“Classic Venue With a Down-Home Feel”
Review of Station Inn

Station Inn
Reviewed 7 February 2014

There is nothing like the Station Inn. It is one of the most revered venues for bluegrass, acoustic and Americana music in Nashville. Countless acts from the newcomers to some of the biggest acts in bluegrass make a beeline for this trusted favorite place when they come to Nashville. You never know who is going to show up in the audience and jump onstage with the headliner (the night I was there, New Grass Revival legend John Cowan did the honors).

Another major benefit to the Station Inn is that the refreshments are NOT overpriced. The souvenirs are reasonably priced as well, definitely among the least expensive things with "Nashville" printed on them that you can find in Music City.

The ONLY drawback about the Station Inn is that it is strictly first-come, first-served, so if you want to see a "hot ticket" act you need to get there early to get in line.

2  Thank Got2GoAllTheTime

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The atmosphere is very laid back and casual. $12 per person for a seat at a simple table set up. The live music was excellent. A food area offers varieties of alcoholic beverages as well as sodas. Our group got several pizzas, which were good. Performing was Buddy Green and Friends, who put on a great show. I will definitely stop in anytime I am in Nashville.

1  Thank K S
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I was spending a few days with friends in Nashville and had persuaded them to take me to the Grand Ole Opry which was rather disappointing for us all (see my separate review). On my last night in town they suggested we visit the Station Inn which they had heard had great Bluegrass music. On the basis that we couldn't go too far wrong as it was Sunday night which is when a variety of artists have a jam session and there is no cover charge we were there when the doors opened. What a great surprise, the music was fantastic, the atmosphere was great and everyone was clearly enjoying themselves. With a few drinks and a pizza it was a great night. The venue is basic but the music justified the status of Nashville as a major music centre.

2  Thank GMA1950
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had only one night in Nashville and wanted to find a proper music venue. Checking out the available choices things appeared to be a bit limited but we couldn't have chosen better than going to the Station Inn. It was a Monday night and the 8 piece band was absolutely excellent. The venue itself is basic but that is of no consequence when you get music of this quality. Entry was $12 each and the beer and pizza were pretty cheap, so great value for money and a really good atmosphere. As we were staying at the Union Station hotel it was also very conveniently located. Anyone going to Nashville should check what is on at the Station Inn whilst they are there.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

After standing in crowded & loud bars on Broadway (which were fun too) it was such a pleasure to come to Station Inn, pay $12 and sit and relax while taking in fine bluegrass music. Definitely the atmosphere we were ready for.

You can come in and sit down and enjoy the music in a simple environment. There's no pressure to purchase a drink which was good because I can only drink so much alcohol yet wanted to hear more music.

We arrived about 8:30 on a Friday night and were able to still get a table for the 9:00 show. I would say by 9:00 most all seats were taken.

Would totally make a trip there again. The distance from downtown is walkable if you like to walk but I wouldn't recommend that at night. It's a short cab ride & we were able to easily get a cab right outside afterwards too.

3  Thank Deanne B