“Everything as advertised plus more”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
12 South Inn Suites
Ranked #7 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After reading reviews, my wife and I recently stayed here during a 3 night stay in Nashville. We rang mid morning and arranged a time to check in and John was there to met us. He couldn't have been more helpful in orientating us and answering any questions.
We stayed in the King Suite which was extremely comfortable and stocked for a "self" continental breakfast (as advertised). The food supplied was great.
The house is about a 5 to 10 minute drive from Central Nashville, but an easy drive. Nice to be in a quiet leafy area. This would be the only negative if you were visiting Nashville and didn't intend hiring a car.
Overall - very happy with our choice to stay here in a Nashville.

Room Tip: Try the Frothy Monkey, close by, for coffee or if you prefer a cooked breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 July 2014

While the bedroom is comfortable and contains a bistro table and chairs, a "suite" is a misnomer. In addition to the bedroom the accommodations consist of the bathroom and a nook with a refrigerator and coffee pot. We stayed two nights in May - breakfast is not served, rather the guests make their coffee and partake of the juice and sweet rolls provided. This arrangement is fine but upon returning from a day out, we discovered the bed unmade and the used breakfast cups unwashed. I called the owner who said that daily service is not provided. I replied - how was I to clean the cups and juice glasses? In the bathroom? And with what dish detergent? The owner came right over with a change of glasses and cups. If guests are expected to prepare and clean-up after their breakfast - fine, but a kitchen sink and washing soap are required. I for one do not wash up my kitchen plates etc in the bathroom!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed in the King's suite, and had a great time. The suite is very roomy and has all the comforts of home! The porch was amazing. John was very informative on activities and directions. The location is awesome, we walked to many shops, parks, and restaurants. Lyft and Uber are available for very affordable rides. It was a perfect weekend and I highly recommend and hope to go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We just returned from our first visit to Nashville and originally thought we HAD to be downtown to do it all. Then we were referred to 12 South and were we glad! We loved the uniqueness of our suite-in-a-house with our own entryway, swing, porch chairs. A few minutes from the busy center of Music City, this location was great, set in its own quiet and eclectic neighborhood. We found all the local services, including laundromats, food stores, restaurants. Excellent customer service. It was a pleasure to have breakfast treats and fresh fruit awaiting us each morning with no communal breakfast to hinder the start of our day. If we come back to Nashville we'll stay at no other place. It was utter peace to return here at the end of each 'honky tonk day'.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DeborahC209
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the 12 South Inn Suites during our first trip to Nashville, and it was great. Such a unique and pleasant lodging experience - not a hotel and not a typical B&B. The suites blend right in to a safe Nashville neighborhood, so it almost feels like you live there. Each suite has a private patio with porch swing, which we enjoyed each morning while eating breakfast and drinking the delicious coffee provided by the hosts. Location is great too. Only took us 5-6 minutes to get downtown, and 20 mins to places like the Grand Ol Opry. I'm so glad we didn't spend $200+ a night to stay downtown when this option was equally if not more enjoyable. Room was clean, comfortable, and as advertised. Stay here if you can!! We will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Catyat85
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My daughter and I went to Nashville for the first time, this past May. We wanted to experience the "local flavor" and not stay in a major hotel. We picked the PERFECT place in 12 South Inn. The room was very large, good size comfortable bed, walk-in closet, small pantry with fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc. Twice during the week, a dish full of delectable home-made breakfast treats was provided to go with the fresh ground coffee. Everything was clean and nice, and the best part was coming home every day to our own little porch complete with comfy porch swing. It truly felt like we were part of the Nashville Scene, and it was very centrally located to all that we wanted to see in Nashville. The owner provided us with a wealth of knowledge of attractions to see and we did see most of them. Great trip, great B&B, and would DEFinitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Only saw the Queen Suite, which was awesome!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joyce B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights there in April of 2014. It was a VERY NEGATIVE experience! Soon after we had left, the owner called to tell us he found a small hole in the comforter on the bed that we "must have caused". He said he checks the comforter closely after every guest leaves and he wanted to charge us for replacement of the $130 comforter.

Surprised and taken aback by this call, we then drove all the back to the B&B to see for ourselves what he was talking about. He showed us a small quarter-inch area on the comforter where there was some minor thread abrasion. Not a rip, or tear or puncture, but a quarter-inch spot where the threads were separated. We are a couple in our fifties, who treat property with care and respect, so we disagreed with him that we had caused this defect. My wife and I had not eaten any meals on the comforter nor used the bed as a trampoline! I suggested that the spot be sewn up. He said that couldn't be done. He refused to consider anything else except his own opinion. "I CAN'T USE THIS ANYMORE!" "I KNOW YOU DID IT!" I told him that I would not pay for replacement of the comforter because we did not cause it and how could he prove that. He was adamant. "I KNOW YOU DID IT!" he angrily retorted.

As we were leaving, he threatened, "I HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD ON FILE!" Sure enough, later that day, he charged us $130 for the comforter on our debit card. I called him about this unapproved charge to our account. After some debate, he was later willing to change it to half the amount.

So, beware! If you want to avoid a nasty experience, better to AVOID THIS PLACE. We ourselves would never go back! If you do dare to go there, you probably should bring your own comforter! I am serious! If you use his, you might be advised to take pictures of the entire comforter before and after you use it. I know this all sounds absurd and irrational, but be forewarned. The owner may call you up later once you have left and ruin your vacation! "I KNOW YOU DID IT!"

Room Tip: AVOID THIS PLACE if you can. Unless you you want to give him an extra $130 for his imaginary damages...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank James J
John S, Owner at 12 South Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Admittedly I don’t get much practice responding to negative reviews. We are now in the middle of our third year of operation, and have had over 400 guests. To date we have a total of almost one hundred reviews on Trip Advisor; Bed and Breakfast.com; Yelp and Google. This is only the second time which I have had to respond to a negative review. After reading it, I really don’t believe it is a review at all. But more of a rambling whine, of an individual that is not use to being held accountable for his irresponsible actions. In his headline “Owner will charge you for unrealistic damages after you have left”. “Unrealistic damages”, obviously is going to appear to be trivial, to the person that inflects the damage. But to the individual that incurs the damage, and has to rectify and replace that which is damaged, it is not so “unrealistic”!! In his headline he admits that he did damage to the duvet. Again, his problem is having to be accountable for his actions……