“first stay”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Never heard of this hotel and the staff was extremely helpful. Would recommend this location. Location was close to music row and other points of interest. Would have been nice if the location had room service or bar in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Sarah K, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear William H,

Thank you for your nice review of our property! I am SO pleased that you found our staff to be so friendly...they are the heart and soul of what we do here every day! Location, also, is definitely key and I love how close we are to pretty much everything.

Home2 as a brand is only limited service, much like a Hampton Inn. Therefore, we do not have a liquor license or a full service restaurant on property. However, I do hope that you found any of the restaurants within walking distance to be satisfactory!

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Music City!

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Most of the bigger chain hotels are venturing into the hip and trendy "boutique-like" category (A-Loft, NYLO, Hyatt Place). This was my first stay at a Home2 Suites by Hilton and I must say that I was impressed. The rooms were clean, cheery, and well appointed. I especially liked the fact that the TVs were not locked down and that you could actually connect your computer to them and change the input source using the remote. The common area and the breakfast selections were good; and the pool (giant hot tub) and fitness areas (with actual dumbbell sets) were also above par. There are a ton of restaurants and bars within a short walking distance. The exclusive Patterson House and Catbird Seat are directly across the street. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher floors on the street side have a nice view of music row.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sarah K, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear John S,

Thank you SO much for that wonderful review! I am so happy that you enjoyed everything we have to offer here at Home2! My favorite part was that you found our rooms to be "cheery" :)

The way Home2 hotel rooms are designed is definitely to provide our guests with clean, fresh amenities and workable, flexible spaces to fit your needs. I'm glad you found them to be very user-friendly!

Our staff looks forward to seeing you again, and we can't wait to welcome you back to Music City!

Have a GREAT week!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Everything from the furniture to the decor was very modern and clean. The shampoo and soap dispensers in the showers were a nice touch. Each room came with a kitchen that was already full of silverware and plates, which we utilized during room service. Staff was very accommodating and welcoming. Breakfast in the morning had a great variety of things to choose from.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah K, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Joelle S,

Thank you for writing us a nice review! I am pleased that you found everything here to be comfortable and satisfactory. We definitely pride ourselves on ensuring that our guests feel right at home.

We look forward to your next trip to Music City! Have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed for 5 days during the CMA Music Festival. From the time we arrived until the time we left we were very satisfied. The staff were very friendly. My daughter who is 12 absolutely loved that they had Nutella packs at the check in desk. She said she wants to stay at Home2 every year because she has never stayed at a hotel that had complimentary Nutella :-) A few things that I particularly enjoyed was that the air in our room was ice cold and the internet stayed connected. Nothing is more aggravating than having to have maintenance come check your air cause it isn't cooling or having to reconnect the internet because the signal goes in and out. The location is great. It's one mile to the Country Music Hall of Fame and all the downtown restaurants & sites. There is a complimentary shuttle but we didnt use it because we had a rental car. Parking in the parking garage does cost $20 a day for self parking. I would have given a 5 star rating except that the parking garage is small and crowded. Because of the way the parking garage is built, if you have to park on the 3rd or 4th floor (4th not covered) then you have to take the elevator down to the 2nd floor and walk the rest of the way down to the hotel through the parking garage because elevator is on the far side wall. This was a little intimidating at night because there are no parking attendants. I would always drop my daughter off at the door of hotel so she could go in lobby and wait for me to park. I didnt want her walking through the parking garage with me at night even though it is pretty well lit. The room was very comfortable with a full size refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. The sheets were sooo soft. Hilton has the best bedding. The only problem was that the bedding was so soft I didnt want to get out of bed every morning. I am not exaggerating. The sheets felt wonderful. This was my first stay at a Home2 Suites. I usually stay at Hampton Suites. I am so glad I chose this hotel for our stay in Nashville this year. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice friendly place to stay. If my husband had been with me then even the parking garage wouldn't have mattered cause he could of parked the car :-)

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the street. I did hear some noise from traffic. It didnt bother me but if yo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sarah K, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Sheri L,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice and thorough review! I am so pleased that we still held good memories in your mind, even a few weeks after your stay. We definitely strive to be your home away from home, and look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back next year for CMA Fest!

The first thing I saw on my first day of work, too, were those Nutella packets...SO GOOD! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything else about the hotel too...yes, I agree those sheets are AMAZING. (You can order them, actually. If you are interested, I can get you that number!)

As far as the garage goes, it is one of our projects. We were built after the garage was constructed (originally just for the Hilton Garden Inn behind us). We are so lucky to have the space available for use, but I do understand how it can get confusing inside, with the different level entrances. We have tried our best to mark each entrance, but we will always be open to suggestions, thank you!

We look forward to seeing you next year, have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Rooms were clean. Staff was outstanding! Location was great. Shuttle service is perfect. Who decided a review is only useful if its 200 characters? Why use 200 characters when 88 will do? I don't want anything by the facts.

1  Thank Brian K
Sarah K, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Brian K,

Thank you for your 5-star review...we do greatly appreciate it! I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and the room amenities. I have also passed along to the staff how much you enjoyed their service.

Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We would absolutely recommend staying at Home2 Suites. The location is great. Right next to many entertainment venues plus the hotel van will take you downtown for FREE! The van only runs until midnight but it's all good. The free breakfast is better than expected. Good coffee and serveral healthy choices. Apples and Nutella at the front desk are a nice touch. The workout gym is very good and up to date.
The rooms are large and fairly well appointed. Full size fridge, microwave, dishes, toaster all come with room. Bed was ok. Bathroom was nice.
You won't go wrong by stating here while in Nashville.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear NJOYNC2CA,

Thank you for that wonderful review of our property! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and all of the amenities of our hotel. Breakfast recently had a makeover and we are PUMPED with the results. And that 24/7 Nutella...heaven, right?

I am happy that you were comfortable in the rooms as well. We look forward to your return to Music City!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was actually my 2nd choice. My first choice was full. Now I am glad they were full. This is without a doubt the cleanest hotel I have ever seen. Staff, especially Sarah and Alesiah, were very helpful during our stay. I can't say enough about the shuttle drivers. They had great personalities and would tell you about the best places to go. I haven't been this impressed with a hotel in a long time. Beds were very comfortable, free internet. The only negative, was the breakfast. If you love cereal or waffles you, you will love it. But, after all, it was free! Would highly recommend this hotel! If I could, I would give more than 5 stars...

Dear Cleve R,

Thank you SO much for your glowing review of our property. We definitely are a hidden gem of sorts in the area, and we definitely try to exceed our guests' expectations...we are glad we succeeded in your case!

Alesiah definitely is one of our superstars, and she is pumped that you recognized her! Our shuttle drivers are key as well, as they get to know our guests just as much as the front desk does.

Housekeeping as well has been working SO hard to keep up the look and feel of our rooms and I am so proud of all of their hard work! Thank you for recognizing them as well.

We enjoyed having you stay, and look forward to the next time y'all return to Music City! Have a great weekend!