“Lives Up To The Name ”

Husk
Ranked #179 of 2,322 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in Rutledge Hill-just a few blocks south of Historic Broadway, in the heart of Downtown Nashville-is the newest outpost of the Neighborhood Dining Group and James Beard Award-winning Chef Sean Brock's renowned restaurant, Husk. Led by Brock, the kitchen reinterprets the bounty of the surrounding area, exploring an ingredient-driven cuisine that begins in the rediscovery of heirloom products and redefines what it means to cook and eat in Nashville. At Husk, there are some rules about what can go on the plate. "If it doesn't come from the South, it's not coming through the door," says Brock. The resulting cuisine is not about rediscovering Southern cooking, but rather exploring the reality of Southern food. Seed-saving, heirloom husbandry, in-house pickling and charcuterie programs by the culinary team are the basis of Husk's cuisine.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I've never been to Husk in Charleston, but they acquitted themselves very well here. The service was phenomenal, the food was amazing, and the space was soothing. It was like eating at my MawMaw's house if she had been a trained chef. I'd go back in a second.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

From the gorgeous decor, friendly staff, and amazing food this may be my favorite restaurant. Not one thing could I say something bad about. I have been to several Mind of A Chef Restaurants and they never disappoint. I enjoy taking my son to experience different foods and with these amazing Chefs I know they will never disappoint. However, the introduction to Shrimp and Grits at Husk was out of this world. The tender shrimp, sweet corn and bacon foam made this meal one to remember. Okay and we had to try the cheeseburger. Again, the best!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Tucked into a neighborhood in a cute old house, type atmosphere is inviting & funky. I wish I would’ve browsed around before I took the table we were given because the bar was adorable, I’d have preferred to eat in there! I had a heirloom tomato salad w/eggplant & peanuts (sounds odd but yummy) my friend had the ham & biscuits & we shared crispy trout, all was delicious. They encourage you to order a started & main - but glad we didn’t - it was more then enough food. Cocktails were delightful- went into the bar after dinner & watched Adam the mixologist of the night do some magic!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Several people had recommended Husk to us, but we couldn't get dinner reservations on short notice. So, we opted for lunch instead. What a treat! Everything we had was delicious! Loved the vegetables and would consider just ordering the vegetable plate if I return! You can't go wrong with anything here! And the ambiance is top notch as well!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The best meal we had in Nashville. Couldn't get in for dinner, so went for lunch. Great old Southern mansion, very nicely done inside. Service with exceptional. Food was really good. Had deviled eggs to start. Great flavor and you get five, so order accordingly. Every place in Nashville seems to have deviled eggs. We had at one other place but Husk was the best. Main courses: fried chicken with braised greens and coleslaw for my wife; shrimp and grits for me. The chicken was super. Very moist inside, perfectly cooked with a great breading that was just a touch spicy. Not super hot like Nashville fried chicken is famous for. Greens were very tasty and a bit spicy. Coleslaw just so-so. My shrimp and grits were a bit of a surprise when the dish landed on the table. A layer of foam covered the entire bowl. Not a foam fan, but stirred it all up and the dish was delicious. Cooked perfectly with wonderful flavors. Could have used a bit more shrimp, but hey.
Lunch was a bargain compared to the dinner prices. Walk around the restaurant and look around especially downstairs where the bar is and another dining area. Walk outside the downstairs and check out their garden. Very big with veggies and herbs.
All and all, a great experience. Highly recommended. Wished we could have gone back for dinner. But maybe another day.