“very nice!”

Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Kansas City
“very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our room on the 10th floor had a beautiful view of Nashville's Parthenon. The room was immaculate and the bed/pillows comfortable. The bar downstairs was fairly loud. Nick, the bartender, was so nice! It had a nice selection of appetizers. The breakfast was a cold breakfast unless you paid the $13/person upgrade. Parking was adequate. There are many restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the park on the front side of the building
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dixiepeach
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. I am excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and the view of the Parthenon. My team and I hope to see you again soon when traveling to Tennessee!

Thanks,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Yorba Linda, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have stayed here twice for business this spring. The good: convenient location to where I do business. The hotel staff are nice. David in housekeeping was especially helpful when I left an item in my room at checkout. The bad: the rooms have not added any electrical outlets since they were built. Not even at the desk. So to charge all my devices I had to use a wall outlet and set them on the floor. Unacceptable. The valet service is slow, even when I called ahead. And it is $30 + tax. Self park is not conveniently located. Most irritating is when my business plans changed and I needed to check out earlier than planned, I was charged $125. The pricing policy penalizes flexibility in response to changing business needs. I work for a large international company who designated this property as the preferred place to stay for business in Nashville. Marriott, clearly you do not return the favor and consider us a valued business partner. So I will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MarenOC
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us once again at the Nashvile Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent business trip to Nashville, TN. I would like to thank you for the great comments regarding David and how he assisted you with the item left behind. I am sadden to know we did not meet your needs with the electrical outlets and charging your devices. We do have mini cubies at the Front Desk that you can use in the room to plug in multiple devices in one outlet. Also, regarding the early departure fee of $125 it is due to the agreement at the time of booking that you will be charged up to one nights room and tax without a 24 hour notice.

If you travel back to Nashville, TN, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than glad to assist you with the number of nights you will be staying based on your business travels.

Thanks,
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I did not spend much time at the hotel during my 1 night stay, but everything was how I expected it to be. I chose this hotel because of the location to downtown Nashville and it worked out perfectly to take a short taxi ride to the restaurants and bars. The hotel room was pretty average, but we did have a cool view of the Vanderbilt Stadium. I really liked the lobby, it was very stylish and trendy. The only thing I was disappointed about was that I had called to request my 2 rooms be near each other and when I got there, the request could not be met and we had to be on 2 separate floors. The front desk agent did try to find us something though, and I appreciated the effort. Parking rates were high, but that is to be expected in a big city. The hotel rate was good too, pretty average for a big city hotel. Like I mentioned above, we did not interact with many staff members, nor did we have a chance to eat at the Bistro, so I can't review that too much, but everything I did experience was good and we had a great night there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meg S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. The staff at the hotel are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful view of the football stadium. Hopefully next time you are in town you will be able to enjoy our Park25 Bistro when staying with us again.

Look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
College Station, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Visited recently for my daughter's college orientation. We chose this hotel,even though quite expensive, for the location and the room was nice, although nothing special. Be warned that self parking is $30/day, valet is $35....the self parking lot felt secluded and I did not feel safe walking back alone late at night. Internet service runs another $9.95/day. We hope to visit often over the next 4 years but will make other arrangements.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellen S
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during an exciting time for you and daughter for college orientation. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and the room, but I would like to apologize to you for not knowing the prices of parking and internet ahead of time. Hopefully during the next four years you will choose to stay with us and if there is anything I can do to better accomodate you, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Thanks again for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a sporting event at Vandy in the spring.the location was great, walking distance to bars, food, Vandy, & sights(the Parthenon). The staff was outgoing & helpful. Breakfast buffets were good. Highly recommend for location, experience & value.

• Stayed March 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Room was pretty standard for marriott, plenty of space, clean, comfortable bed, etc. Had a view over the campus/stadium which was nice. Location is on Vanderbilt's campus across the street from the football stadium and only about 5-6 blocks from the west end/music row/midtown bars and restaurants. Cab to downtown was under $10. Only real negative was that parking was a little expensive considering this isn't a major city and it wasn't in downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven M
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

stayed in May '14, for a business trip. the staff was excellent - kind, helpful, knowledgeable. the location was perfect - where else can you look into vanderbilt's football stadium and the parthenon (almost at the same time!). the breakfast was fast and good. the rooms were as expected for a marriott - clean, comfortable, safe, efficient and well-appointed,

i will be back!

Room Tip: decide - parthenon or football.......
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business