“Outstanding place”

TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport
Ranked #36 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was greeted with a warm smile and chocolate chip cookies by Chelsy after having a horrible experience at another hotel, the rooms were large, clean, beautiful and affordable, even though I had no reservations she made me feel welcome and accommodated me and my family. I had to return a rental car at the airport and T had the hotels shuttle there on time and the heater was on. Every time I visit my daughter and grand kids this is where I'm staying. The staff is fantastic and the rooms are very nice and affordable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Leah B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that were able to turn your Nashville experience around and that Chelsea our Guest Service Manager brightened up your day a bit. I hope you enjoyed the cookies! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Upon arrival we noticed the hotel looked relatively new. We got into our room and noticed it's really no bigger than any other hotel room but it has a fridge and freezer, dish washer, stove top, disposal, and all the other amenities you'd be used to at a nice hotel. The room and bathroom were very clean and had no adverse odors. A/C unit wasn't very loud at all. Wifi was free but insecure.

My only complaint was the poor breakfast. There was yogurt, dry cereal, oatmeal, muffins, green bananas, and waffles. I was really kind of hoping for some eggs or hot biscuits. On a weekend there was quite a line for waffles. It just wasn't up to the standard of what you would find at a Fairfield Inn or some place like that.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wagslick
Leah B, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Hello there!
Thank you for giving us some great feedback and scoring us so generously. You spoke so well of our rooms and Ill tell you the housekeeping staff started there day with a smile after reading your comment. I hope we can make a permanent guest out of you whenever you visit the Music city. The TownePlace Suites Family and I want to thank you again for your business and for your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

While the dećore is cute, and the staff are friendly I didn't really enjoy my stay. The best thing about the suite was it was that the bedroom was in a room by itself, that way I could stay up watching TV without disturbing my parents. The bad; the heating/air didn't work. As a previous review stated the temp kept on climbing despite being on a lower setting & the controls in the 'living room' died. We finally turned the unit off and it wasn't too bad. The worst was the sofa bed, it was SO hard it was uncomfortable to sleep. I would suggest softer sheets & maybe a mattress topper? Also the paneling on the microwave was curled up and could have easily cut someone, we reported that earlier in the night, but the staff didn't do anything about it; we even mentioned it at checkout and the lady was like 'I know'. So while the layout was nice I might try somewhere else.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hello, I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I want to apologies for your thermostat not controlling the unit correctly. With our temperatures continuously going up and down here in Nashville we have tried keeping a close eye on maintaining all of our units. We will be sure to take a look at that specific unit as well as that ridged edge in your microwave. We take such pride in our hotel and in the comfort of our guest. I hope the next time you visit the Music city you might try us again but this time stay in our Two bedroom Suite instead of the One Bedroom Suite. I can insure you that this setup will leave you much happier. Thank you again for your scores and for taking the time to give us your feedback, the TownePlace Suites family appreciates your business.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

On our way to Florida, we stopped in late December to stay the night as Nashville is the midway point. We booked our reservations both ways months ago.

Last year, I wrote a fantastic review. We were really happy with our stay. We bring our dog with us, so we always look for a pet friendly hotel. We reserved a package that included the pet fee, dog toys, treats and a bowl for our puppy.

First, when we checked in, I was told the hotel no longer did this package and the person checking me in said she didn't get the memo the hotel was still doing this. I proceeded to show her my rate details on my phone. It was a little concerning to us, because we had left our dog food bowl at home...we had a water dish...and of course could use the bowl in the room, but we don't like to do that. The person helping us said she would bring a bowl, toys, etc. right up to us. It didn't happen. We waited for hours...and we made 3 calls before the bowl was brought up and we could feed our dog. It was frustrating...but nothing to call or write a complaint about. The night was tough for me...the room had clearly had cats in it previously and not cleaned thoroughly. In 12 hours, I ended up taking 6 Bendryl to stop by allergeis from bothering me. Again, it's part of staying at hotels that accept pets.

I thought this was the end of the issues, but then I got my bill that had a pet fee charge. I called the front desk in that we were trying to get an early start the next day for the remaining trip to Florida. The person I talked with was unhelpful and told me the fee still applied. I tried to reason with her and share with her the regular rate for our room was $179...and the package accounted for the pet fee. I offered to show her what was on the Marriott site...and she was unhelpful and said I could wait for her manager. I asked her to call the manager since I was checking out...and after a lot of pushing she did this.

The manager was apologetic for the issues we encountered...and assured me we would not encounter these issues if we stayed the following week. I was reluctant at this point because I already paid over $200 for this room...paid the highest price even though i was a Marriott Platinum member and was entitled to have a free upgrade of room...and rooms were available. I didn't need the hassles of paying a premium for an airport hotel when I could stay at a hotel at a fraction of the cost that accepted dogs. She assured me we would have a problem and as a good will gesture offered to give me some points for the inconveniene. I accepted her apology and decided to give the hotel anothe try since we had good experiences previously.

On a positive note, since I had been taking so many allergy pills, I left my wedding at the hotel and called. The manager retrieved the band and called me and told me she would hold it for me...this is why I'm giving the hotel 2 stars instead of 1.

We returned the following week, checked in and our room was much cleaner. The items for our dog weren't there...because the manager had not gone shopping yet. (I just assumed they would have had them there)...but it was not worth the hassle so I told her to forget about it. I did mention to her, however, the points she had promised had yet been credited to my account. She seemed surprised and said she would take care of it immediately and follow-up with me.

Two weeks after I was promised the points, they are not credited to my account. No follow-up as promised. And when I called yesterday to ask about it...and left a message, no return call. So, I was duped. I gave the hotel another chance and they failed. I didn't ask for the points...but I was asked to give them another chance. They failed. I'm very disappointed in the manager's (Chelsea's) ack of follow-through. Don't promise what you cannot deliver on. Regardless of whether I'm a Platiinum member or not, I expect the decency of keeping commitments.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Leah B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Judy3720-

I want to thank you for taking so much of your time to let us know what your stay was like while you were in Nashville. Obviously this type of rating or review is not what we are accustomed to here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Nashville Airport and we do not take this rating lightly. After reading your review I can understand how frustrating this could be and want to tell you that the service you received is unacceptable. I apologize for the issues you encountered and want you to know that I will get to the bottom of this.

We did have a pet package back in the summer which is when you apparently booked your reservations, since then we did delete the package due to the lack of interest we received from it. I apologize for the oversight in this matter and assure you that I will be discussing this with my Guest Service manager and her team to be sure we have items still on hand for any future reservations that may still be coming through with this package.

I would like to look into the marriott rewards that were purchased for you if you have still not received them? Please email or call me as soon as you can so that we can discuss this matter further. tpsnashville@lbaproperties.com or 615-232-3830.

Thank you again and my personal apologies,

Leah Blackmore

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My family and I stayed here for the November 2013 Colts vs. Titans game and it was great. Easy to find once you get off exit. Check in was a breeze and young lady was very nice. She joked with us about our room number 227(like the television show). We had the two bedroom and it was more than enough space for 7 people. I mostly loved the indoor pool. Beds were comfortable, flat screen TV's in all the room. Continental breakfast was okay. (Just don't go in your p'js). Wanted to stay an extra day and the young lady at the desk helped us out with no problem and kept us in the same room. About a 2 minute walk from Kmart and other restaurants. Not much traffic on the highway so the drive to downtown Nashville, Opry Mills Mall & LP Field only takes about 15 mins. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Leah B, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Nashville. Reading your comment makes me proud to be a part of the TownePlace Suites team. Please come back and see us next season.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed the night before Thanksgiving. Our family has stayed here before. Despite some travel problems and irritations,the staff was extremely reassuring and accommodating once I arrived. The shuttle driver was prompt and courteous. I'll never forget the kind way I was treated at this hotel, especially at the holidays. Excellent customer service,helpful and attentive staff are hallmarks of this property. Immaculate rooms w/great attention to detail and a delicious breakfast complete the experience.

** Front desk staff are awesome!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you! Thank you! We are so happy to hear that we spread the cheer for the holidays. Our staff is pretty impecable when it comes to positivity. Your comments really make all the difference.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed one night in December, was greeted by Chelsea a manager who was friendly, professional and enthusiastic about her property and really made you feel at home. The property was spacious, clean and easy access to the airport. The customer service from Chelsea, really is what you normally expect from a high end Marriott, I was very impressed! I would not hesitate to stay here again if I am in the Nashville area. Complimentary breakfast included!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

We are so glad Chelsea made you feel at home. Your positive comment keeps us on our toes. Looking forward to having you come back if you are ever in the area.