“Excellent time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nashville Downtown Hostel
Nauvoo, Alabama
“Excellent time”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

When I arrived at the hostel it was after a frazzled trip. I was stuck in Nashville, and many things were up in the air. I'd stayed at other hostels, and helped run a hostel, so I know they can vary widely.

Honestly the beds were hard - pressure points meant being so sore by morning it wasn't restful. I know there's a balance though, but being honest more comfortable beds, or an option or something would be nice.

Beyond that, I still give excellent ratings. The reasons are many - the staff was awesome. The place was clean, easy to navigate, secure and nice. Hangout areas were there so if you wanted some quiet alone time that was possible or more social areas were available. The location is AWESOME!! The little bar on the corner under the hostel has some pretty decent food, reasonable prices. And just a block up is a variety of food, music and other things down 2nd avenue. Journey over to Broadway and up a couple streets for ice cream and a candy shop, and more music hotspots that you never know who you might see.

It's also near the river...many areas near where Nashville tv series was filmed. I didn't use the kitchen while there, but it looked clean and organized. Plenty of hot water in showers while I was there. Like I said the only part I'd change is the hardness of the beds, and that might just be me. If you're traveling in and like a softer bed, bring a cushion or something. But excellent accommodations, friendly staff, Very accommodating and much appreciated.

Room Tip: Bring extra padding if you like soft beds.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JanH1961

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Really, I do!! This was my first (and only) hostel I've ever stayed at, but if you read reviews by those who have hosteled a lot you'll see they agree!!

I was leery about sharing a room with other travelers. I was worried about the noise, the cleanliness, the bathrooms, etc. And I had seen the movies....

But don't think twice about staying here! The bathrooms were immaculate, the rooms clean, and the common area is worth planning a night to hang out in! Not to mention the location... I mean... come on, you're blocks from the touristy honky tonk downtown area, which is where you're going to go every night anyway! They were renovating when I was there so I looked over the fact that my room seemed to be the one place in the whole building where the temperature wasn't completely comfortable.

What really makes this place though are the employees. They are WONDERFUL! On any given day or night you'll likely find some of them hanging out in the common area jamming. It's often hard to tell who's and employee and who's a guest - but NOT when it matters. I came back one night (er, morning) less than sober and couldn't find my key... out of no where I was let in, taken to my room to see if I left it there, and then made a new key - zero hassle and the guy didn't even seem annoyed, which makes them saints:-) They are there 24 hours a day for anything you might need and will tell you right out what to see and do other than the usual.

This was also my first time traveling alone and - don't tell my friends this - but I just might have had more fun on this trip than any other. I even extended my stay! I met a ton of great people and am even planning to meet back there this Christmas with a girl I met while getting ready in the bathroom.

Bring some ear plugs (in case your roommies aren't on your sleep schedule), don't be a pig, and TALK TO EVERYONE! Especially the new guy Chris.... he'll give you some cool Aussie slang terms! Talk to the super cute girl (can't remember her dang name!) or Steven if you're looking for anything to do, see, or places to shop, and be sure to check out Steven's band at a venue or busking on the corner - they are AWESOME. And plan to stay a little longer than anticipated......

Room Tip: The fourth floor is a "quiet zone" 24 hours a day so if you sleep at odd times, this might...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AmberTrucke
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hostel was the first one I have stayed in but I think it was excellent. The entry and common area was clean and well laid out to be a relaxing space when I arrived. I was offered the option to pay for an additional half day and use the facilities (shower etc) as I had been travelling all night and used the common bathroom downstairs which was clean and spacious. My luggage was stored for me - my big pack in a staff accessed cupboard and little stuff in lockers on the second floor. Once my room was ready I had a womens shared room and had two lovely roomates, the bedding was clean, the pillow was sufficient and the room felt secure. The bathrooms on the bedroom floor were also clean and spacious. Checkout was easy. Downstairs people play music and chill out which is nice, and upstairs there is free wifi. Would recommend for the money is very central in Nashville - One block to broadway and bars and restaurants for four to five blocks along there.
I love Nashville and always have a good time and this place was a great central cheap location

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while traveling with a friend and had a great experience.. it was really clean and super cheap. The staff is super friendly, and will be happy to point you in the right direction whether it be food, drink, or music. It is so close to Broadway (maybe a minute walk), that making trips from there back to the hostel couldn't be more convenient. Also, it overlooks the Cumberland river which also has a pretty nice park sorry of place to walk through. Don't forget to bring your instrument, everyone there is paying music in the common area most hours of the day and will be happy to play. I highly recommend this place

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jamie A
USA
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hostel is a gem! I came in late at night at they were so helpful from the get go! The whole hostel is clean and modern. I was in a 4 bed dorm and never had any noise issues the whole 3 nights I stayed. The kitchen facilities are awesome and the common room was open 24/7 so there was always somewhere to hang out! There are shared single-sex bathrooms as well as individual unisex ones. The bathrooms were impeccably clean the whole time I was there which was so impressive. Above all, the staff we so friendly and helpful at giving you advice on all the best places to visit in Nashville. Speaking of which, the location is the BEST. There's always someone to hang out with in the common room and meet up to go out with, which is great for the solo traveller. Yes, there are no lockers in the room, but Ijust locked my valuables in my pack when I went out. And there is no breakfast included, but the kitchen facilities will have you itching to cook up a storm every morning anyway!!

Room Tip: As for a room with an outside window as some rooms are 'inner rooms' and only have windows o...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank wanderlusttingaussie
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

The best looking hostel I've been to, ever. The staff is really friendly and let me go up to my room before 2pm on my check in day since it was already clean. I had amazing roommates, really comfortable bed and nice and big showers. It ismissing one thing though, lockers in each room for everyone. I would stay there again and I reconmend that sweet hostel to anybody ;)

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bryndis S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hostel was incredible. The staff were hugely welcoming, giving us a tour of the place after we had checked in. The bathrooms are shared, but there are individual unisex ones, and single-sex larger ones; they were all impeccably clean, the entire time.

Unlike other hostels I have stayed in, this one has a real community feel to it. With Nashville being the musical city that it is, there was always someone strumming a guitar or playing the piano in the common area. There was also plenty of opportunity for quiet time as each floor in the building has a small lounge area where you can sit and chill.

The location is amazing, about a 2min walk (if that!) from Broadway, and there is a cheap car park ($12 for 24hrs) across the street. All in all a perfect place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends