“very expensive stay in a very cheap hotel!”

Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt
Ranked #104 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel is ok, its functional it does the job for an overnight stay if it was priced as a travelodge or B+B but its not, its priced like a 5 star hotel and its way below the standard that they price it at! I needed to be in that location and so it suited me well, but i wouldnt choose it over much better valus for money places downtown. The room was old fashioned and tired.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your stay in Nashville. Please know that we are in the process of starting renovations next month. Your opinion is not taken lightly and we do discuss each and every comment that we get. That is how we know what our guests like and dislike.

Again we appreciate you letting us know about your stay and we do hope that you will give us another chance in the future to make your stay an excellent one.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The room was nice, staff friendly. I had no need of the kitchenette but it was a nice amenity. The full refridge was a plus. This place was close to several very nice restaurants. It was close to downtown night life and the cost of a cab was about $11.oo each way. Parking was convenient. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank oneof5Knoxville_Tn
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for letting us know that we provided you with such friendly service and that your room more than met your needs. I'm also so pleased to hear that parking at our hotel was convenient and our location was ideal for your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Sticky, buckling laminate wood floors. No shower curtain liner. Dusty dirty. Fridge has condensation leaking issues. The continental breakfast is an apple and packaged muffin. The coffee was gone by 8:30. Housekeeping walks in whenever. They apparently don't have an updated list of occupied rooms. Smells like dirty socks
Positives? Parking is free and easy. AC works well. Didn't trust using the kitchen or the cleanliness of the dishes or cups.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tamsem1010
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I stayed there 9/26/13 for one night. When we checked in the person at the desk said our room (queen) had been given to someone else and she upgraded us to a king. When we arrived at home we have been charged for both rooms. We have called 2 -3 times and they say we were only charged for one room but our credit card shows we are paying for both rooms. They have been NO help in getting this straightened out. And the rooms are just marginally clean. Won't be staying in an Extended Stay America again. And in encourage you to look somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I booked the room through Expedia. Expedia charged my credit card immediately, however a week later when I got to the hotel there was no existing reservation under my name or confirmation number. After 45 minutes of calling Expedia, hotel managers, etc, I had our room. After calling Expedia the next day to ask about the miscommunication, we got a knock on our door for us to check out. Expedia had called them and cancelled our reservation for the 2nd day that we had Already paid for. What a joke. The room was DISGUSTING. It smelled of mildew, was damp, bathroom was filthy,& it gets worse. There was a piece of skin or a picked-off wort or callus just laying in the sheets. Obviously the sheets were neither washed not changed before we got there. Went downstairs to get new sheets and guess what?! No one is at the front desk after dark! I went downstairs for the continental breakfast...There was a basket of packaged muffins, rotting fruit, and coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank ESG89
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room and housekeeping is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are inspecting the rooms everyday and making sure they are up to standard. We are also eager to announce we are awaiting renovations to our hotel within the next few months. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at NVB@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

So after a really bad experience at the Extended Stay America in Columbus Ga a week ago, I allowed them to "try" to make it right by offering me a room, on them of course, in Nashville, Tn. Yeah, right!! We got to the room and the door was open, all of the cabinet doors were open, the microwave was open and dirty, the refridgerator was nasty and had yucky food in it still. The wifi DID NOT WORK..So, when we told the attendant at the front desk, she said she was going to change our room, since I showed her pictures of what I was complaining about. Her jaw nearly hit the floor. We toured Nashville and came back to a different room, AFTER a long day of experiences and had to pack all of our stuff up and move to a room that really was not much better. There was black mold on the caulking of the shower and one of the beds was partially turned down with long thick black hairs on it...gross.I do know that after a certain time that the lobby doors do lock and you have to use your room card to open the doors. So needless to say I was EXTREMELY upset when I got locked out of the building at 6 in the morning because the card reader to open the door DID NOT WORK, and there was no attendant until 7 a.m.. So, after try #2..there is NO WAY I would EVER stay there again!

Room Tip: use a different hotel chain
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sunshine M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The room as you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I am going to work with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at nvb@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Where do I start? The room was in poor shape, stained carpeting, mildew in bathroom, uncomfortable beds. For the money you pay a night I expected better. MAJOR problem is that there is NO ONE at the front desk from 11 pm to 7 am. We had a real emergency involving another guest and there was no one to help. Breakfast is a joke, a cup of coffee and a granola bar. We also suspect someone entered our room even though we put up the do not disturb sign. Stay away from this place. We have stayed at other Extended Stay locations and never had the problems we had at this branch. Only saving grace is that it's close to a beautiful park, restaurants and a short drive to downtown Nashville.

Room Tip: Anything other than the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my apologies that our staff did not attend to your needs properly. While our front desk is manned from 7am - 11pm, we always have a staff member on property from 11pm - 7am who can be reached by the phone in the lobby. I will be speaking with the staff personally about the situation you described, and taking action as needed, especially since we take guests safety very seriously. As well, as this hotel's manager, I can assure you that our staff would not enter a guests room without permission or prior notice. It is important that we respect our guests privacy. Still, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other locations, in the future.