“Great Customer Service & Staff”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #22 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Long story short, we actually didn’t stay here. My review is based on the service & help we received from the staff. Due to some issues with their website & scheduling, I was allowed to reserve a room when the hotel had been sold out for weeks. The manager called us while we were in route to hotel give us the bad news. It was my birthday and we had a big night planned with no kids, dinner and concert. So I was very upset at first and advised the manager I needed a room asap. She asked me to give her 10 mins. I did & she found us a room at a nice hotel right down the street. The manager apologized for the situation, told me Happy Birthday, refunded our charges and COMPED the ROOM she found us! WOW! Ended up being a great night! Had to give the manager some props on this, hard to find service like that these days!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear BravesFan76,
WOW! Thank you for this awesome review, even though you didn't stay with us. I remember this situation and I am so pleased that we were able to make your night memorable. I hope you enjoyed your birthday night out in Nashville and next year, give us a call and I will make your reservation personally so this situation doesn't happen again. Thank you again for the glowing review and I hope you get to stay with us in the future. See you soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Best hotel I have been in this year but it's expensive. I can stay at a Hampton down the street for much less. ..........................................................................................................................

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff was warm and friendly. Price was very reasonable and I would recommend to anyone who is traveling for business or leisure. Breakfast, internet, pool and workout room available. All of your needs are met.

Dear David H,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor.com!! I am pleased to read that the Home2 had everything you needed while staying with us! We appreciate the review and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville! Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

reasonable good property for home like place when you are carrying your own food stuff. the b fast options are very limited. do not expect luxury of Hilton. The spa do not have option as may be expected except basic need. there is no entertainment option in room except limited channels on the cable.

Dear Alok G,
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw on tripadvisor.com! As we are a new brand by Hilton Worldwide we appreciate any and all feedback. The brand is currently revamping the breakfast options and we have already seen some great changes and feedback! We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Tennessee. Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I read the reviews on this site, and decided to stay at Home2 based on the reviews. I stayed the night of Mother's Day because my husband is in Afghanistan, and I just wanted a quick, relaxing getaway with my son. Approximately a week and a half after my stay, I found an additional charge of $100 on my credit card. When I called the hotel to find out why, I was told that I was charged an "excessive cleaning" fee and they had "proof" from pictures that were supposedly taken after my stay. They emailed me the pictures, and I was horrified. It was definitely not how I left the room. So, beware. If you must stay here (and really this is definitely the bottom of the Hilton chain when it comes to quality and comfort) because every other hotel in Nashville and the surrounding areas is booked, be sure and take your own pictures for proof of how you left your room. I am not sure if it will help, the hotel staff can always claim they took their pictures after yours but at least you will have your own evidence. Just be prepared for staff dishonesty. Not only was I accused of leaving my room a mess, I was told by Hilton Customer Care (to whom I complained), that the staff at Home2 has been in contact with me AFTER my original contact and their accusations against me. This is another outright lie.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jamia S

Dear Jamia S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor. I do apologize about your perceived experience with us. Typically, the only time we charge an excessive cleaning fee is when the room is left in a state that will take more time to clean than alloted; this can be to a variety of reasons (i.e. excessive trash, food not disposed of properly, or damage that causes us to put the room out of order). I assure you that the hotel and its staff can, in no way benefit from treating a room like this after a guest checks out as they are the ones that have to clean it. In good faith, your $100 excessvie cleaning fee has been refunded to you. Thank you again for your review. Have a great day!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in March and it was perfect! The location is great with plenty to walk to for food and close to downtown. There is a free shuttle that will take you and pick you up from downtown and if you don't want to wait on the shuttle or if you want to travel outside their hours, the cab we picked up from downtown back to the hotel was very quick to pick us up and only cost around $10. The rooms in this hotel are very large with a thick curtain that can be pulled to separate the bed and couch areas which was nice! There is also a full kitchenette which came in handy for us. There is a free breakfast every morning and it was definitely more than your "average" free hotel breakfast. The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful greeting us with a smile every day and offering sight seeing suggestions and directions when asked. To note in case is matters for you (it doesn't for us), the largest size beds in this hotel are Queen and the bathroom we had was only equipped with a shower, no tub. For the cost versus actually staying downtown in Nashville, we would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others travelling to Nashville!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ohiolovestotravel17,
Thank you for the great reveiw on tripadvisor.com! We appreciate you sharing your experience online! I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us as well as Nashville! We hope you come visit us again on your next trip to Nashville. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I booked a group at this hotel for a 2 night stay. The list was ever changing but I sent them a final list 2 weeks before we arrived. They sent me a confirmation from the original list. I had to call them and have them manually give me confirmation numbers for each room. When we arrived at the hotel there were 2 more errors. The rooms were great and the front desk staff were exceptional in helping us and taking care of everything! Nice little breakfast in the AM! And a great location!

Room Tip: Great location for tourist and business travelers if you need something near the downtown or Vanderb...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear 1dervol,
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor! I am sorry about the confusion with the group reservations; sometimes those can be tricky. But I am happy to read that the staff took care of it with great efficiency. I hope you and your group enjoyed Nashville and the Home2 Suites! We hope you book with us again on your next outing to Music City! Thank you again for the review.