“I'm a fool for beer school”

Blackstone Brewpub & Brewery
Ranked #27 of 38 Food & Drink in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“I'm a fool for beer school”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I've been to the original Blackstone Brewpub on West End Ave many times.Everything is good.Their Nut Brown Ale is one of my all-time favs of any ale anywhere.This time I went to their new bottling facility off Charlotte Ave.I had a groupon to attend beer school.The owner,Kent Taylor was our professor and it was a completely enjoyable and educational afternoon.It finished with a tasting that was also educational and very tasty.At one point in the tour Kent asked if anyone knew the difference between a lager and an ale.I replied that a logger cuts down trees and ale quenches our thirst.Everybody laughed.Nobody even groaned.I recommend either or both the Blackstones.The brewpub is,if not the first, one of the first of its kind in Nashville.There is a reason it has lasted and grown.

Visited March 2012