“Small but Tasty”
Review of Midtown Cafe

Midtown Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Midtown Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 2,322 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$5 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Selected in 2018 as a TOP 50 Best Southern Restaurant in USA by a major customer review app, Midtown Cafe remains since 1987, an iconic local and nationally ranked casual fine dining destination just off West End and Broadway in the Midtown / Vanderbilt/ Music Row area. It offers breakfast, brunch, lunch weekdays and dinner M - Sat featuring longtime signature dishes, American cuisine with a Southern flair and the finest, seafood, beef, veal, cage free eggs, bacon, sausages, pastas and regional / local ingredients. Superlative service is by a veteran hospitality staff of full time professionals. Midtown Cafe offers free shuttle service from downtown hotels and to local performance venues including Bridgestone, Ryman, Schemerhorn, TPAC, Ascend and War Memorial after dinner by phone reservations. A fantastic wine list includes 40+ glass selections and 150 bottles. Breakfast weekdays starting at 7am and served through brunch / lunch until 2:30pm M - F. Dinner at 4:30pm M - Sat.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

So glad we found this little cafe just half a block from our hotel. We were there for breakfast but noticed a cute bar and seating for evening diners. Our server was energetic and, as we were hungry, we appreciated the fact that our food arrived quickly. Our breakfast was delicious. It was nice to get away from the chain restaurants and enjoy this friendly cafe.

1  Thank Econouvelle
MidtownCafe, Owner at Midtown Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your gracious thoughts on your experience at our restaurant. Since 1987, we have worked to be consistent in our quality of food and service. Please try us for lunch or dinner on your next visit to Music City.
Best wishes!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The Midtown Cafe is the best restaurant in Nashville. I have dined at the Midtown many times. It is excellent. The kitchen is the best in town. The owner, Randy Rayburn, is the most accomplished owner/manager/chef in Nashville. The dining room is small, but you don’t feel crowded. I have never had a mediocre experience at the Midtown. I recommend it highly after many years of experience.

MidtownCafe, Owner at Midtown Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for your gracious thoughts and comments about your experiences dining at Midtown Cafe, as well as your review of my contributions to managing our longtime team members front and back of the house. As coach of Team Midtown, I strive to let my team be themselves and to enjoy their time with each other and their customers while focusing on quality ingredients and preparations. It has worked for many years now consistently. I will not change our standards of excellence for our guests and friends who visit our home away from our houses. I promise!
Thanks once again!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My husband doesn't use the word delightful often but that's how he described our breakfast here! Grits were amazing as well as the avocado toast and biscuits!!

Sounds like a delightful start to your day visiting Music City!
Thank you!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Best deal in town if you are going to the theater or symphony. Shuttle is included if you purchase dinner.
Martinis were perfect and served just as we ordered. Wait staff suggested wine type with dinner. Perfect complement. The blackened grouper, risotto, and sautéed spinach were all delicious. My friend seemed very happy with her veal too. Perfect dinner prior to seeing “The Waitress” at TPAC.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Midtown being the,
“ Best deal in town.” I would not disagree with your opinions and assessments, as we added the shuttle service years ago to serve our guests needs to enjoy downtown without the parking costs and time hassles of finding same.
Best wishes and Bon Appetit!
Owner/ Manager

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I wanted a full breakfast and saw that this restaurant was around the corner from the hotel. It’s close to Hattie B’s.
I don’t believe that there is a dress code but I was glad that I had dressed better that morning as it’s an upscale place with table clothes and a quiet, classy atmosphere.
The server was friendly and professional. She said that they had been very busy around 9 am. They greeted some customers by name which tells me that the locals like this restaurant and that is always a good thing to know.
I ordered a Feta/Spinach omelet with a whole wheat English muffin and smoked gouda grits and iced tea. The grits were outstanding. I could’ve had a second helping. The omelet was cooked perfectly and very tasty. The server also brought me some ‘fresh from the oven’ mini cinnamon cranberry muffins - excellent!
This place is a diamond hidden in the rough of it’s surroundings.
I paid $20 including tip. It was worth it.

1  Thank lazydoxy

Thanks for sharing your experience and our secrets to success since 1987. Quality ingredients prepared by longtime culinary professionals and served by longtime full time server professionals make it better for our local regulars and our Music City visitors. Join us for brunch, lunch or dinner on your next visit.