“We enjoyed our stay”

Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location walking distance from Vanderbilt University. The Vandy Barnes and Noble bookstore is right downstairs, as is a PF Chang, Starbucks and more! Our room had a view of the stadium. The cons were lackluster service in the bar area--just wanted a glass of wine and a snack, but no table service. We waited a long time until I finally ordered at the bar. Also no free wifi, but it is free in the bar/lobby area. Parking is pricey. If my child goes to Vanderbilt, I would probably stay here again if I got a decent rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DiscerningTraveler66
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Vanderbilt University and Nashville, TN. We have recently brought on a cocktail server for the bar area to provide extra service during peak hours to better accomodate our guest.

Hopefully we will be seeing you often when your child attends Vanberbilt.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This Marriott property is adjacent to Vanderbilt University and across the street from Centennial Park. The Concierge Lounge looks down into Vanderbilt Stadium. The walk across campus to the "Commons" area is a brisk 15 to 20 minutes.

I enjoyed my stay. The welcome was warm and friendly. It was easy to get to popular West End restaurants by taxi.

I stayed three nights in the hotel. The breakfast in the concierge lounge was fine. I liked the coffee better than at most hotels. The Internet in my room was a bit slow when I tried to watch the news, even though I had upgraded to the high speed service. I was leaving on an early evening flight. So, I requested a late checkout the morning of checkout, which Marriott instructs elite members to do. The front desk person denied my request when I called down. I went down and talked to him directly, and he asked another front desk attendant if it was ok. The second person said it was fine. But, it was a bit disconcerting to be put off so immediately at the first request, especially when the hotel wasn't pressed to turn around rooms.

I hadn't been to Nashville in many years, and I had not stayed at this property before. I would, however, recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: I had a view facing Centennial Park and West End, which is the busy side of the hotel. I was comfort...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with and I am extremely glad the hotel and location met your expectations. The coffee in the Concierge Lounge is a fresh brew Starbucks coffee which is a great touch for your elite members. I will speak to the Front Office team on how we can communicate and facilitate late checkouts based on availability of the hotel.

Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Nashville last week for a conference and was very pleased with my stay. The hotel is beautiful and very comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. The meeting facilities were awesome and the food was great. Attendants were there throughout the meeting to ensure meeting participants had everything they needed.

My room at a great view of the Vanderbilt University stadium (new Dudley Field). I was so close, I could literally have enjoyed the game right from my room, had there been a football game at that time.

The hotel is in a great location, convenient to the university, very nice restaurants, interstates, downtown, the airport. It was overall an amazing stay and a hotel I will book again when I'm at in Nashville.

The only negative was the very expensive onsite parking - at $30 per night, it was pretty pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Dudley Field.
3  Thank Lu P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great comments regarding the hotel and I am extremely glad the view and the location were perfect for you!

We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our room on the 10th floor had a beautiful view of Nashville's Parthenon. The room was immaculate and the bed/pillows comfortable. The bar downstairs was fairly loud. Nick, the bartender, was so nice! It had a nice selection of appetizers. The breakfast was a cold breakfast unless you paid the $13/person upgrade. Parking was adequate. There are many restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the park on the front side of the building
1  Thank dixiepeach
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. I am excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and the view of the Parthenon. My team and I hope to see you again soon when traveling to Tennessee!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have stayed here twice for business this spring. The good: convenient location to where I do business. The hotel staff are nice. David in housekeeping was especially helpful when I left an item in my room at checkout. The bad: the rooms have not added any electrical outlets since they were built. Not even at the desk. So to charge all my devices I had to use a wall outlet and set them on the floor. Unacceptable. The valet service is slow, even when I called ahead. And it is $30 + tax. Self park is not conveniently located. Most irritating is when my business plans changed and I needed to check out earlier than planned, I was charged $125. The pricing policy penalizes flexibility in response to changing business needs. I work for a large international company who designated this property as the preferred place to stay for business in Nashville. Marriott, clearly you do not return the favor and consider us a valued business partner. So I will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MarenOC

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us once again at the Nashvile Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent business trip to Nashville, TN. I would like to thank you for the great comments regarding David and how he assisted you with the item left behind. I am sadden to know we did not meet your needs with the electrical outlets and charging your devices. We do have mini cubies at the Front Desk that you can use in the room to plug in multiple devices in one outlet. Also, regarding the early departure fee of $125 it is due to the agreement at the time of booking that you will be charged up to one nights room and tax without a 24 hour notice.

If you travel back to Nashville, TN, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than glad to assist you with the number of nights you will be staying based on your business travels.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I did not spend much time at the hotel during my 1 night stay, but everything was how I expected it to be. I chose this hotel because of the location to downtown Nashville and it worked out perfectly to take a short taxi ride to the restaurants and bars. The hotel room was pretty average, but we did have a cool view of the Vanderbilt Stadium. I really liked the lobby, it was very stylish and trendy. The only thing I was disappointed about was that I had called to request my 2 rooms be near each other and when I got there, the request could not be met and we had to be on 2 separate floors. The front desk agent did try to find us something though, and I appreciated the effort. Parking rates were high, but that is to be expected in a big city. The hotel rate was good too, pretty average for a big city hotel. Like I mentioned above, we did not interact with many staff members, nor did we have a chance to eat at the Bistro, so I can't review that too much, but everything I did experience was good and we had a great night there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meg S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. The staff at the hotel are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful view of the football stadium. Hopefully next time you are in town you will be able to enjoy our Park25 Bistro when staying with us again.

Look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Visited recently for my daughter's college orientation. We chose this hotel,even though quite expensive, for the location and the room was nice, although nothing special. Be warned that self parking is $30/day, valet is $35....the self parking lot felt secluded and I did not feel safe walking back alone late at night. Internet service runs another $9.95/day. We hope to visit often over the next 4 years but will make other arrangements.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen S
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during an exciting time for you and daughter for college orientation. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and the room, but I would like to apologize to you for not knowing the prices of parking and internet ahead of time. Hopefully during the next four years you will choose to stay with us and if there is anything I can do to better accomodate you, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Thanks again for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you again soon!