“Kind staff, but dirty hotel.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of GuestHouse Inn & Suites Nashville/Music Valley

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Nashville/Music Valley
Ranked #90 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Los Angeles, California
“Kind staff, but dirty hotel.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Most of the staff was very friendly, kind and helpful specifically Sylvie, Patti, Luke and Terrance. Housekeeping straightened out my room and replenished most supplies regularly which I was grateful for coming back at the end of the day.

I liked the many lamps available for good yellow lighting and appreciate the complimentary upgrade when my reservation was lost upon arrival and checkin.

There is room for improvement with toiletry supplies, cleanliness and mattress/box frame quality.

The bath soap bars were consistently stale and unlatherable. I think there was 1 day out of 4 that I received a VO5 facial soap bar and that bar was better, but the bottle of lotion which I needed desperately due to painfully dry, cracked hands was also stale and curdled up with an unpleasant scent.

The towels were regularly replenished which I was very grateful for, however, several of them had consistently red and black stains. Some smelled fresher than others and I don't believe the carpets were vacuumed. Overall, the room and bed sheets felt dusty.

Also, on my first night's stay there was vomit allowed to dry and crust on the wall at the top of the staircase on the 2nd floor. I noticed it was cleaned up the following day, however, something as hygienically hazardous as that should never have been allowed to remain long enough to dry and crust on a wall, especially a public main hall wall.

The bedroom bed mattresses were a little dilapidated and didn't provide firm back support to make for a well rested evening. I did appreciate the strong flow of hot water coming from the shower head which made for a rejuvenating morning after an evening of unrest with a sore back. I also appreciated the well operating media center which made it easy for me to checkin to my flights ahead of time and print my boarding passes with ease.

The highlights of my stay at the Guesthouse Inn & Suites include meeting the pleasure of Sylvie, Patty and Terrance's acquaintances. They each served with genuine hospitality and deserve a raise!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Scott Township, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

On a return trip from Florida, we decided to visit Nashville. First, we stopped at the Tennessee Visitor Center, where we picked up a Coupon Clipper booklet. Inside was a coupon for a discount at the Guest House; it sounded good, so that's where we stayed.

We'd never heard of this hotel, and were surprised at how large and busy it was. It's very modern and appears to have been there for a while. There was a Cattlemen's Convention in town and many of them were also staying at our hotel.

Our room was very clean and the hotel had all the amenities visitors expect, including a hot buffet breakfast. The hotel employees were friendly and polite and ready to help us with any request. Their Southern hospitality was charming and contagious -- we really did feel welcome.

The Guest House was easy to find and just a few minutes away from downtown Nashville and all the local attractions. Best of all, we were delighted to have stayed at a first-class hotel at a discount price, thanks to the coupon book. Even if we had paid the full price, it would have been worth it.

I would recommend to anyone taking a "road trip" that when traveling to a new state, you should always make a point of stopping at the Welcome/Visitors Center. It only takes a little bit of time out of your trip, and you can get some great, often-overlooked deals. We've used coupons for discounts on hotels, motels, restaurants, and tourist attractions. Who doesn't like to save money?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marion D
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and 1/2 the price of surrounding hotels. Great place if you are looking for value. We stayed one night and I would stay here again. Frig and microwave in room is a nice touch.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meg C
Cavalier, North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Due to the expense of the conference location at the Opryland and the fact it was already booked, we stayed here. Public areas, lobby, hallways, breakfast room, all up to date and newer in appearance. Our room seemed "tired" - outdated carpet and bedspread. Poor quality pillows and towels. Nice to have a frig and microwave in the room. Close to a choice of eating options. Free shuttle from the airport was a plus. The staff was very accommodating and pleasant. The hotel was quiet and the housekeeping staff was very timely with getting rooms done each day. Breakfast ended each day at 9:30 - having it run until 10:00 would have been nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ritav1953
Anadarko, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed here with my family one night while traveling through Nashville on our way home from Washington D.C. Due to bad weather ahead of us on I-40 and behind us on I-40, we needed to stop in Nashville for the night. I had collected a couple of the little hotel coupon books at an Interstate Rest Stop while we were traveling in Tennessee. I used the coupon book and Trip Advisor to help me pick out a good value and moderately rated hotel. This looked like the best of the bunch and it was. Check-in was easy and fast. There was a parking structure we were able to park in and had no trouble with ice and snow on our windows when we left the next morning. We ordered pizza from a local pizza place and enjoyed the use of the microwave and mini-fridge in the room. The bathroom is a bit small and the shower sprayed out of the shower curtain which made the floor wet, but those were minor problems. We were only there traveling through, but there seemed to be quite a lot of dining options and entertainment options. If we needed to stay in Nashville again in the future, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Krystal C
Jackson, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we were traveling through the area and this was listed as the most reasonable place to stay. The hotel seemed to be an older building, but I loved the openness of it. The hallways were especially wide and upon arrival to the room, the area in which you place your suitcases and hang your clothes was much larger than any other reasonably priced hotel I've ever stayed. I loved the spacious room. However, the beds were hard and bouncy. The pillows were very flat and when we called the service desk to ask for extras, they didn't have any. This was a major disappointment and a huge factor in this hotel not gaining a 5 star rating from me.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Irvington, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed two nights at this hotel and really enjoyed it to the fullest! The front desk staff was outstanding! Special props go out to Mary, Terrance, and Shannon. Very cordial,attentive and
Friendly! Their service was great! The housekeeping was fantastic! The rooms was always clean and fresh. If you are going to stay in Nashville this is the place and it's very reasonable. I will stay again with no hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo