“Comfortable and convenient”

Ranked #107 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
LONDON
“Comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We have stayed here previously. It is easy, convenient and comfortable. Easy to downtown by public transit or cab. Interior is getting a little tired but a redo is expected after this busy season - so by next year we should see a new interior. Staff is great, rooms are clean. Sometimes noisy tenants above can be annoying and if on the front street side we must remember we are near a hospital and sirens are audible in the night. Just check out the room before agreeing to stay.

Room Tip: Stay off the street side for noise and the fourth floor is stinky (they allow smoking on the fourth...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Garry - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that your overall stay was a good one. Our goal is to make you and all of our guests feel at home while traveling to and from the Nashville area. Still, we are sorry for the noise disturbances you experienced from outside the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Me and my friend went for CMAfest and the location is far enough away from the cluster downtown to be nice. Theres a Walgreens within a couple blocks and restaurants, but the hotel needs renovated. Its desperatley needing upgraded. There also needs to be a shuttle to downtown during CMAfest. I'm sure people would even pay a small fee for it. I was charged FULL price even tho I had pre-booked 8 months earlier at a low rate. Had to deal with the refunding at checkout but it was taken care of. The people who checked us in didn't seem to know how to operate the computers. It could be a nicer hotel. Most extend stays are better, but this is where I choose because of the kitchenette to save a ton of money during our 5 day stay.

Room Tip: Call ahead to get a better rate, get a room away from the elavator
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cynthia E
Cynthia - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Your comments in regards to the condition of our hotel are much appreciated. Please know, in late November we will be undergoing a huge renovation, which will only improve our offerings. As well, I can assure you that I have taken steps to train our Guest Service Representatives on how to handle rate increases in our system and how to correct them before guests check-in.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you again for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at nvb@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Albion, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I booked this hotel through Priceline for an overnight on our way to Alabama from NY. We arrived in Nashville after a 13 hour car drive and were excited to get into the hotel. I walk in and give my name and the lady at front desk says "Ohhhhhhhhhh we were just talking about you". She then proceeds to tell me that they have no rooms available and that they will call their sister hotels to see if they can put me anywhere. I was quite upset as the only reason for booking this hotel was the location and she indicated the other hotels would be farther away from the Downtown area that we came to visit. After calls to about 5 or 6 other hotels, she comes back and says that there is no availability in any of the sister hotels either and stares blankly at me offering no options or remedy for the situation. She then calls Priceline for me and says that they have no rooms and hands me the phone expecting me to work with Priceline to resolve. An hour later, I am still standing in the lobby going back and forth with the employee and Priceline and I ask if I could use a bathroom. They tell me that they don't have bathrooms for non-guests (I booked this hotel two months ago!!!!). I then get told that Priceline will all me back and I ended up working with Priceline to get a hotel much farther outside of town causing much, much higher cab rates to where we were going and at a much, much lesser hotel. While this whole debacle is going on, two people came to the front desk to complain about the filthy conditions of their rooms. The front desk agent explained that they have a lot of hospital residents and they aren't sure when people will really be leaving. How do you run a business and then book through Priceline if this is the case? Horrible experience all around and Iwill never go to an Extended Stay America again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel! You either won't have a room when you arrive or will be put in a dirty one.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Justin - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate you on your way to Alabama. This type of issue is certainly not our normal business procedure. We try very hard to accommodate every guest and to make sure their rooms are clean as well as ready for occupancy. Unfortunately, our hotel was overbooked and we were unable to place at another property close by. Still, I am glad to hear that you found a place to stay.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at nvb@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have stayed at quite a few hotels by now, and my stay at the Extended Stay in Nashville was the only time I have not been satisfied.

During the first night, there was a lot of noise from the street, since my room was on the street side of the hotel. I asked at the reception to be moved to a room further away from the street, and was told to come back later every time. The staff did not show any initiative to find another room for me. It would have been ok if they'd told me immediately that another room would probably not become available. Then I could have decided to stay anyway, or move out. But as it was, I tried to move to a different room for a few days, and then moved out anyway.

What I am most dissatisfied about, is that I was only told that the nightly rate would increase for a shorter stay after I had moved out. This was because the only staff member present when I moved out was a trainee who did not know about basic things. Not her fault, but the hotel management should not have left the hotel in the hands of a trainee by herself.

Some smaller issues:
* Breakfast is extremely minimal, and there is no room to eat it.
* Communication via email is very slow, and my reservation was not confirmed even though I asked for that a few times.

On the plus side, the extended stay is one of the cheapest hotels around Vanderbilt University, so that can be a reason to stay there. Though in my case I ended up quite a bit more than I expected.

Room Tip: I'd ask to get a room away from the street side.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we were unable to move your room during your stay. As well, that we did not respond in a timely fashion via email prior to your arrival and that the grab and go breakfast did not have enough options. In response, the staff and I are looking into ways to improve our procedures and amenities moving forward.

Please know that our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at nvb@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 5 April 2013

There were two resounding positives - the hotel is in a location for easy access to Vanderbilt, Hillsborough Village, and downtown Nashville, and the woman to check us in (Chantay) was warm and helpful.

Negatives:

The iron in the room didn't work

No soap in the shower (although apparently we could ask for some at the front desk)

I wanted flip flops because the carpet was dirty and heavily stained

Stains were on the ceiling of the room

The other woman at the front desk - weekend staff - was not helpful. Coffee ran out during "breakfast" hours and though no one else was around, she came off as being lazy when she refused to leave to make more coffee. It was made even worse when she saw me try to get coffee the first time and then pretended to be occupied behind the desk in hopes that I would just go away.

Bad.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank samba124
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Nice Hotel, clean and staff friendly. If you need high speed internet be preparred to shell out a few bucks for every 3 MB you use per day. Nowhere is that mentioned in their ads but when you sign on you are given the option of "broadband LIGHT" or pay for actual high speed. Just another typical corporate greed rip off. Also be sure to bring your own shampoo, etc because the only thing provided is toilet paper with the texture of tree bark. I couldn't find any ice machines either and the free breakfast consist of packets of oatmeal or oatmeal bars and some apples and oranges. By far the most frugal hotel I've ever encountered. Also be preparred for unwanted spam after your stay.

Room Tip: there's a Holiday Inn a block down
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Tallulah Falls, Georgia
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations. It is exactly as advertised. We're staying here for medical reasons at nearby Vanderbilt University Medical Center. There are ample places to walk our dog, plenty of nearby restaurants and quality grocery stores. We have traveled extensively throughout the USA and have come to rely on TripAdvisor reviews. Many of these reviews are unfair and do an injustice to fellow travelers. We will, unhesitatingly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013