“Very Enjoyable”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #22 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This hotel is a very excellent choice for many different reasons. The location is superb, the staff is extremely friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. I look forward to coming back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear newguy37 ,
Thank you for your review of Home2 Nashville Vanderbilt on tripadvisor. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay and would recommend to friends and family. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Nashville. Have a great day!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We are a middle aged couple who spent a long weekend in the area - three nights at this hotel. We wanted to be somewhat near the downtown area. The Vanderbilt area is lovely to walk in, with many good restaurants nearby, and centrally located to many attractions. The hotel itself was great! The front desk staff is very friendly and eager to provide good information to make your Nashville stay more enjoyable. The accomodations were very nice - clean, quiet, roomy and safe. I used the Tripadvisor tips and requested a higher floor away from the elevator. We were on 3rd floor, and it was great. Kudos to the shuttle drivers! Having a shuttle available to take you downtown/back makes the trip so much more enjoyable. We used the shuttle Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights - and the drivers were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The staff at this facility is a real plus. Having coffee available all day, and apples at the desk are the nice touches that make you want to return.

Dear Traveler062010,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com! I am pleased to know that the hotel offered everything you would want in a hotel that make you want to come back again and again. The staff is our pride and joy at Home2! They always work to please our guests and make sure they have everything they need. I am so happy that they took such great care of you. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville! Thank you again for the review and have a pleaseant day!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Home2 for our 4 night stay in Nashville. It was close to the downtown core and located around many nice restaurants. The staff at Home2 went above and beyond, particularly Shavonne at the Front Desk. She worked the entire time we were there and was always very personable and helpful. The shuttle service was wonderful and definitely a nice added touch. We were extremely famished when we came in from our flight but the kitchen at the restaurant was not open. Despite the kitchen being closed the staff still made us food and delivered it to our room. The room was very fun and colourful and the kitchenette was awesome for heating up leftovers or for keeping beverages in the room. Overall an excellent stay. This hotel is highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTraveler871

Dear WorldTraveler871 ,
Wow! I love it when I read reviews where the staff exceeded our guests expectations! I am so happy to know that you enjoyed all the amenities of Home2 and that the staff took such great care of you! We aim to please! Thank you again for the great review and recommendation to other travelers. We hope to see you again in Nashville soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

The location was ideal to walk to eateries and night life. The neighborhood is very safe and well kept. The staff was extremely friendly and the room was lovely. Parking was convenient. We were very satisfied with our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear Jami F,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Home2 Nashville with tripadvisor! I am so glad to read that you enjoyed everything our hotel and neighborhood had to offer. We hope you come back to visit us soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Somehow the rating was incorrect according to what I have been told. The stay there was wonderful and the staff extremely helpful and always happy. Couldn't ask for more than they gave. The front desk couldn't do enough for all of us.

Dear lsk2 ,
Thank you so much for the reveiw on tripadvisor and for correcting the first review. Sometimes the rate scale can be confusing. I know Shavonne took great care of you and your friends so we knew something was off. We really appreciate you taking the time to correct it. Please come see us again the next time you are in Nashville. Thanks again and have a great day!!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We were 2 couples traveling together. Somehow, the reservation we made was on the wrong dates thru a 3rd party booking. Shavonne, at the front desk, booked us into the last room at the hotel. It was crowded all over town and another room was not available. However, several hours later, another room opened up for us. Shavonne was always very courteous and friendly whenever we had questions. She went out of her way to tell us about the area. The room was comfortable and it was great to have a kitchen with glasses and dishes and a full refrigerator. Also, the continental breakfast was quite ample, along with make your own waffles and fruit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Pat C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor. I am sorry about the mix-up with Expedia but I am pleased to know that Shavonne took care of you and that you and your friends enjoyed all that Home2 had to offer. Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon! Take care.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed at Home2 for three nights during TSU’s centennial homecoming in 2012 (September). I am a Hilton Honors member and frequently stay in nicer hotels. I booked the room directly through the Hilton site and got what I considered a very competitive rate especially considering that during TSU homecoming there is usually a substantial hike in hotel prices around town. The rate I received was approx.. $150 a night. I stayed with one of my girlfriends and we got a King bed with a pullout sofa. The bed was amazing and the couch bed was average. It was fine though, I didn’t wake with any aches or pains, but neither would I brag about it. That’s is usually how couch beds go, however.

There is a kitchenette in the troom which would have been great had I been with my family, but this was a girls weekend so we ate out every meal besides breakfast. The bathroom was nice and normal for what I’ve come to expect from Hilton. Nice counters, spacious tub/shower. Very clean.

The breakfast was normal for a breakfast-included hotel. There were lots of options, breads, eggs, meats, waffles, yogurt, juices. It was easy to find healthy choices and not so healthy choices so we were both pleased. The attendtants were hard at work refilling stations so nothing was empty for long. It was also kept meticulously clean.

Service in the hotel was great. I can imagine that they were booked solid, but I had no trouble whatsoever getting attention when needed from the staff. There is also security at night since you have to swipe your card to get it the door. Great since we were without our husbands this trip.

The parking left a little to be desired since there is no access directly back into the hotel but you have to walk past the garage entry gate to get out. This is the middle of the city though so I can’t expect it to be like a suburban hotel I suppose. Something to keep in mind however when travelling alone. It didn’t seem unsafe but the way to keep safe is to be aware at all times.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay and found this a remarkable deal for the money spent and the weekend I stayed. Service was top notch and this new hotel brand of Hilton’s is not a miss.

Room Tip: I didn't notice anything different about any of the rooms. Since it's in the city I believe...