“Another good Microtel, 13 Miles from Nashville”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Nashville
Ranked #15 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Microtel’s website has this hotel as “Microtel Inn and Suites Nashville” Which is a little misleading. The hotel is actually 13 miles from downtown Nashville and is located in Bellevue TN but somehow still has a Nashville postal address. When we called to make our reservation we thought we were reserving a room downtown.

We arrived at the hotel later than expected (11pm) and found they had given away the single queen room with shower we had reserved. They only had a 2 queen with a tub, I hate tiny hotel tubs! Every Microtel I have stayed in has had a small fridge in the room, this one did not as we discovered the next day when we returned from lunch with leftovers. But they do have a handful of them on furniture dollies that they wheel from room to room if you request one for no extra charge.

Other than those few small things the hotel was very nice and clean. There is an O’Charlies right in front of the hotel as well a Waffle house and a Mall a short walk behind the hotel. Aside from the tiny tub and being a little further from town than we expected it was a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 March 2009

There's nothing fancy here, but for a place to sleep, you can't beat the price. We stayed in a suite with our baby, and our room was clean. The bathroom was cleaner than most places I've stayed in. Breakfast was simple but filling (bagels), and service was efficient. We had no problems, but we just like a quiet place to sleep at night. Cons: there's a mirror behind the bed and the light from the tv reflected on it--making the room kind of bright at night (hard for the baby to sleep). But that's just a "cosmetic" issue...

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2008

When I got my credit card statement, I found an extra charge. When I called they said that the shower curtain was missing. The management was unwilling to take the charge off and hung up. I found them rude and demeaning. Beware, take inventory of the room and make sure nothing is missing.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank gkvczjr
Reviewed 9 August 2007

Liked
* Clean outdoor pool
* Large lobby
* Large room
* Clean room
* Polite staff
* Small basic breakfast
* Window bench

Did not like
* Rooms had strong smells covered by perfume spray
* Very hard beds- like sleeping on a floor (for some people this is good)
* Small TV way up on top of a cabinet
* Rooms looked like a hospital room
* Mirror across entire back of the room made it hard to sit in bed and read a book.
* Some mold stains in shower could have been removed and new caulking put in.

Average people stayed on our weekday visit to this hotel. All ages and ethnicities were here. A USA flag was hanging in the front lobby although the owners were foreign born. This did not matter to us for it is expected, but I was a bit surprised by the flag. I saw lots of USA flags in the area, so I was unsure as to our reception in the area. While we received lots of stares, we received service we required and kept on traveling. If I had a choice, I would pay more money (paid $69 at checkout) for a better bed, but I was not in charge so this is where we stayed. The other guest seemed to have a great time, maybe this is all they are used to. An ad at the front desk said that the hotel chain was getting ready to upgrade to better beds and furnishings. If it does, the other hotels will be in trouble. This is a well-done budget hotel, but because of the bed and the perfumed smells, it is not my choice and I will do my best not to stay in another Microtel at least until they upgrade. I woke aching all over and with terrible shoulder pain from the hard bed and a headache from the perfumed smell. My husband and teen emerged from the experience just fine.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank living&learnin
Reviewed 12 June 2007

I needed an inexpensive place to stay, and found exactly what I needed at this hotel. The staff was nice, I slept comfortably, and it had everything I needed. And it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I was actually more comfortable here than I was at the Hampton Inn down the street the month before, and I saved over $30. It's not the Hilton, so don't bring some high expactations, but it is what it is, and that is good enough for me! I'm definitely going back the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank wandringmusicman
Reviewed 9 May 2007

I love this hotel we stayed there every weekend when our daughter stayed with her nana. this place was beautiful the lobby has a sitting area where you can read and watch tv. the rooms are great clean and the people who check you in are friendly as well. the price is reasonable and the breakfast is good too. i would reccomend this to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank antswifey21
Reviewed 26 November 2006

We needed a place to sleep at about midnight. We got off I-40 and finding the Hampton Inn booked, opted for its neighbor.

The clerk was a nice enough guy. The continental breakfast was good.

Our room was dingy. The bed was icky. The bathroom was dark and had bugs. The tile was dirty.

The best part of our stay was watching the couple sneak in the side door with a 12 pack. They were seeking a no-tell motel and apparently found same at the Microtel.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled as a couple