in?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank simpletexasgal
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent trip to Nashville, TN. It saddens me to know the issues you had once you arrived to hotel regarding your reservation since you had called ahead to let us know that you were on your way from the airport. The customer service shown at the time of checkin is not how we operate at the hotel and I will use this as a learning experience for our associates so next time it will be a fast and accurate checkin during the time of arrival.

I would also like to apologize for the amount of time it took for the shuttle to pick you up during the cold weather. The shuttle is on a first come first serve basis with higher demand in the evenings than in the morning.

Sorry once again for the issues you experienced and we hope to see you again when traveling to Nashville, TN.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Booked a room at the last minute on a road trip to Nashville. Lobby and common areas were very nice. Hallways seemed a little dated but the rooms were suprisingly nice. Very comfortable. Hotel is right on Vanderbilt campus and across the street from the Parthenon. I would definitely stay here again, especially if going to see a game at Vanderbilt.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your last minute road trip to Nashville, TN and for the great comments regarding the hotel. The hotel is a prime location for Vanderbilt sporting events due to the location and proximity to campus and we look forward to seeing you again when traveling to Nashville, TN.
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hotel is great for middle to upper class guests. Although not cheap, you get your money's worth. Rooms are comfortable, food and room service is very good. Best of all, your are just down the street from all the happenings downtown. about 10mins away. So you can enjoy the downtown atmoshere and still get quiet sleep in your room. There are eating establishments within walking distance. Dont reallyt need a rental car there!

I give this hotel the highest marks......................

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The kind remarks your shared with us have been shared with the team here at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Nasvhille, TN.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 February 2014

For a full service Marriott - and at a full service price, this was very disappointing. I am a Platinum member, so they did upgrade me to a suite. The suite was a terrible disappointment, It was large, but the furniture was horribly dated and resembled a mediocre 1980s hotel. The bathroom was not upgraded at all. The shower was a small walk in with old tiles and a cheap shower door. The grout in both the shower and on the bathroom floor was very dirty, and there was a drain in the middle of the bathroom floor. I expect much more from a suite.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank WJ2011
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Nasvhille Marriott at Vanderbilt University during your recent trip to Nashville, TN and for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay. We are disappointed to know the upgrade you received did not meet your expectations and we have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping and Engineering team since we are constantly striving to better the hotel.

We hope to see you next time you are in Nashville, TN and we hope that your suggestions and improvements meet your expecations.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 February 2014

One can expect a certain level of quality when you stay at Marriott. The chain does a great job of maintaining consistency. That being said, some are better than others.
This hotel stands out as one of best. They go out of their way to ensure a great stay. That even includes having someone just inside the entrance to guide you if you need help. Particularly outstanding is the Concierge Lounge. Gail should be used as a model of how to be a concierge hostess: helpful, accommodating, and super friendly. The evening fare was more than appetizers. Corn beef and cabbage soup one night and shrimp bisque the next. Wow. I also enjoyed having dinner at the bar downstairs. Good food and good bartenders. Finally, i should say that Eddie at the front door was super helpful and a heck of a nice guy.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Parthenon which is beautifully lit at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David C
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recently staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your time while in Nashville, TN. We are pleased that our hosts provided an excellent experience for you from arrival to departure and we look forward to your next visit.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here one night to visit Vanderbilt U. Obviously, very convenient for that purpose. Hotel itself is just average for a Marriott. Self-parking is not close and connected as in other Marriotts. But spaces are plentiful. Rooms are average size, beds are typical. We had a nice view of the "Parthenon". What stands out is the extreme friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, uniformly. From the valet parkers to the front desk, each staff member was very nice and willing to answer questions.
Fitness room was average.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dan W, Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
The hotel takes the comments very seriously. We are just upgraded the entire bed/bedding combination and you'll find the rooms much more to your liking. We certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Our staff and their gracious hospitality is what we live for. We receive copious comments commending the service and demeanor our staff members. We thank you for acknowledging their efforts.

We look forward to your next visit with anticipation. Thank you again for your patronage.

Regards,