“Wonderful hotel and staff”

TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport
Ranked #36 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful hotel and staff”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed at the Nashville TownePlace Suites Nashville for one night on our way to Florida with our puppy. The hotel is about one year old and is in pristine. The rooms have a great layout and are nicely decorated. The lobby is decorated equally well and is bright and cheerful. The staff at this hotel is especially great. In fact, the staff here is as friendly and helpful as the great staff we've encountered at Ritz Carlton hotels. Besides having a wonderful room, the bed was incredibly comfortable. It was very helpful to have a continental breakfast in the am available to us. After a long drive, we found this hotel to be a nice surprise and thoroughly enjoyed our short stay. Whoever hires the staff here has done a nice job. It's clear the staff really enjoy their jobs!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites are nice for families.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Leah B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for the comparison to Ritz Carlton. They have an AAA+++ team which we strive to be everyday so I am extremely pleased you were able to experience that during your time in Nashville. I hope your time in Florida is fun. See you real soon!

Leah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Staying in Nashville for a Titans game and the NC State/Vanderbilt Bowl game. Did not want to pay prices for downtown, did not want the craziness of Opreyland, and wanted a suite with separate rooms. This hotel fit the bill wonderfully. The room was nice, with a living room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms with a queen in each room and a bathroom. Really a small apartment. Rate was excellent. Half what downtown would be and only about 10 minutes from there. Very quick and easy drive in and out of downtown Nashville. This area has lots of restaurants, mainly fast food, pizza, chinese, mexican. Very clean, looks to be very new. Nice staff. Modern decor. Great indoor pool. If your want room for a family, this is a great hotel. Would not hesitate to stay here again if returning to Nashville!

lureynolds,

It is so very nice of you to take your time to write such an amazing response about our hotel. I am so happy you enjoyed your time in Nashville. My heart was torn between NC and Vanderbilt since I have lived in both states. However, all in all, it was a great game and I suppose that is all that really matter? :) We look forward to seeing you again. Happy New Year!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I really enjoyed my stay during our trip to Nashville. I am just getting acquainted with traveling with family in mind as opposed to luxury/boutique accomodations, but was meeting other family in the area and sharing the 2 bedroom suite. I felt that the Towneplace adequately accommodated the 4 adults & 2 children. However, the others traveling with me who have stayed in 2 bedroom suites at other hotel chains felt that the suite was not as large or laid out as well as others. That being said, everyone was comfortable and the suite suited our needs. Both bedrooms were on the smaller side with a queen sized bed, flat screen tv on a bureau and a closet. There was enough room on the side of the bed to fit a standard sized playpen flush against the wall, with no room to walk around it. We made 2 dinners in the kitchen, which came in handy. The pool was nice, but on the cold side - with no hot tub; pool toys were provided for the kids which was a nice touch.The hotel is very close to the Gaylord/Opryland mall area, where we spent most of our time sightseeing and shopping. From the above, I would normally rate this as an average property, but the service is what made it an amazing stay. The front desk staff was understanding about our travel with small children and went out of their way to make it more comfortable for us. They were always helpful and ready with a smile. We arrived much earlier than we planned, and were able to check in early since our room was ready. While the continental breakfast is just that - the breakfast staff kept things tidy & replenished. I would stay here again & recommend it highly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
"Impeccable Service" Wow! That's awesome... Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and time in Nashville. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Etowah, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect hotel for our family get-together. This is it! The 2 bedroom suites and sofa bed worked wonderfully for us! We had our privacy but still plenty of space for family time.The beds were very comfortable! We enjoyed having the full size kitchen too. We spent Christmas here. The indoor pool was a big hit. Every area of the hotel was clean. I like the security of the hotel too. No one can get in unless they have a key card or use the main lobby door. All of the staff that we spoke with were friendly. We were late getting to the continental breakfast on the day of our check out but the lady in charge told us to go ahead and get what we wanted since she was only in the process of putting the food away and that we would not be inconveniencing her. We will be staying at this hotel again the next time that we are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Happy New Year and thank you for your awesome response. We appreciate our guests whether they have wonderful or constructive comments; all of the comments help us to only get better!
Oakland, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I do a lot of travelling for work, but this was my first time to stay here, or at any TownePlace Suites facility. I've been a Holiday Inn Express person for a while. HOWEVER, my experience with this hotel in November has left me a changed person. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were very spacious and comfortable, and the staff was excellent! While there appeared to be a few business travellers here, there were also some families, which made me feel a bit more at home, since this was a family vacation.
Another note, this trip was geared around my daughters birthday, and upon entering our suite initially, there was a stuffed animal there waiting with a happy birthday note. The fact that they took the time for this gesture meant a lot to my wife and I, and meant the world to my daughter! This will definitely be our hotel of choice for return trips to Nashville. ~SY

Room Tip: The 2 Bedroom Queen Suites are great for families, or (2) couples travelling together. Each room (b...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Leah B, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this beautiful comment about us here at the TownePlace Suites. I was more than thrilled to read about how amazing your stay was and how we managed to impact your daughter’s life. I am so glad she enjoyed her gift and letter, we will be happy to have her for all the birthdays to come. I hope we have made a permanent Marriott guest out of you and your family. Please give us a call if you ever plan to visit again, this way we may live up to our great Marriott name each time you travel to Nashville TN.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Overall it was a very good experience. The facilities were welcoming and clean. Room amenities and space was great. The room was too warm upon entering (94 degrees). The heat/AC unit ran constantly all night. The temperature could not be regulated by setting the thermostat, had to turn on the air conditioner and open the window. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. My family and I especially appreciated the attention to detail provided by Latia when we enjoyed the breakfast each morning.
Overall it was a very good experience. I would be comfortable recommending the hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice comments about our property here at the TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport. After reading about how warm your room had been upon arrival, we did remind our housekeeping staff the importance of checking the thermostats in each room before moving to the next. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience of that temperature setting. Also here at our Marriott hotel when we have a team member that can make an impression on a guest it does not go unnoticed. We will be more than thrilled to inform Latia of the impression she left on you and your family. So once more thank you and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Nashville.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The staff was wonderful, the rooms were large and had a great floor plan. I stayed in a two queen suite with my husband and 2 year old. This is the best hotel we have found in the Nashville area when traveling with our toddler, and we usually stay at Hilton properties!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Leah B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
WOW! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are partial to our larger suites as the room can not be beat! Thank you for taking your time to write such an awesome response.

Happy Holidays!