“Great Stay!”

Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Cumming, Georgia
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Visited Nashville with my boyfriend just for a weekend. Had a great experience at this hotel!

We had an upgraded King room, nothing too special but was nice to have a robe and some extra towels.

We had a view of the Parthenon which was beautiful! Lots of shops and restaurants close! Barnes and Noble with Starbucks, Moe's, a cute boutique, J Alexander's, Qdoba, etc.

Valet is crazy expensive as well as self parking. $35 for valet, $30 for self park (overnight).

Breakfast was great. Our server was fine except that he forgot I needed a refill on my water and didn't come back for 10 minutes... (They weren't busy either.)

It would've been nice if the concierge level was open during weekends, as well as having a hot tub.

They have live music Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. The 3 girls that were there Saturday night were awesome!! They showed us a great time.

Bar is great as well as bartenders. Very nice!

All around great hotel! Will be back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Marriott Vanderbilt is a wonderful hotel in a great location. It is spacious, bright, and inviting with modern, high-end features and the look and feel of an elegant five-star hotel. The staff is friendly and very professional; they welcomed us with smiles and prompt, expert service. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. Our room overlooked Centenial Park which is just across the street from the hotel and although their was concert going on in the park, it was quiet in our room. On the other side of the hotel is Vanderbilt University's football stadium. If your in a high floor room, you could probably watch the game from there. If your looking for a peaceful stay, don't go on game day! Overall, a great property; not cheap, but definitely worth the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Stony Brook, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Past recent reviews mentioned poor/rude service. However, our experience was exactly opposite of that. We found the staff to be very friendly, helpful, courteous, and a delight.
The hotel is directly opposite Centennial Park, which is a beautiful park to walk around (it also has the replica of the Pantheon, which should be experienced).
We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Centennial Park.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The room was quiet and clean. Staff was friendly, and this time, valet didn't lose my car, which was an improvement ;-). Location allows for walking to dinner. Mostly college kids working here, but they are fine... No complaints. Solid hotel. I'll stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was the second time I've had to stay at this property in 2014, and both times have been awful. On both occasions the person at the front desk was unable to find my reservation and needed a manager to locate my name in the system. During my most recent stay, after making me wait about 5 hours, I was informed that my room type had been double booked and that I would need to be in an alternative room my first night. If the bar and restaurant were extracted from this property it would be a lower-level Fairfield Inn. The rooms are worn, and there was enough dust on the furniture in my room to write messages to myself. This hotel survives because of its proximity to Vanderbilt. If it were located anywhere else their rates would need to be in the $70 range to entice guests to overlook the poor service and average accommodations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stu2260
Taylor H, General Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Stu2260,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My apologies for your issues with the overall reservation and room type, as we typically run a high occupancy and do our very best to fulfill every room-type request. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you again and be able to meet your expectations better. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do for you.

Patrick Brown
Director of Operations
Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt
patrick.brown@whitelodging.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a great hotel. If you are a sports fan and are lucky enough to get a view of the football stadium - a great scene. If not, go to the concierge level - one of the best concierge views, next to Marriott Marquis - Times Square.

I will say…this place is quite $$$$ and sells out fast. You must reserve a room early!

Great bar and restaurant. Shuttle takes you to the main street where all of the bars are located. Can't beat the free ride (outside of tip)!!!

Room Tip: anything on the stadium side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Little rock
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We fell in to this booking from Priceline. Got a four star, but have stayed at many holiday inns and lesser hotels and received way more in perks and customer service. I wouldn't rate this anything above a 3. Unfortunately your paying for a 4. Parking is 30 dollars a day! I could have stayed downtown where all the fun is. I asked if I could receive maybe a free breakfast or parking. She said I shouldn't have stayed here then. She was real condensing and told me I should have stayed at a holiday inn. I believe her name was Katie. Oh, and Internet cost extra also.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Therealist1234
Taylor H, General Manager at Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Therealist1234,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My apologies for your issues with the pricing of the parking and internet, as they are added services that we do our best to communicate to guests before staying. Hopefully we have the opportunity to serve you again and are able to manage your expectations better. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do for you.

Best,