“No frills, No extras - Comfy bed and free wifi”

SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport
Ranked #59 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Stayed here on a Thursday through Saturday for business. Interior ok, yet lobby is very small. Business center is actually two pcs in the lobby near the breakfast area where any one can walk past and disturb you. Not a room or center at all. A group of kids came down and took up almost all of the lobby space -- there was no place to "lounge" if one decided too. Nice indoor pool. However, again the same group of kids kept it full until late at night. Breakfast is good -- not great -- better than say a muffin sandwich at McDonalds and it's free. Pretty good evening reception also. The parking lot was very full for a Thursday night and evening Friday morning. Bathroom is very tiny and I'm a 5'4" lady at 118 pounds. Stepping out of the shower I had to dodge hitting the toilet. The room was older and dated. The furniture was drab. Some more lighter, modern furniture would help. Also the fridge is very small so don't plan to put in a tall bottle of water unless you lie it down flat. Microwave is a mini one also. The beds were wonderful. Plenty of pillows and very easy on the back. There is a flat screen that can be viewed from either the bed or the couch. Nice work desk and wireless is free -- not to mention fast. I did not spend much time in the room -- it was bland anyway but if I did I would want nicer furnishings. Great staff, friendly and personable not to mention interesting and talkative -- not the standard hi and thank you for choosing Springhill. I had actual conversations and they recommended a nice place called Jack's for barbecue. Got a great rate, however, at the end of the stay I did feel if I spent some time in the room to kickback, I would shell out the dollars for a more aesthetically pleasing hotel. Not to mention there was no channel on the tv to tell you what channels were available and there was no guide in the room. As a matter of fact, there was no in room hotel book with local information, hotel information and no room service. While, the fitness room was nice and there was an in lobby "market" type store where snacks could be purchased. There were no extras, nothing to charm or wow. At $89 a night, I didn't expect the Taj Mahal or the Ritz. Somehow I thought Marriott would have more of a finer feel better ambience in the lobby and rooms. I guess I got what a paid for -- a clean room, comfortable bed, quiet at night -- even with those kids running around and free wifi as business traveler. Should I come back to Nashville for pleasure, I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport

Reviewed 29 June 2011

Overall we had a good stay. Then again, we were so happy to be away from the place we had originally booked that it wasn't too hard to please us. We managed to get a good deal on this place through price line. Room was decent. A bit dated, but clean. Bed wasn't too bad, but not as good as other hotels. Pillows were so-so. Breakfast was included, so we ate it. It was your typical hotel breakfast. Nothing special. Coffee was decent. Crazy busy in the breakfast area the first morning. To the point I felt I had to get out of there in order to hear myself think. Pool was good; most importantly, it was clean. Staff was awesome. Very friendly and helpful. I think my only complaint was that the fridge made a running water sound all day and all night. Not a huge deal, but a little irritating sometimes.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

For this type/class of hotel, SpringHill Suites was average at best. The overall feel is a bit dated. The rooms have a sitting area with small pull out sofa, sitting chair, and small coffee table. There is an alcove with wet bar, small fridge and small microwave on one side and desk on the other. A TV is shared between the sitting area and sleeping area. This makes for a small clearance area for walking between the two. Also, viewing angles from the sleeping area aren't that great.

The room had a few maintenance issues that needed seeing to: finicky AC, clogged sink aerator that sprayed water, sink stopper that didn't hold water, and crooked toilet seat. In addition, it has foam topped beds which I personally dislike and thin bath towels.

On the positive side, the breakfast was above average from what is offered in most hotels of this type, it was clean, the staff was friendly, and it is convenient to the airport.

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Initially, we were quite worried to find out that a HUGE (2 full size tour busses) group of high school girls soccer teams were staying there. Checking with the front desk to make sure we were on a different floor, the response was "they are on every floor". We were told that they were actually quite well behaved all things considered (age) and if we were disturbed at all after 9pm to simply call the front desk and it would be taken care of. Well, we were not disturbed at all. The sound insulation here seems to be quite good as we did not hear anyone else at all nor the planes taking off and landing at the airport very close by.
I have to say that I was very impressed with this property. The staff was nice, the rooms were clean updated and functional. Ours had a microwave and fridge, and the location is very handy. The waffle house was almost across the street and since we like to sleep in that was a bonus. I cant speak to the breakfast at the hotel, but the beds were the typical Marriott mattresses. Soft but surprisingly comfortable, and this coming from a guy that likes a firm mattress. It was nice to have free internet as that is becoming more rare these days. The exercise room was very basic but did the trick for our 2 nights. Treadmill, elliptical, a bench with hand weights. I did not try the pool, but it was good sized and the pool room did not wreak of chlorine when I walked in. Our room was serviced when we left and it was done very nicely. Sometimes, especially at Residence Inn's it seems like they are half-heartedly going through the motions, but not here. Also the window did open which I like to air the room out. The room itself did not have any perfumey or musty smell at all, a big plus for me.
We got a fantastic recommendation for dinner that sounded too good to be true, but it was quite accurate. The place was called Darfons and it was right close by. The service was great, the servings were really good sized, and the food was fantastic! Like fine dining without the prices! Would not hesitate to go back there either!
We used reward points to stay, but the prices seemed VERY reasonable for the fact that it was so nice and a Marriott property to boot!

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We had an enjoyable two night stay at this all suites hotel in Nashville. The Inn was undergoing a change in their card access system which caused a few minor inconveniences. Otherwise, our room and bedding were very comfortable and the front desk was very helpful and responsive. The breakfast was fair but we sensed that the person responsible for stocking the buffet items was overwhelmed. For example, in the middle of the breakfast period, the coffee pot dispensors were empty and there was no one regularly checking the supplies. This hotel is just around the corner from the airport entrance and convenient to downtown and all major tourist attractions.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have been a loyal Marriot Brand patron for 20+ years.
Unfortunitly what I found with the Nashville Airport Springhill Suites is a poor value (price to quality of property) smelly room and after sending the hotel my comments, I received no reply. Stay was 4/19/11-4/21/11
Lost my future stays as a returning business man.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This is an older Springhill. It is clean but dated. The service was good. I had an early morning flight and needed to be at the airport at 4:30 AM. The shuttle was not running but the hotel called me a cab and paid for it. There is decent business center, airport shuttle, close to airport and restaurants. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business