“Nashville's Farmers Market”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nashville's Farmers Market”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Sunday, April 27, Tony and I went to the Nashville Farmer's Market. I love going the Farmer's Market. I love buying my fruit and veggies here and I enjoy looking at the gorgeous flowers and buying them occasionally. I would buy them more often if I had a yard to put them in...lol !!!!

1 Thank nokinoki

New York City, New York
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“The Real Thing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This farmer's market makes NYC's Union Square farmer's market look like a joke. It is just awesome with so many vendors selling all kinds of things, from produce to.plants to crafts to snacks and baked goods to even dog biscuits. Everything looked so fresh and delicious. Even if you're just visiting and not buying anything, it's fun to browse. They also have one area that's got a lot of restaurants. Wish we could spend the whole day there. It really was a lot of fun.

2 Thank mikitruax
Kalamazoo, MI
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great deals, farm fresh foods and awesome cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Visited the market at lunch time, foods from all over the world to try. If you can dream of it, they probably have it. Liked the flea market, especially the pottery man that I bought several of hand made pieces from. The farmers market had farm fresh produce and homemade goodies like popcorn and donuts. A great place to visit if you are in downtown Nashville. Come for lunch! You won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank emily2383
Colorado
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Boo! Treated very rudely”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stopped in here with a tour bus. There are only two bathrooms; one on each end. While others went to one side, I went to the other. When I got there, a woman was still sweeping up, and "advised" me to use the other bathroom. I told her that I was with a tour bus, and there was a line, and left. I then went to the Indian market nearby, found it unimpressive, and left.

As I was coming out of the Indian Market, Paul Blart Mall Cop signals to have me come over. He then informs me that the woman cleaning the men's room said I was "short" with her. He did not ask for my side, or inquire at all about what happened. He just started to accuse me. I reminded him that I could spend my money anywhere, and if they didn't want us there, we would gladly take our business elsewhere. The point is, "They don't want your business." They'd prefer to sit around all day long and collect a check for doing nothing. They were upset that there were actually customers in the place, and they might actually be required to clean up the mess at that place.

Trust me. If you want to be treated rudely, there are much better places to go to find that. They call this a "Farmer's Market," but it's really more of a food court, and didn't have any produce to sell at all, at least not when I was there.

2 Thank ovolacto
Knoxville, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“What a gem of a place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This market is located next to Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park which made the experience even better. Granted in May there were not a lot of local produce available but the vendors were honest and explain where the vegetables and fruit were coming from. In this market there was an indoor sitting eatery where one can choose from a variety of small restaurants that range from American to ethnic foods. If one did not want to eat their meal at the eatery one could walk just a few steps to the Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park. This park was vast and there were lots of places to sit , enjoy your food and enjoy nature. In the market eatery there is a international grocery store where one can buy many variety of ethnic foods. The flowers sold in the market were breath taking beautiful and sold at a good price. There is also a flea market inside this market. My kids enjoyed browsing the trinkets, flowers and sampling the ethnic food. Another bonus is there is parking for the market. On the weekend there is no time limit to park so we could spend more time exploring the market, park and relax.

1 Thank cecilia c