“DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR BUSINESS. LONG REVIEW BUT PLEASE READ. YOUR SAFETY IS AT RISK!!!”
Review of Nashville Double Decker - CLOSED

Nashville Double Decker
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic Tour that features the Ryman Auditorium, Tennessee State Capital, Union Station, Music Row, The Parthenon, Marathon Village, Bicentennial Mall state park, Public Square park, Titans stadium, Music City Center and a view from 2 bridges crossing the river. Our scenery can't be beat! OPEN MARCH-NOVEMBER
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Upon boarding the bus, we were told that there was not an actual tour guide on the bus that knew the history behind the places. Instead, the bus driver would be pulling over at the four stops and reading off of a note card about the places since she wasn't aware of the history and had never given a tour before. She also let us know at this time that the bus's speaker system was out. Nashville at night is loud. I could not hear most of what was said about Nashville's haunted places and was extremely disappointed with this aspect of the tour. Now, if this was the only set back, I could at least understand that someone had called out and instead of canceling the tour, they went ahead with it and made the best out the the situation. This, however, was not.

A couple of guys on the tour wanted the driver to stop on a beer run. I laughed this off thinking there was no way that once the tour was started this driver would stop to let people off the bus to buy more beer. I was absolutely wrong. Not only did she stop, but she stopped in what I would consider a sketchy part of Nashville. We were parked in front of a Midas and she let the guys out to run across the street to an Exxon Mobil Tiger Mart to pick up some more beer. I felt extremely uncomfortable the entire time we waited there, which was several minutes.

Once the tour got going again, we went to Marathon Motor Works. Outside of the old factory, the bus backed into car. This was the grand finale to an already wrecked evening. I was questioning my safety before, but now I really was. After the driver spoke to the owner of the car she backed into, we were on our way back to the Visitor's Center to end the tour.

I contacted Nashville Double Decker about my experience via Facebook (after visiting their website I thought this would be the best method of contact for them), and after I described my experience to them, the response I got back was that they would be "making corrections". I then told them that while I'm sure their future customer's would appreciate that, I would like my money back for having such a terrible time on their tour, I got a reply of "that won't happen" followed by a very unprofessional comment on my profile picture.

7  Thank 106rachelk
in 3 reviews
"tidbits"
"info"

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My parents and I took this tour on a Saturday afternoon. We are from just outside of Nashville and this was an anniversary present to my parents. They really enjoyed the relaxing little tour looking at Nashville without having to drive. While the bus itself is a little old and run down, it gives the tour charm and really, where are you going to get another Double Decker bus easily. Being a Double Decker gave the tour a perspective that was really nice. Just watch out for a few branches! You can't help the trees where they are planted. The tour guide knew her stuff and the driver was able to concentrate on the road. Overall a very nice experience!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We are locals who decided to take this tour as a group for fun. The bus is a neat idea (if not slightly falling apart). Highlights included information on the local breweries and a standing up adventure across the river on Korean Veterans Blvd. However, there are two major concerns we had as a group. 1) It was Sunday night and we toured through the local projects with loud blasting music, which we felt was tacky. 2) We were on a "Boos, Booze, and Brews" tour...and we toured by the homeless shelter, around which were laying several homeless men and women. When we went by, the driver said on the loudspeaker (and you can't make this stuff up...), "there aren't any ghost stories about this place, but there sure are some scary characters." We were mortified to be on top of the bus with the homeless people looking at us as though we were conspiring in the driver's demonizing of these unfortunate citizens. One of them even shouted back at the bus, "We're not monsters. We're just homeless." It was AWFUL!

11  Thank Missie S
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was my second time taking the bus tour. I handed my groupon and confirmation page to the tour guide who nonchalantly tossed it into the public trashcan when he thought I wasn't looking. My personal info was on it, I had to go down and take it out of the trash. You could hear him flipping through the papers trying to find what to talk about next when driving. He used a lot of filler words on the tour like umm, and uhhh and threw in the occasional cuss word when almost hitting pedestrians or moving vehicles. While this is fun and exciting for the many tourist Nashville gets, I really think he needs to get someone to do his job for him, someone who is more upbeat and can get the passengers excited for the trip and safe! He runs a lot of red lights too!

6  Thank Michelle M