“Not what it used to be”

Noshville Delicatessen
Ranked #284 of 2,129 Restaurants in Nashville
Reviewed 2 February 2014

It is sad how this Nashville landmark has deteriorated.

From the moment you park behind the restaurant and see the filthy loading area you begin to question your choice.

I ordered a pastrami sandwich and I had to trim 20% of the wasted fat off the meat before I would eat it. I get better pastrami at the Publix and Krogers.

Waiter was a know it all.

I will miss the matzo ball soup.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I often meet a friend for lunch at Noshville when she is visiting in town. It is the only New York style Deli in Nashville. I particularly enjoy the coleslaw and potato salad as well as the liverwurst sandwich. Another favorite is the Pastrami on Rye. All lunch items are served with deli style pickles that one finds in the Northeast.
I am happy to eat at Noshville with a bowl of pickles and a Cream soda to accompany whatever my lunch choice is.
Restaurants are trendy and I'm not sure Noshville is holding its previous reputation in our area. Unfortunately, it's like all other in comparison; the food and service depends on the staff on duty at the time. I find all restaurants are plagued with this problem. I can have a wonderful meal at the best restaurant in town only to find it mediocre on the next visit.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

While over in this part of town, we saw the Noshville Deli sign and figured this would be a no-brainer for breakfast because our experience with the Noshville Deli on Broadway was always above average. It's a very basic diner, with little character and a limited breakfast menu. We were there on a weekday morning & the place was far from busy. The food was average and refills on coffee was sporadic, which for a breakfast diner is almost inexcusable.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The good news is that we had no pre conceived ideas of how the food-service , etc,, would be ( we hadn’t even read the tripadvisor reviews) We were hungry just pulled in and went for it. Past entering the doorway, Im not really sure what to say- Other than skip it. Marginal food-Service -50’s rock & roll playing. Ouch!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

There are some things in life you can take to the bank. Death, taxes, and a good meal @Noshville. Whether it is a great omelet for breakfast or the delicious Rachel sandwich for lunch, one cannot get much better. The service is spot on and the restaurant is always clean. Oh, do not forget a piece of cheesecake for dessert.