“Great Lunch Downtown”
Review of Etch Restaurant

Etch Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Etch Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,067 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$25 - US$65
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd AVE.
Description: Featuring an array of global flavors and decadent desserts by Chef Deb Paquette and Pastry Chef Megan Williams, Etch is located in the ground floor of the Encore tower in Nashville's SoBro district. The restaurant is equipped with two private dining rooms, a full bar and an open kitchen with bar-style seating, allowing guests to interact with Deb and her kitchen. Lunch and dinner are available Monday-Friday, as well as dinner on Saturday. In her 13 years as Chef/Owner of Zola, Deb received accolades for Nashville's best chef and Nashville's best restaurant multiple times. Nashville restaurants are many, but Etch sets itself apart with bold flavors and colorful presentations.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Lunch Downtown”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Etch is a great place to go for lunch when you have a little extra time, or just want to do something special. They have valet parking so that takes care of what can be a downtown problem. The food is creative, the room is lovely, and the service is great. And, a vegetarian can be very happy here.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Eclectic Elegance”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Expected great things and was not disappointed. High quality superbly presented. My husband and I shared a duck confeit appetizer that was delectable. His fish was prepared to perfection and my pork loin was melt in your mouth.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great 5 star restaurant!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

ED Sullivan was our waiter in this well located downtown restaurant. He was everything my wife and I wanted while celebrating a birthday in Nashville. He was very helpful with his explanations of the mouth watering menu, his recommendations, his efficiency , friendliness and attentiveness.

This restaurant is really superb.The taste of each of our selections was wonderful, with very creative presentations by the chef. Our expectations for Etch were very high but to its credit, our expectations were exceeded in every way possible.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank alvin i
Allentown, PA
“Exceeded my high expectations!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I came to Etch with pretty high expectations based on review on this site.
I can say that the food experience was the best I've had at a restaurant. Dining with family would be the only thing to improve the experience.
I dined solo on a Tuesday evening and ate at the open kitchen bar - definitely a recommended experience if you want to see a well-oiled kitchen machine - especially on a busy night.
I started with duck confit appetizer which was served over a great orange bread with balsamic glazed blackberries - the gentle sweetness of the bread and berries complemented the soft savory experience of the duck. A truly well-composed appetizer.
I then had a beet salad with blueberries, cranberries, ginger goat cheese, candied pecans, fresh greens and a chili pomegranate vinaigrette - the fairly intense spiciness of the dressing was balanced perfectly by the sweetness of the blueberries & beets and counterbalanced by the goat cheese. Again a perfectly balanced dish!
For my main course I had Moroccan spiced venison served over ginger grits with pear butter, sweet potato guava and a cranberry sumac relish. The venison was cooked to a perfect medium-rare and the spice coating married well with the sweetness of the sweet potato. The grits had a very hearty texture that helped to bring together the incredible softness of the sweet potato and the chew of the venison. The sweet acidity of the relish served to enhance the overall flavors of the dish.
For dessert I had a rhubarb & pecan tart (using a soft, dark pecan shortbread) with strawberry rhubarb sorbet and vanilla cheesecake sauce. Perhaps I sound like a broken record, but the crunch of pecans with the softness of the rhubarb jam provided a nice mouthfeel to go with the sweetness of the jam and sourness of the sorbet.
The meal was pretty expensive, but for this quality of food, was well worth it. The servers were very knowledgable about all the dishes and were very attentive to my needs without hovering.

Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just go - it is delicious!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Wow. I thought the experience at Etch was really great. Like others mention, we went to Etch based off of TripAdvisor reviews. We were not at all let down.

The depth of knowledge that our waiter had was really awesome. The depth of flavors of each dish we really amazing and exactly as the waiter had explained. To start we got the butter tasting and the cauliflower. The butter tasting was pretty cool. The cauliflower was amazing! It was just roasted to perfection and then various dipping sauces...DO IT!

My wife got the Cobia fish dish which was a flavor explosion. I got the lamb chops, which was also great. The only thing was that I didn't fully understand the purpose of the sausage "egg roll." I didn't think it added anything. Everything tasted great though. We got the chocolate pretzel bar for dessert. My wife loved it, I am not into sweets, but I thought it was good.

By the way, we only spent like $120 + tip...similar "expensive" restaurants run around $200 in my mind. That includes a few cocktails.

Just go! You will love it.

• Visited May 2014