“Good in a pinch”

Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt
Ranked #105 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My daughter goes to college in Nashville, and was missing some of her favorite home cooked meals. I decided to stay here because the room has a stove and I was able to cook her one of her favorite meals). The front desk staff was very nice, but the room was very "bare bones." I asked for double beds - I got two twin size beds. It felt like I was in a dorm room. All in all, it was good in a pinch. However, the next day I checked out and we had restaurant food the rest of the weekend. My daughter will just need to wait until she's home to have home-made meals.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with hardwood floors. The hotel allows pets (so you never know what could be embedded...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MsLilah

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Nothing especially remarkable about this hotel. The service was minimal but functional and the accomodations were fine. Kitchen was stocked with utensils, but not dish soap.

Location is decent, with food options walkably close.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank purplesuitcaseblues
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The room is very basic and barebone. The trash can in our room was not cleaned from the previous guest, if they can oversee something so basic while cleaning I can hardly imagine how dirty this room really is. Book another hotel, we almost left to go a better place.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This place is like an apartment that has been vacated by a nasty resident. It smells bad, housekeeping only did a slight wipe at the bathroom and the room just looked unkept. The assistant Mgr. was hostle at best and not even the least bit kind. I give it a -5 on all counts.

Room Tip: Pick only places that have been reviewed by TripAdvisor or use an internet search to look for compla...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I tried to stay at this property for 17 days while I was visiting Vanderbilt University. They purport to be a good place for such longer stays, but I will never stay here again. The room was extremely noisy at night due to people in the room above me pacing back and forth stomping on the floor during all hours of the night. Also, when I simply walked quietly through the room, the water in a bottle sitting on the counter would register movement. When someone the any of the rooms adjacent to mine upstairs would walk (even quietly), the "art" on the wall would rattle. After a 2-week stay here, I was completely exhausted from lack of sleep and moved to a different location. This facility should NOT be marketed to anyone who is going to be in Nashville for work and needs to sleep at night. I tried to talk to the people at the front desk, and there seemed to be nothing they could do. The top floor of the property is a smoking floor, so if you do not want to be in a smoky environment, you have no choice to not have upstairs neighbors. The people at the front desk told me they talked to the people in the room above me several times (and I should add that the room above me changed occupants several times while I was staying there) but this seemed to make no difference at all. By the way, this property has a phone system where the phone numbers of the rooms are not linked to the room number, so there was no way for me to call the people in the room above me when they were keeping me awake. All the front desk people were able to do is to offer me to move me to a different room, but I couldn't see myself being there for an extended stay and having to move rooms every few nights after another sleepless night when new sleepless people moved in upstairs. I understand that the front desk people don't have many options. It seems to me that the construction of the building is just not amenable to quiet stays and I suspect that the lay-out of the rooms doesn't help - the layout is such that the one place you have to put you clothes is a rod and shelf on the wall (there is NO closet in the room) in the far corner of the room and so you end up walking back and forth in the room between the shelf and the bathroom or kitchenette. This property could use a good overhaul to enable soundproofing and make the rooms generally more comfortable. Maybe then you could also get a window that opens the way it is supposed to...

Having been sleep deprived for two 3-night stretches and turning into a sleep-walking robot when I had to work during the day, I checked out of this property early and went to another place just a few blocks down the street, closer to Vanderbilt, and that had free wifi, a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in the room. This place also had a front desk that was manned 24 hours and a complimentary shuttle to anywhere within a 3-mile radius. I wish someone had warned me about the Extended Stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank xprncd_trvlr
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed here in August 2011 with our two children. Even though we had booked a non-smoking room, we were given a smoking room that smelled of stale smoke. The room was very basic, with two double beds and a chair recliner that had cigarette burn holes in the fabric. There was no closet, just a rack with no hangers. The TV was basic, with a few channels that would cut out in bad weather. The front desk staff was very helpful, though. The washer and dryers were $2 each, amd the dryer needed three cycles to dry one load. Make sure to take your cleaning elsewhere!
The old fashioned mechanical key cards were a nice change of pace and made life easier for us. Overall, basic accommodations, but a good location with easy access to all parts of town. Close to the University and many religious institutions.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I stayed here 2.5 months in a Non smoking room on the 2nd floor and it was a charm. The cleaning was took place once per week as per schedule and everything was ok except for the restroom.. They had a sink which was leaking water all the time and you can hear it during the night when sleeping. I complained but they said they had no other rooms and it was not going to be easy to fix it...The fridge had some kind of a leak had to constantly keep changing towels so that it does not spoil the food...Learnt it the hard way after finding a larg pizza from Jets swimming in water the next day morning..

Other than these small difficulties it was a very nice place to stay in..a lot of good resturants (Indian - 3 and 1 vegetarian in that) some other good places liek Tin Angel , Brcik Tops , Outback just opposite to the hotel , Rumba , J Alexanders (amazing steak house) etc etc etc

Vacated the room , went to Pittsburgh came back to stay here for an other week and got a smoking room on the 4th floor since all others were occupiupied..I have never smoked..but have never been against anyone smoking or the smell. Got to the room and it was horrific ..the carpet was ugly with a lot of stains and cigarette bruns...The smell was so bad , I had to open the windows to keep me alive...got into bed and the bed and smelt cigarettes....even worse the towels in the restroom smelled the same way...I came down said I was vacating since i cant stand the stench and immidialktely got a non smoking room....There are a couple of good people at the front desk and one specifically whoe doesnt care or even acknowledges what you say...

But I love Nahsville...if you have the money you shoudl probably take the Hamton inn or Mariott at Vandy and they are much better..I have stayed there and this is no comparison.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo