“Awesome!!”

Ranked #76 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I was recently stranded in Nashville due to the ice storm. Luckily Countryinn had 1 room left when I arrived! They are renovating/updating however, that didn't bother me at all. They were very friendly and helpful! They made sure I was well taken care of even though they were short staffed due to the ice storm. Thank-You for an awesome stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Kristine,

Thank you for telling us about our visit with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during the ice storm. Thank you for baring with us during our much needed renovation. Thank you for choosing us. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Nashville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Staff is friendly and helpful. But the Carpets are dirty and in terrible condition. Needs some work for sure. Did not stay for breakfast so I can not comment on that. Overall this hotel falls way short of what I expect from this chain. Will not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
countryinnopryland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay. I assure you that we have a rigorous preventive maintenance schedule that we adhere to. We are continually cleaning the carpets throughout this hotel but I do apologize if the carpets in your room were not up to your expectations. I hope you will return at some point in the future to see the improvements we are making.
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This one didn't meet the satisfaction level of the many others I frequent. I usually stay in Goodlettsville, but this was an impromtu trip & Goodlettsville was booked. I understand it was short notice, but I had even told the desk clerk I would move my business here since it was closer, if I was pleased with the service. I know there were few, but more than one room available when I checked in - so WHY the room right under the stair well and directly across from the ice machine? The machine kept me up all night. The beds felt like plywood, they were so hard. Older hotel. When I asked why they didn't check me out and slide my bill under the door like other CI&S, I was told Carlson forbids this now, as it wakes up customers. I would have welcomed the sound of a piece of paper, which would have paled in comparison to the clomping up & down steps and the crashing of ice all night! YIKES. Needless to say, back to Goodlettsville for me next time.

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor room right across from ice machine!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
I apologize for the unfortunate location of the room that was assigned to you. We had only a few rooms left when you made your reservation at 9:30am that morning. We had already assigned that days incoming reservations by the time your reservations were made. In the future, please feel free to make any requests in regards to a desired location at the time of reservation. We always try to accommodate any request of us, when it is within our power to do so.

I hope you will give us another opportunity.
Edgewater, Maryland
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My family is VERY appreciative of the staff at this hotel. We had some special circumstances and the staff accommodated us without hesitation. The check-in clerk even gave us adjoining rooms without our having to ask for them. The lobby was very clean and inviting. They even had books you could borrow if you needed something to do. The rooms were clean and comfortable despite the fact we had 3 adults in one room and 4 in another. The bathrooms were a little dated but more than adequate for a one night stay. The breakfast was awesome and offered a variety of foods so that there was something for you to eat no matter what you dietary needs were. (Sausage and eggs were my favorite.) We all agree we would stay there again if we return to the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Clensy,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We are so glad that you enjoyed all that the hotel has to offer. Thank you so much for staying with us. We really value your feedback. We will pass it on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Kahnawake, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week this past February and was very satisfied with everything. Rooms were clean and spacious for my needs. The full breakfast was an asset. Better than most places I have stayed at before. The location was great.....several restaurants in the area within walking distance. I always look at what the bathroom looks like and that sets the tone for the stay. The bathroom was clean and spacious....a bit slow drainage, but nothing that would hinder another stay. Very friendly service. I would stay at this hotel again should the need arise.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jean,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Vernon, Alabama
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was by far the worst hotel experience EVER! My husband and I travel with our kids a lot and I have never been this agitated. When we arrived the front desk guy "welcomed" my husband by telling him the rooms and rates available. No "How are you?" Or "Hello" ... Very rude. Once we unload our things and headed for the room I saw the front desk clerk busy in the breakfast area eating and looked to be watching tv. The smell when we entered smelled like backed up sewage. The outside of the hotel itself looked up-to-date. Not the case. The hallway had carpet that looked as if had never been cleaned and the baseboards were caked with crud. The room itself was pleasant , at first. Then I discovered some hairs on top of the toilet and by the sink. The walls look to be painted to cover up imperfections and white cauck was in abundance around every nook in the bathroom to cover up mold, I'm sure. We were called at 9:15 by Tim because we were too loud. I have 3 kids and the two younger were crawling around on the floor but the conversation went something like this , " hey, we're getting complaints from the people under yall that y'all are jumping around and it's getting late and y'all need to settle down." I laughed at him because his tone with me was ridiculous. I respect authority but this guy had no business addressing the matter this way. He was rude and unprofessional. I did tell our kids to calm down and soon after put them to bed. The air conditioner in my option was about a month away from giving up. The next morning when we went to check out the lady was very nice and apologetic for the guys attitude. I never post reviews about hotels but my husband requested I do it this time. Overall, this hotel needs a major facelift and some new staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Kisha1022,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for any issue's you may have had with your check in process or with the hallways and your guest room. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I'm not a particular person especially with a stay away from home because I don't expect to be as comfortable as, well, home. But I was disappointed in the hotel. Holes in sheets, stains on shower, and lobby was shabby and old. Very outdated property. Location was good. Right across from Gaylord Opryland Hotel so was good to be near the atrium. Staff was very helpful and pleasant though. But still would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
countryinnopryland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
I apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.