“Unique lodging experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
12 South Inn Suites
Ranked #7 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the 12 South Inn Suites during our first trip to Nashville, and it was great. Such a unique and pleasant lodging experience - not a hotel and not a typical B&B. The suites blend right in to a safe Nashville neighborhood, so it almost feels like you live there. Each suite has a private patio with porch swing, which we enjoyed each morning while eating breakfast and drinking the delicious coffee provided by the hosts. Location is great too. Only took us 5-6 minutes to get downtown, and 20 mins to places like the Grand Ol Opry. I'm so glad we didn't spend $200+ a night to stay downtown when this option was equally if not more enjoyable. Room was clean, comfortable, and as advertised. Stay here if you can!! We will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Catyat85

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My daughter and I went to Nashville for the first time, this past May. We wanted to experience the "local flavor" and not stay in a major hotel. We picked the PERFECT place in 12 South Inn. The room was very large, good size comfortable bed, walk-in closet, small pantry with fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc. Twice during the week, a dish full of delectable home-made breakfast treats was provided to go with the fresh ground coffee. Everything was clean and nice, and the best part was coming home every day to our own little porch complete with comfy porch swing. It truly felt like we were part of the Nashville Scene, and it was very centrally located to all that we wanted to see in Nashville. The owner provided us with a wealth of knowledge of attractions to see and we did see most of them. Great trip, great B&B, and would DEFinitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Only saw the Queen Suite, which was awesome!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joyce B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights there in April of 2014. It was a VERY NEGATIVE experience! Soon after we had left, the owner called to tell us he found a small hole in the comforter on the bed that we "must have caused". He said he checks the comforter closely after every guest leaves and he wanted to charge us for replacement of the $130 comforter.

Surprised and taken aback by this call, we then drove all the back to the B&B to see for ourselves what he was talking about. He showed us a small quarter-inch area on the comforter where there was some minor thread abrasion. Not a rip, or tear or puncture, but a quarter-inch spot where the threads were separated. We are a couple in our fifties, who treat property with care and respect, so we disagreed with him that we had caused this defect. My wife and I had not eaten any meals on the comforter nor used the bed as a trampoline! I suggested that the spot be sewn up. He said that couldn't be done. He refused to consider anything else except his own opinion. "I CAN'T USE THIS ANYMORE!" "I KNOW YOU DID IT!" I told him that I would not pay for replacement of the comforter because we did not cause it and how could he prove that. He was adamant. "I KNOW YOU DID IT!" he angrily retorted.

As we were leaving, he threatened, "I HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD ON FILE!" Sure enough, later that day, he charged us $130 for the comforter on our debit card. I called him about this unapproved charge to our account. After some debate, he was later willing to change it to half the amount.

So, beware! If you want to avoid a nasty experience, better to AVOID THIS PLACE. We ourselves would never go back! If you do dare to go there, you probably should bring your own comforter! I am serious! If you use his, you might be advised to take pictures of the entire comforter before and after you use it. I know this all sounds absurd and irrational, but be forewarned. The owner may call you up later once you have left and ruin your vacation! "I KNOW YOU DID IT!"

Room Tip: AVOID THIS PLACE if you can. Unless you you want to give him an extra $130 for his imaginary damages...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank James J
John S, Owner at 12 South Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Admittedly I don’t get much practice responding to negative reviews. We are now in the middle of our third year of operation, and have had over 400 guests. To date we have a total of almost one hundred reviews on Trip Advisor; Bed and Breakfast.com; Yelp and Google. This is only the second time which I have had to respond to a negative review. After reading it, I really don’t believe it is a review at all. But more of a rambling whine, of an individual that is not use to being held accountable for his irresponsible actions. In his headline “Owner will charge you for unrealistic damages after you have left”. “Unrealistic damages”, obviously is going to appear to be trivial, to the person that inflects the damage. But to the individual that incurs the damage, and has to rectify and replace that which is damaged, it is not so “unrealistic”!! In his headline he admits that he did damage to the duvet. Again, his problem is having to be accountable for his actions……

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend and loved it. High quality in comfort. All the extra touches - excellent coffee, delicous pastries and fruits and snacks for breakfast, fabulous linens, the little porch was so comfortable, very clean, a real quality bathroom area, Beautiful neighborhood. We will stay again as my daughter lives nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank patrice b
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at 12 South Inn Suites for a long weekend last week and enjoyed ourselves so much! This was our first time staying at a B&B and it was superb! We chose the Junior King Suite and had more than enough room... Some highlights of the room: the king bed was incredibly comfortable with super soft linens, a nice sitting chair and ottoman plus a small table for two to eat the lovely breakfast of Greek yogurt, pastries, fresh fruit, coffee, and OJ, and the bathroom was very clean. We walked everyday to 12 South to eat or shop- our favorite restaurant in that neighborhood was a Urban Grub. You must try the shrimp and grits! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Junior king suite was perfect and quite large!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed in the Queen suite and it was larger than it looked in the pictures and very very nice. The bed was comfortable and all was as described on the website. We enjoyed a beautiful warm weekend and spent lots of time on the porch outside our room. The coffee and breakfast treats were yummy and the location was perfect as we could walk to restaurants and shops or get downtown very quickly. John is a great host and we would recommend this B & B to anyone traveling to Nashville. We will be back!
Mary and John, St. Paul MN

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcrud
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The accommodations were great as well as our hostess, John. He informed us of the great music at 3rd and Lindsley where Vince Gill played on Monday nights sometimes and he was there the night we went. neighbor was fun, young and good food and beer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple